ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Backcountry Defense
swizz
post Apr 6 2010, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

I plan on doing a lot of solo trips this season and figured it would be a good idea for me to carry. More afraid of accidentally running into a hidden meth lab than hostile animals. It gets kinda lonely out there sometimes and I wouldn't mind a little added security. After doing some research on lightweight, compact, yet powerful weapons in my price range I settled on the Glock 23, .40, 10 round with a tactical leg holster... should be here tomorrow. None the less, I've signed up for a Conceal & Carry class on the 17th and plan on getting my Colorado CCW permit shortly thereafter. The CCW Class emphasizes laws and safety. It also requires 150 rounds, so I'll probably have a sore arm the next day. I will open-carry rather than conceal while prospecting in NF as it is my right and the leg holster allows for quick access while my backpack is on.
Anyone else carry in the backcountry?

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Apr 7 2010, 05:59 AM
Post #2

russau

Member No.: 43

you better beleive i do! .40 Glock model 27 compact , its better tobe safe than sorry! remember those dopers use boobi traps and shot from off trail locations to keep you from their dope factories!always have someone with you and let someone else know where your going tobe!these dopers dont care oneway or the other who they shot or how bad their traps hurt anyone. be safe out there and watch your step and report anything that looks wrong!

+Quote Post
RichDColorado
post Apr 7 2010, 07:40 AM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 6,577

Have always carried when hiking, camping, fishing in the backcountry for years - 2 or 4 legged critters can be a problem. If we're prospecting in some highly traveled area like Clear Creek out of Golden, then have not carried - there are generally enough "normal" folks around. Prefer a .45 custom piece I built several years ago when shooting IPSC matches. I load with 14 rounds 200 gr JHP and 2-3 extra mags. When my family doc tells me I need to lose 20 lbs I just take off the tactical rig -

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:38 PM