ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GOLD MINING CLAIM near Fairplay Colorado FOR SALE, High Grade Ore Stockpile from London Mine and Placer Grounds
Gene Kooper
post Jan 12 2018, 04:34 AM
Post #16

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 120,476

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jan 11 2018, 08:11 PM) *
As you can see, this is a very large stockpile! I've only been told recently by the adjacent mine interests that this is the 172,000 ton pile mentioned in the report above. At this point, I'm not convinced that interpretation is correct. To me, the stockpile looks much larger than what's being rumored.

If you read the tabulation sheet kindly provided by Mr. Misantoni, you will note that the volume of the dump was computed from photogrammetric methods. Only two dumps were surveyed. Photogrammetric methods are less accurate, esp. on steep terrain.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gene Kooper
post Jan 12 2018, 04:45 AM
Post #17

Shovel Buster!

GeoMatt,

I too am disappointed at the above responses by the administrator and Mr. Tonko. Dean Misantoni is a well respected mining geologist who I have worked with since 1995. In the thread I started on the new mine above the old Sweet Home Mine, the published article starts off with a brief history of the old mine. One of the photos includes Dean at the portal of the old Sweet Home Mine. The other article I linked in that thread is on the history of the Sweet Home Mine. The article includes a plethora of maps that attribute the underground mapping to Dean. In my opinion, the geology mapping he did at the Sweet Home Mine is second to none. Anyone with access to the Mineralogical Record issue devoted to the Sweet Home Mine should read the article, "Geology of the Sweet Home Mine and Alma District [Colorado]", by Dean Misantoni, Miles L. Silberman & Bryan K. Lees, 1998.

Mr. Tonko "quote mined" a paragraph of a report published in 1992 by Mr. Misantoni and another geologist, which based on the report falsely cast his dump in a favorable light. To add additional impact and a false importance to the obvious quote mine, Mr. Tonko then extolled the professional qualifications of Mr. Misantoni in a second post. Dean's post was an attempt to correct the false impression given by Mr. Tonko that the dump on the Tonko #1 Placer was of high grade based in part on the work and reputation of Dean Misantoni. I would have likely reacted in a similar fashion to Mr. Tonko's posts if I were the author of the report.

Denise,

I saw no attempt by Mr. Misantoni to create problems on this forum, nor was his initial reply an ad hominem attack on Mr. Tonko. Dean has a professional opinion that differs from Mr. Tonko. He provided a table that supports his opinion. Mr. Tonko's response was that the analyses provided are outdated and that his sampling efforts have determined the dump to be of higher grade. I wholeheartedly agree with GeoMatt's assessment. If a poster is so thin skinned that expelling a Professional Geologist for providing his professional opinion is deemed appropriate because his research arrived at a different conclusion then, in my opinion, this is not a forum that fosters an open sharing of ideas. That was driven home when that poster stated this, " My family certainly appreciates your concerns for fairness in this community" right after Dean was banned.

And yes, I realize that this is your forum and you have the right to do whatever you deem appropriate. Should you decide that my last three posts necessitate my expulsion too, also, I am fine with that. Before I signed up here, I introduced myself via email and asked Dan if he thought my posting here would be okay. He replied with, "Hi Gene, Thanks for your introduction and checking in advance. Yes we’d be happy to have your future participation in the forums." I told him that I would never solicit my professional services to anyone on this board. I've always tried to maintain a professional and respectful demeanor in my posts. As you are aware I post using my real name without any alphabet soup after it. I have freely shared my 35 years of research on mining law and mineral surveys with the members of this forum. I do ask one thing should you decide to send me to the same place as Dean; I request that you delete my 98 posts. I cannot say it any planer than I prefer that my posts all be deleted should you decide that I am no longer welcome here. Why would my posts hold any value to you if my continued presence does not?

