ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Just wanted to escape to Colorado for a few minutes...
ChuckD
post Sep 13 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 129,517

I know this is WAY "off topic... but I'm using this forum to escape reality for a few minutes... Been awhile since I've been able to get on here and read about y'all's adventures... My home is about 8 miles from where the "eye" of hurricane Harvey went through. I had minimal damage to my home, but considerable damage to the 72 oak trees on my 3/4 acre plot, and a couple sheds on my property. Also lost refrigerator, washing machine and a couple other "modern conveniences." Yep... 72 big trees on a small piece of property and zero damage to my home. I feel like I won the lottery, compared to the misfortune of so many others. I was without electricity for 11 days, but others lost EVERYTHING. My son lost half of his roof, and what was left of his house got soaked, but he's alright, so I'm alright. Anyhow, just wanted to say "hi" to all of y'all and to let y'all know that at the end of a long hot day of digging out from under the trees down here in south Texas, I really enjoy getting on here and "escaping" to the mountains of Colorado. I hope to meet some of y'all one day! I was hoping to make it up there this year but it's been one thing after another. I can't wait to look into a gold pan and see a speck of gold that wasn't delivered to my house in a bag. Until then, the gold y'all find and write about... well, just know that in my mind I'm right there with you on your adventure, so thanks for sharing! Reading about yalls outings and finds really gives me something to look forward to... Y'all be safe!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:46 AM