ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Let Your Voice Be Heard, Voice of wisdom
Denise
post Jan 19 2004, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Where a single voice may be reduced to a whisper in the wind, the voice of the many carries a clear message that can be heard above the roar of the tempest. It is time for us to take an active role in the development of our future in mining and mineral industries. It is time for our voices to be heard.

Independent miners are an endangered species! If we do not stand together now, we will fade away and our prudent mining claims will eventually become government operated fee-digging areas open to the general public.
Mining, agriculture and timbering built this nation. These industries are now being regulated right out of existence by various public land management agencies and private organizations focused on preserving wilderness areas.

When these agencies were created, it was their primary objective to protect the environment from degradation and pollution caused by industrial activity. We can all agree that there must be some regulatory provision to accomplish this goal, and that the wise management of natural resources is in the best interest of the entire public.

But whom do we call on for help when these agencies fail in their obligation to assist us in this responsibility? What can we do if an agency decides to prevent or prohibit our activities for arbitrary and capricious reasons when we know that we have the right to conduct our operations lawfully? What if an agency does not adhere to the regulations it has prescribed for the rest of us to follow? Who will help us?

If we stand alone, no one may ever even hear our cry for help. But if we stand together, we will not be ignored. It is the responsibility of our government to help us, but we must be loud enough to be heard. First, we must call on each other. We must make the time to become involved with those around us who also treasure their right to mine valid claims. We must share our experiences and our knowledge. We must voice our opinions and support each other on important issues that will set a precedent for everyone.

Through awareness, we can gain strength, and our voice will be louder. It is easy for an agency to ignore or misplace a single letter, or to mislead an uneducated person. But if we all write letters, they will not be ignored. If we help each other out, we will not be so naive and confused. Instead of having our questions and concerns trivialized by agency officials, we will begin to see our needs and goals being acknowledged and taken seriously.

It is not our goal to change the law. It is our goal to make sure that the agencies that administer regulatory authority follow their own directives and procedures and treat us fairly and in a manner that is consistent with the objectives of the Mining Laws and land management responsibilities. Together, we can achieve this goal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Mrs.CP   Let Your Voice Be Heard   Jan 19 2004, 10:36 AM
- - Redpaw   Very well said, I have found that alot of differen...   Jan 19 2004, 11:50 AM
- - Mrs.CP   Dan told me he got it from Anita........ ..So she...   Jan 19 2004, 12:01 PM
- - russau   lots of deep thinking going on here!! i ag...   Jan 19 2004, 06:45 PM
- - Mrs.CP   It's Confirmed It was Anita that wrote that....   Jan 20 2004, 10:07 AM
- - Redpaw   very well written and tell her for us will you. ...   Jan 20 2004, 06:54 PM
- - Mrs.CP   They are working on getting connected to the inter...   Feb 3 2004, 02:00 PM
- - Mrs.CP   I just wanterd to bring this back up to the top .   Apr 1 2005, 07:09 AM
- - Redpaw   Still a good read.   Apr 1 2005, 11:26 AM
- - Mrs.CP   Just a reminder how one voice can make a differanc...   May 11 2009, 02:23 PM
|- - rokonrandy   QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ May 11 2009, 02:23 PM) Ju...   May 17 2009, 07:56 AM
|- - russau   info about this is all over the net! the new 4...   May 18 2009, 05:35 AM
- - rokonrandy   Russau this is not real it can not be real turn yo...   Jun 19 2009, 11:10 AM
|- - russau   QUOTE (rokonrandy @ Jun 19 2009, 10:10 AM...   Jun 22 2009, 04:51 AM
|- - rokonrandy   QUOTE (russau @ Jun 22 2009, 04:51 AM) Ra...   Jun 24 2009, 09:37 AM
||- - russau   well in point i have to also agree with you. ibut ...   Jun 25 2009, 06:19 AM
|- - rokonrandy   QUOTE (russau @ Jun 22 2009, 04:51 AM) Ra...   Jun 29 2009, 08:35 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   I don't think we need to be singling anyone ou...   Jun 19 2009, 12:32 PM
- - russau   in referance to randys comment to me, if you look ...   Jun 22 2009, 05:12 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   Sorry Randy but we don't have those transcript...   Jun 25 2009, 11:56 AM
- - russau   well i think the internet is a good starting place...   Jun 30 2009, 05:21 AM
- - Mrs.CP   Just a little bump so all can read what Anita wrot...   Jan 10 2011, 08:26 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:39 AM