My question to Mr. Tonko is a simple one. If it is true that the tabulated data provided by Dean Misantoni is outdated and your recent sampling program shows higher Au reserves, then why did you ever decide to quote mine the outdated report? It would seem to me that quoting an inaccurate report (your assessment) would be detrimental to convincing prospective buyers to purchase your possessory right the the minerals within the Tonko #1 Placer. That old work by Mr. Misantoni was conducted in the 1980s and published in 1992. The old owner of the London Mine was Ben Wright. He was a mining attorney that invested in many mining properties in Park and Lake counties. He also held a plethora of unpatented mining claims. Nine years ago I conducted some land survey work along the London Fault. A search of the LR2000 system showed numerous claims were abandoned and closed in 1991 and 1992, including the dump within the boundary of the Tonko #1 Placer. That ground remained unclaimed until you staked your 5 claims in 2003. My impression from talking with mine owners in the area is that the ground was abandoned based at least in part on Mr. Misantoni's report.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 12 2018, 09:19 AM
Post #18

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Gene, I stand by what I said. It was obvious that Dean only joined this community to "dump" on Mr. Tonko's post. He was only removed from the forums because he asked to. According to him, he said what he needed to say. This community has always been very respectful of one another and It will remain that way. I have a very low tolerance for trouble makers, even if they are well respected and knowledgeable. This is the way Dan and I wanted it and it is the way it will remain. No, I do not think that your last three posts necessitate your expulsion. Why are you trying to make this about you now? Did I say anything to you or are you just looking for a reaction from me also? I would have reacted the same way if he joined the forums to only jump on one of your posts.

"This is not a forum that fosters an open sharing of ideas." signs019.gif This forum has always thrived off of open sharing ideas and will remain that way. History shows this, just read the threads and one can see.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 12 2018, 10:10 AM
Post #19

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 6,813

Please understand that the report I'm quoting is public information from a state government document that was first published in 2001. Presently, interested parties can download the full version dated 2013 without charge from the Colorado Geological Survey at this link;

Geology and Mineral Resources of Park County, Colorado

On page 31, the newest report clearly states that "proven, probable, and inferred reserves (including dumps on the London Mine Group) total 502,000 short tons of ore ranging from 0.10 to 0.41 opt gold, with a weighted average average of 0.19 opt gold (Johansing and Misantoni, 1992). The old out-of-date information posted was just 1 page from a private source that is now 33 years old, being dated clear back to 1985. Of particular interest in this matter is the minimum grade from the newest report is 0.10 opt. Only one of the 5 dumps in that old report exceed that 0.10 minimum grade published in the Colorado Geological Survey report. The old report's dump with the highest grade was only 8,000 tons with 0.147 oz/ton. The four other dumps on that old page total 390,000 tons with grades between 0.075 and 0.055 oz/ton. Clearly the newer information is much more comprehensive and most importantly, fully available for the public's use.

Here's page 1 of the newest report that describes the data that was compiled. I've placed a yellow highlight on a section to draw attention to the purpose of the document.

Attached Image

I hope that this helps further the understanding of this offering.

Johnny Tonko, President of Tonko Mining Company, Inc.

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 14 2018, 11:03 AM
Post #20

Rock Bar!

Here's the math...

The newest data presented in the Colorado Geological Survey report clearly states that "proven, probable, and inferred reserves (including dumps on the London Mine Group) total 502,000 short tons of ore ranging from 0.10 to 0.41 opt gold, with a weighted average of 0.19 opt gold (Johansing and Misantoni, 1992). When the drill-indicated reserves remaining in the mine (Speilman 1999) are added in to the 33 year old survey data, here is the result;

North London 50,000 tons
West Extension 8,000 tons
East Extension 172,000 tons
Central Extension 133,000 tons
Sorting Plant 35,000 tons
Drill-Indicated 125,000 tons
TOTAL 523,000 tons

When this total is further adjusted downward by the amount of material processed by the Joint Venture and other testing, then the data fits very well against the total of 502,000 short tons published in the newest report from the Colorado Geological Survey.

The data is found on the 2 pages from the newest report posted below.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Taking into account the weighted average stated in the report of 0.19 opt, the math works out to be 32,680 ounces of gold in the East Extension (aka Tonko Stockpile).

If interested in this offering, please contact me directly at;

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
Gene Kooper
post Jan 14 2018, 04:26 PM
Post #21

Shovel Buster!

I didn't realize that two "PG"s could strike so many nerves.

I know that Mr. Tonko is fully aware of this, so I'll leave this bit of information as my last post for those not fully familiar with the rules for association placers. The U.S. mining laws permit a single claimant to claim up to 20 acres as a placer claim. An association of individuals can claim up to 20 acres for each one in the association with a maximum of 160 acres claimed by 8 individuals. Should the association decide to sell their possessory right to the surficial minerals, a single person or corporation can be the buyer. However, the discovery of a locatable mineral must be proved prior to the transfer.

