ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hurricane Charlie hit Geno
leonard
post Aug 23 2004, 04:52 PM
Post #31

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 84

I, for one, don't want any repayment. Sent to me or anyone else. I know that you would do the same for me if you could. That's all the repayment that I want.

Put anything that you would send or donate to me in a fund that will allow you to come back and visit us next year. That's all I want. Your friendship. One thing though, that is something you freely give. It can't be bought.
Leonard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt Mattson
post Aug 23 2004, 07:07 PM
Post #32

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 31

Friendship shmiendship -- Geno owes us bigtime -- and the next time we're all together I insist he delivers: one of his famous cornmeal fried fish dinners with hushpuppies and coleslaw.

Glad you're back on your feet Gene -- and put me down for a 1/4 bag of those tasty kitty's . . .

Matt

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Aug 23 2004, 10:35 PM
Post #33

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 25

GENO...so glad to hear you are on your feet again and that your shop is open.
While it's nice for you to share with others who have been stricken with this hurricane's
devastation, you are still taking care of a Father, a Son/DIL and 2 grandbabies, lost a wall, plus rebuilding and repairing a Barber Shop air conditioner, too, as I recall.

These are GIFTS, Geno not loans!

Never heard a soul say anything about "loaning you food, money, ropes, tarps, toiletpaper, gasoline"......the only loan I heard tell was Matt's generator, and he doesn't look too worried to me about you giving it back, ok?

Accept the gifts, okay, buddy? And drive around proud as a peacock with that MINER on the hood of your truck. Anybody asks why? Tell'em how we miners, hunters, snowmobilers, and ATV users want to keep the forest and desert cared for by visiting it as often as we can and enjoying OUR land. That should keep you busy in the barbershop fer a spell, yeppers? laugh.gif Don't nick any customers when you get started talking about the forest service or the Greenie's, okay? rolleyes.gif

What goes around, comes around, Geno...and it came around for you this time, k?

NO one expects payback, not a single soul. So continue to be boosted by our prayers, our love, our concern and our "attaboy's, Geno" from near and far.

It simply was your turn, buddy! Now, hush that foolish payback talk!

Megan

+Quote Post
thegeno
post Aug 24 2004, 03:28 AM
Post #34

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 64

MATT!!! LOL you're on! In fact, the State Farm guy came by yesterday and part of what they are covering (surprise) is 5 lb of froglegs and 3 pounds of catfish filets that we lost in the freezer! You can bet that on my next trip up either to Buchanan or SC that I'll be carrying the cooker and all the stuff I need for another great cookout... you of course are expected to be there.

... A couple of notes... when I met with the FEMA guy , during the walk-around, I noticed him glance at my dredge, then my clean up table ... he glanced in the (broken) utility shed window and saw all the pans and recirculating stuff.... he said" I see you're a gold miner... I used to do that up in alaska in '95... oh yeah, he was a cool one....

Megan, Thanks again for everything. and yep, you're right, whenever I working on someone I've learned to keep my mouth shut about the greenies...but I'm more apt to cut myself than the customer... in fact, my scars have scars after 30+ years of cutting hair... I keep forgetting that ya ain't supposed to cut the meat.

Dan and Denise... could you send me a mailing address and a phone number that I can call?...thanks for all you've done.
geno

+Quote Post
thegeno
post Aug 24 2004, 03:31 AM
Post #35

Shovel Buster!

Leonard, you can absolutely count on me coming out again! I fell in love with CO.. Hey, I still want a claim in my name out there! I just gotta have one! You guys are just too much fun to be around and buds like you are tops!
geno

+Quote Post
thegeno
post Aug 24 2004, 04:31 PM
Post #36

Shovel Buster!

OK, I've decide to make good on something... next trip out to COlorado, I'll put on a good ole southern cookin fishfry for all my friends out there....

Dand & Denise, I can't thank you enough for all you've done... thanks and may god bless you ... you'll get an extra helping of cheese grits and my secret recipe hushpuppies

geno

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:53 AM