ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ice Cold Gold
leonard
post May 29 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 84

Did anyone else catch the final episode on NATGEO of this? They didn't find any gold but they found a ruby deposit where the rock was impregnated with small rubies. They were digging them out with a knife. If it comes on again I'll dvr it and get some pictures. I was impressed!

Leonard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
swizz
post Sep 13 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

Well, it's an incredibly biased and blatantly nonfactual article about the show "Prospectors" (not Ice Cold Gold... which sucks). I can only speculate that the writer's (not thinly veiled) agenda is merely to slant public opinion.
That's a shame. This is actually the best of all those goofy shows. The only outfit I've seen using mechanized equip was the Dorris family and they are a legitimate mine with all POOs and NOIs filed along with reclamation bonds as well, I'm sure. The article does mention that the Dorris' hadn't violated anything but then went on and on with complete nonsense about the smaller miners (whom are also claim owners). Rambling about "permit" BS. I saw nothing they were doing that would require a "permit".

This show is very tame to the environment, especially when compared to any of the Gold or logging shows, by far. That's why I'm surprised to see it getting attacked. These miners haven't even disturbed a single tree in any of the episodes I've seen, hell most of them are above timberline. I have not seen a single episode of Prospectors where any of these miners have used "dynamite" as mentioned in the article either. I don't recall seeing anything more than hand carried tools and brutal hard hand work.
She's really grasping at straws by writing that article. It will certainly tarnish her credibility if she has or had any if anyone is curious enough to watch the show. Those miners work hard and are pretty skilled.
I do see how opinionated people like that try to twist things, but her article was amateur-hour compared to The Sacramento Bee editorials. Those are even more entertaining.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
33 User(s) are reading this topic (33 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:22 AM