ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mind Boggler ('15), And then there's this
NewRockHounder
post Nov 14 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 117,890

After spending a solid day emoticon-misc-004.gif mining at Endless (Friday with my gal Glenda, and CrustmasterMike....., Crusty, (tho he started and/er finished in Mind Boggler)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

and.. er... not finding a damn thing in Endless itself, (moved some over burden... by some, I mean... well... lets just say... "some," is the understatement of the century.) Never found a thing, other than more good signs of things to come. (fingers crossed for Spring)

Saturday's group, which consisted of myself, Nate, and Glenda... We started off in Endless... little to say, moved the 'earth' (as stated before), but didn't find a whole lot. Nate (his first time rock hounding) found a really nice iron coated, feldspar piece. ((While they mine Endless, the Colin... NRH.. (did mine Endless with them, half the day..) will play.. in Mind Boggler, giggle.gif )) After spending one n a half ought hours by meself in Mind Boggler, (found a couple pieces...) I invited the rest down to join me. Not little, there after... Glenda, working Mike's hole... (Crusty's) found some nice pieces. (perhaps one termination, sorry Mike.... music037.gif ) Not long... there after that, I found a nice termination in the area I was working... and not even two minutes after I found mine.. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Nate found his first crystal... smileywaving.gif and what a crystal it is.. (nice termination! extra_happy.gif )
Attached Image

Attached Image

We had a fire to warm the toes.. as we did at Endless on Friday.. Decent amount of snow up there, thank you jeebas, I got the roof on Endless in time, thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Attached Image
Mind Boggler
Attached Image

Attached Image

That's all fer now... I'll be posting the rest of what I found at Mind Boggler here, in due time. Yes.. it's close to Endless, but considering the hole itself, has a different name... misewell make a new post reguarding such.

Colin happy112.gif

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 14 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

"The Claw," is home to the Mind Boggler, not Endless. (so are his friends) ((some pictures may not be the greatest quality, still messing around with my new light system))
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif happy112.gif

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
Auger
post Nov 14 2015, 11:22 PM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 121,789

Wow, nice! you're out there right now? Or just got back?

--------------------
"Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid."

"Most opportunity is right before your eyes, you just haven't yet learned how to see it."

<Annual Member>

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 15 2015, 12:05 AM
Post #4

Rock Bar!

Just got back, went fer Thurs night - today (Sat) er um (11/12/15-11/14/15) Hell of a trip... hopefully ain't the last fer the season happy112.gif happy088.gif

Colin

S to a P.. all depends on, (and hopefully, lack there of) char060.gif

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Nov 15 2015, 08:01 AM
Post #5

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Thanks for the invite! Had a great time with y'all! Definitely some great signs of goodness in the mindboggler, just never hit a pocket. Would be cool to camp out there with y'all and spend some more time in your awesome spot!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Nov 15 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

Mind Boggler eh? I like it. Have you hit pockets there yet or is it still float? Some nice quartz coming outta there. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 15 2015, 05:26 PM
Post #7

Rock Bar!

As I tell everyone/anyone I bring to Mind Boggler - "Take everything you know about prospecting for crystals, and throw it out the window, cause it makes no sense here." No pockets... persay.. some small ones, on top of... yep, you read that correctly, on top of, pegmatite. Even that 35 termination plate was found on top of peg. Seems the further down you go, the less signs you see. Which.. would suggest the pocket is further up the hill... but mind boggled again, as the signs stop where my 3rd hole is (there's a series of holes/levels, 1, 2 or 3.. now tech 4 with Crusty's.. tho it's on level 2.. lol)

Since I found Mind Boggler, with my neighbor... (Aug) it STILL boggles the sh!t outta my mind! wacko.gif blink.gif

Colin

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
nate
post Nov 16 2015, 03:21 PM
Post #8

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 121,949

Thanks again for the invite and letting me dig with you all day long. Im hoping to see some pictures of big things from your next trip. That fluorite was a fun first find! I think my wife is claiming it........so probably not mine for long. Hopefully i can get it made into a necklace. Once i clean it up, there is another kind of cool piece i found. The piece i found right after the fluorite that had a small terminated crystal ended up having another after breaking off some of the peg. Nothing fancy, but i think its a cool looking piece. Neither of the crystals are longer than 3/4" and about that wide. ill try to get a picture up this week.

In regards to endless....a lot of digging for not much on saturday. Had some help and pointers from the other 2 on removing what looked like a terminated smoky sticking out from the pegmatite, but ended up being a big hunk of feldspar. Im hoping to clean up what i took home and post some pics. Nothing great other than the crystal from mind boggler, but want to soak the pieces of smokies and feldspar.

--------------------
Rock: Climb it. Dig it. Build your house upon it.

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 16 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #9

Rock Bar!

Your crystal is just quartz, not fluorite, sorry. happy088.gif

Colin

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 17 2015, 12:34 PM
Post #10

Rock Bar!

emoticon-object-024.gif char060.gif Welp.... I do believe, Crusty and Nate lucked out BIG TIME for their trip to Endless. Call it a hunch.. but I think Rampart/Devil's Head will be closing the gates after this storm.

One hell of a season and/er last trip to Endless/Mind Boggler.

Colin cheers.gif

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 17 2015, 02:02 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 6,983

Mindbogglingly cool lil spot there Colin! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Glenda
post Nov 17 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #12

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 121,560

QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Nov 17 2015, 11:34 AM) *
emoticon-object-024.gif char060.gif Welp.... I do believe, Crusty and Nate lucked out BIG TIME for their trip to Endless. Call it a hunch.. but I think Rampart/Devil's Head will be closing the gates after this storm.

One hell of a season and/er last trip to Endless/Mind Boggler.

Colin cheers.gif

It was a hell of a season for me as well thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ! Winter be damned emoticon-object-024.gif char060.gif !

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 18 2015, 02:15 PM
Post #13

Rock Bar!

Here's some of those pic's I promised in another post... All crystals and crystal pieces were found on different trips, all from Mind Boggler, that were later put back together extra_happy.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Still a lot more crystals (terminations, extra_happy.gif ) to photo dancing_smiley.gif

Colin

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
Glenda
post Nov 19 2015, 09:00 AM
Post #14

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 121,560

Beautiful as always smiley-clapping.gif wub.gif
CP_Member.gif Glenda

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 20 2015, 02:23 PM
Post #15

Rock Bar!

Heading up Sunday (11/22/15) With Glenda, anyone is welcome to join us (might be a bit of emoticon-object-024.gif up there.. smiley-laughing021.gif... especially on Rampart road)

Checked on Thursday (11/19/15) the gate is still open sweet.gif

Supposedly, going to be nice weather. spock.gif

Colin

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:53 PM