ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ice Cold Gold
leonard
post May 29 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 84

Did anyone else catch the final episode on NATGEO of this? They didn't find any gold but they found a ruby deposit where the rock was impregnated with small rubies. They were digging them out with a knife. If it comes on again I'll dvr it and get some pictures. I was impressed!

Leonard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
swizz
post May 29 2013, 10:59 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

Impressive find..... yes, not jaw-dropping though. That's all they found of value during the entire series.
The series was horrible in my opinion with an overload of contrived drama. The idiot from Colorado was the worst, the Brokeback Cowboy brothers run a close second.
So... they had "4 hours" left to prospect in Greenland and they miraculously find those Rubies on the side of a snow-covered rock that they chartered a helicopter to. This doesn't strike you as odd?
Here's how it works: The leader of that group is the Geologist. He had been to Greenland before. I can almost guarantee you that he discovered that rock on a previous visit to Greenland. So... on the last day of the entire expedition he pulls that out of his ass to save a little face for the series. They struck out on every other attempt at "mining" during this series... then: "let's form a team to inspect a snow-covered boulder field I saw on a map for our last day". I don't think this was a poke-and-pray, then get super lucky in the final hours of the whole expedition as they portrayed. Let's get real here. The Geologist knew about that Ruby-laden rock he found on a previous trip to Greenland was his last ace in the hole if they completely failed (which they did). He likely GPS'd it and told the heli pilot to "land here". Yes, in the middle of a fricking foot-deep snow covered boulder field in the middle of nowhere in Greenland. Just a hunch by the Geologist that there's some Rubies very close to where he lands? Yeah, right. He knew that rock was nearby... probably knew he had to get to it before another foot of snow set in too or he'd have been completely screwed and the final episode would have tanked. The producers likely hastened that last trip to save face.
No way those Rubies paid for that entire season they spent there either.... incredibly nice gear for everyone, travel, foods, heli charters, boat charters, gear heli shuttles to very remote drop points etc, etc, etc.... come on now.
That's my take anyway. 2c.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
38 User(s) are reading this topic (38 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:44 AM