In the past, what constituted a discovery of a locatable mineral was the "prudent man" test. Today, that standard has been replaced with an economic standard. In other words, the deposit must be economic, which also means that it is dependent upon the price of the valuable mineral at the time the discovery is to be proven. In the past, it was more economic to claim placer ground as association placers. The association only had to pay a "single" maintenance fee. Now the BLM charges $155 times each 20 acres in the placer. So for a 160 acre association placer the current maintenance fee is $1240. If the old system had not been changed it would be only $155.

Cheers to all and best of luck with your sale Mr. Tonko.

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 14 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #22

Rock Bar!

Everyone,

I would encourage you to do your own research into this offering and if desired, seek assistance from licensed professional(s) that are qualified in any matter that concerns you. Following any of the legal advice being offered from posters on this thread is at your own risk.

The claim is properly maintained and all fees have been timely paid as required by law. The federal records are attached below.

Attached Image

Attached Image

If interested in this offering, please contact me directly at;

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
GeoMatt
post Jan 17 2018, 09:55 AM
Post #23

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 117,968

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jan 14 2018, 05:09 PM) *
Everyone,

I would encourage you to do your own research into this offering and if desired, seek assistance from licensed professional(s) that are qualified in any matter that concerns you. Following any of the legal advice being offered from posters on this thread is at your own risk.

I'd be more than happy to help anyone interested in these claims with their DD. Heck, I'd probably do it for free.

BA Geology
MS Mining Engineering
PG in Wyoming and Texas
Registered member of SME
QP for NI43-101 and CP for JORC
17 years of global exploration and mining experience
Track history of exploration success and project development

I agree with Mr. Tonko, some of the posters on this board have more experience/knowledge than others. But I'll listen to anyone, because everyone has something to contribute.

+Quote Post
EMac
post Jan 17 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #24

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

Johnny - best of luck in your endeavors sir.

Denise - Can we vote to keep Dean on the island? I understand your offense, but also understand Dean's. Gene makes a good point: IMO, a professional report's author has every right to clarify other's representations of their data or analysis. To acquiesce, knowingly allowing misrepresentations to stand unaddressed could result in a loss of professional reputation.

Perhaps Dean could have been a bit more introductory if for nothing more than I was confused by who this guest_dino was since I was skimming the post until I saw Matt and Gene chiming in. Generally I learn something from their posts.

Does anyone disagree that having esteemed, and professionally accomplished folks like Gene, Matt and Dean contributing is a significant benefit to this community? I'd love to get them out to one of our overnight shindigs so they can see how excited we get about the piddly amounts of values we bust our asses to find; if nothing else than to hear their stories around the campfire at night.

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 18 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #25

Rock Bar!

Everyone expressing an opinion on this FOR SALE offer, especially all the posters that claim some sort of "professional" credentials, please post a full copy of the peer reviewed report that supports your opinion(s). The State of Colorado report I've referenced is easily accessed free of charge as I've stated above.

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME (aka Mr. Tonko)

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
EMac
post Jan 19 2018, 09:50 AM
Post #26

Rock Bar!

Have you tried posting this in ICMJ? I just looked and didn't see this among the many offers for claims, partnerships, investors, etc. Not a single claim in Colorado sadly. Seems that might be a more suitable place to post what you value to be a multi-million dollar claim.

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 19 2018, 10:00 AM
Post #27

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Johnny was told by Dan that he could post his claims for sale here, so I have no problem with him posting it here either.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
EMac
post Jan 19 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #28

Rock Bar!

No doubt; I'm just thinking that when I sold my car, it got posted multiple places. Seems a car is much easier to sell, so my thinking is marketing a mining claim might require posting in multiple locations. I'm sure Johnny has done this frankly, but I didn't see it in ICMJ.

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 21 2018, 12:49 PM
Post #29

Rock Bar!

In addition to the Colorado State report cited above, here's a Federal report from 1990 that has detailed information on the London Vein and mining operations. The report is Gold in the Alma Mining District and it starts on page F 19. It can be read for free at the following link;

Gold In Alma District

ASTROBLEME

Book Cover
Attached Image

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 31 2018, 09:53 AM
Post #30

Rock Bar!

There was an incident in early 2013 that revealed publicly that "valuable ore" existed in piles at the London Mine. Here's a copy of that document;

Attached Image

Attached Image

Please send your questions to me at;

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
12 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:47 AM