ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New member looking meet new people
RyanRoberts
post Sep 11 2016, 11:26 PM
Post #31

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 122,866

QUOTE (CP @ Sep 11 2016, 05:01 PM) *
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Very cool!! Looks like it was an awesome day on the creek!

Yeah, yesterday was really cool! Learned so much and got to pan, sluice, and run my shovel loads through Eric's Gold Cube! Just looking at all the rocks coming out of the river was really cool. I kept about thirty rocks that were just strange and unique on their own that I get to go through once I get a sec ;) And today (Sunday) I drove down to Dave's new claim and got to hang out with him and Mike and a little with James. Also a very awesome time! I could have talked to the twins for hours and hours on end! Can't wait to go look for crystals!! So glad I found CP, I'm beside myself and overwhelmed with how wonderful everyone has been and for the experiences right out of the gate! And to top it off I have two mystery buckets of cons to still go through to see what gold I actually found! So right on, thanks again to everybody who helped me and were so nice and welcoming. Couldn't have asked for anything better!! Keep the invites a flowin' and I'll see ya back out there soon!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Sep 12 2016, 07:59 AM
Post #32

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

Hi Ryan! Sorry I'm late to the party here. Here is a link to the rules and regulations for A-bar. http://www.ci.wheatridge.co.us/1184/Gold-Panning
So, that being said, keep in mind that more people go to A-bar than CC. It's only a quarter mile stretch and you are only allowed to "fish" in the actual river bed. Battery and hand operated equipped only and no digging on the south bank. A few years ago after the flooding folks were pulling out pickers. I haven't personally had much luck there in recent years. But that could be attributed to my lack of skill. If you do go, good luck and I hope for glittering pans! The boys here will definitely steer you in the right direction and openly share their wealth of knowledge! (And there is a proverbial gold mine of it) Much love to them all! (Dan, Eric, Dave, Mikey, Mike and last but never least; Chris aka Minig)
Welcome to the CP family!

+Quote Post
EMac
post Sep 12 2016, 09:17 AM
Post #33

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

That was a great day, and it was awesome to meet you Ryan! Thinking later, we never talked about taking a sluice to Dave's; I hope they had something for you to use while there. Then again, panning practice isn't a bad thing. Personally I was glad I developed confidence at home where my mistakes weren't washed downstream. Now when I go sample somewhere, I have reasonable confidence it's not my panning if I don't see anything.

Did anyone meet the father/son team at the other gravel bar? I intended on going to say hi when they weren't carting equipment or playing in the hole, but they were gone when I looked up last. I know the boy came over and was playing with Zoe for a bit though.

On a separate note, I had another guy give me his card at the gas station after he saw my club sticker on the truck. Said he'd like to go digging sometime...the stickers work!!

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
RyanRoberts
post Sep 12 2016, 04:32 PM
Post #34

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 122,866

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Sep 12 2016, 08:59 AM) *
Hi Ryan! Sorry I'm late to the party here. Here is a link to the rules and regulations for A-bar. http://www.ci.wheatridge.co.us/1184/Gold-Panning
So, that being said, keep in mind that more people go to A-bar than CC. It's only a quarter mile stretch and you are only allowed to "fish" in the actual river bed. Battery and hand operated equipped only and no digging on the south bank. A few years ago after the flooding folks were pulling out pickers. I haven't personally had much luck there in recent years. But that could be attributed to my lack of skill. If you do go, good luck and I hope for glittering pans! The boys here will definitely steer you in the right direction and openly share their wealth of knowledge! (And there is a proverbial gold mine of it) Much love to them all! (Dan, Eric, Dave, Mikey, Mike and last but never least; Chris aka Minig)
Welcome to the CP family!

Thanks for the warm welcome! And for the A-bar info! I know Dave's place was a real hike to get to so i hope it was worth the distance traveled! Tonight I'll be separating my cons from both CC and Dave's claim with Eric. It'll be cool to see what all I captured and the difference in the gold. I will say I definitely did a lot more labor at CC so I wouldn't surprised if I have more from there. I was a bit slow and sore by Sunday and Dave had so much information to share that we mostly just talked shop and from time to time fed the sluice they let me borrow. I'll take some pictures once it's all sorted. Cool, look forward to seeing you out there!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:33 PM