ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Saguache county targeting off grid living
johnnybravo300
post Jan 30 2020, 11:39 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 120,659

Residents received a letter in the mail about the changes in code and it's some rediculous stuff they want to implement here. Camping limits on remote private property, etc.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out in a county where so many live in remote areas. It also didnt say anything about a grandfather clause that I could find.
I assumed this would happen someday but i didnt think it would be this soon. They are really ramping up this agenda 21/2030 stuff now.
They are basically giving the residents the choice to comply or be charged by the county.

Denise, have you guys had any issues where you are? Arent you in costilla county?

They seem to think they are our overlords instead of public servants. I'm curious to hear the sheriffs stance on this and if he would comply or not.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 30 2020, 12:42 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Sorry to hear they are giving you problems in that area! I started a post about them trying to bully us off our property.
Some good info in that link.
"Cease and desist living?...property owners warning"

They were not able to as Dan went to all court dates scheduled (5 of them), just to have them delay saying they needed more time. When he was able to finally get into the court, they dismissed it without precedence within the first 5 minutes. It did show that we were grandfathered in for using a camp trailer as part of the home though. We were more than ready to show that we have the right to use an outhouse on our property also.

Still here.......Without paying $50.00 a day and still using our outhouse. The only one that it hurts by us using the outhouse is us, when the temps are so low when we have to use it. giggle.gif emoticon-object-024.gif

We haven't had the bullies on our property since. happy112.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Jan 30 2020, 02:53 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 120,659

Yes I remember you guys dealing with that back then. We also have an outhouse so I kept up on your case.
Weve been in saguache county about 10 years now, finally bought some property a couple years ago.
We are still doing the "off grid tiny home" thing same as always so I figured I'd share this haha.

It's not something I'm too worried about, I'm not going anywhere and I'm not asking permission to use my own land.

If I build something or need permits I will deal with that later. For now we mostly have tons of tree work to do and a chicken coop to move but not until spring, nothing of the counties concern.
We also will get our well drilled this summer. That will be a game changer!

This lifestyle makes the most sense for me for different reasons but mostly the financial freedom and the outdoor living space.
At my age I have no desire to pay a mortgage for the next 30 years until im 80 years old!
Buying this raw land was much cheaper and I was able to pay off 1/3 of my mortgage in 2019. Two more years and I'm done with payments and that's what I wanted.
At this age I need to save everything I can for retirement, IF I ever get to haha.

I've spent too many of my young years stressing over bills and money and I dont miss that anymore.
This is the fifth mortgage I've had and I'm done after this one!

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:25 PM