ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forgotten Gold?
MikeS
post Oct 1 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 116,265

I spent the weekend looking for gold forgotten by time. I found a few spots where the old timers were working this mountain. I was only able to do a few test pans at each spot yesterday. I tried to run more material today but it snowed up there last night and continued in the morning and ran me off the mountain. I did see some small flakes of gold in each pan but I didn't see the big gold I know is there. I did see big garnets and clear evidence of old workings which tells me the chunky stuff is there somewhere.

First spot has a large man made pond which is fled by a spring which also looks to be altered by man but long ago. I think the pond is or was the hot gold layer and the main working in the past.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

One of the locals show up to the pond.

Attached Image

Attached Image

I camped elsewhere on the mountain where there was wood for a fire. I tried a nearby creek which also looked promising. No big pond but old diggings for sure. Few specks in the pan and good looking garnets.

Attached Image

In the morning the snow pushed me off the top of the mountain and down by the pond which looked like the snow was not going to effect. But for 3 hours I tried to wait it out as wave after wave of snow moved in and started sticking so I cut my losses and came home early. Next spring I am coming back for sure to do more testing. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:56 AM