ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Will it work
burrell
post Apr 18 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,369

My nieghbor has a pond that he wants to move some sand out of. My question is will a 4" powerjet push water and sand about 4' higher than water level over a hump to discharge back at water level of pond. Distance at that hieght would be about 10-12' before down hill slope starts. The pump is gx160from northern tool witch i use on my dredge. We thouht that jumping the hump may cause a problem. We have also thought about a soft hose and pvc discharge. Any thoughts on this will be helpful
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Apr 19 2013, 06:10 AM
Post #2

russau

Member No.: 43

i was asked todo the same thing. a person wanted me to clearout some holes in the stream on his property. it seemed that they got silted in. and he wanted the material pumped up onto the bank.i never got around to doing it because i was still working then and couldnt get any dependable help in doing this. but keep your suction hose as short as you can. this will help in less work on the pump and better suction. also if you cant do that,have another pump/venturi setup to run off your discharge hose to help in the evacuation of material from that hose and itll help eliminate plugups in the hoses.PVC pipe will work great for the discharge line to get the waste material away from the site. ive often thought about asking this person again if he would still want me todo this job. its in another state and no money is expected!

+Quote Post
burrell
post Apr 21 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 42,369

Would you put the second power jet at the top of the hump or keep it at water level of pond? Serviced both motor/pumps today both started easy and ran smooth. This will probably a week or more in pumping depending on how many miller brakes with fried mullet. I was a little concerned about the discharge. I did a dive dredge job years ago with air(large volume) up hill and had a few plugs but that was due to being too greedy with the nozzle.

+Quote Post
russau
post Apr 22 2013, 05:19 AM
Post #4

russau

Member No.: 43

yep, id install another to make sure it goes the full distance ,hopefully without plugups!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:33 PM