ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Not Ready To Make Nice, Dixie Chicks
Denise
post Jun 17 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Here is a great song by the Dixie Chicks...... happy.gif

Not Ready To Make Nice (music video)

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sgaolson
post Jun 17 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

Sorry, as they have the right to express their views regarding this nation's national security interest, I reserve the right NOT to listen to theur music

--------------------
"Nobody get's in to see the Wizard, not nobody not no how."

+Quote Post
Evil Ernie
post Jun 18 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 184

I'm with you SG, I hate it when the media thinks it can dictate policy. Has anyone seen Team America World Police? They do a great spoof on hollywood types forcing their own twisted policy on the public. Great movie but not for the easily offended.

"AMERICA!!! F*** YEAH!!!" LMAO I love it... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Evil Ernie
www.myspace.com/evilernie69
www.youtube.com/evilernie1969

+Quote Post
russau
post Jun 18 2006, 05:16 AM
Post #4

russau

Member No.: 43

although these young ladys did make good music together, i also refuse to have anything todo with any celebraty/person/business/legislator that uses their money/position to force their veiws on us! they have their right to beleive what they think is right,but not to force feed us into beleiving what they think!

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 18 2006, 05:27 AM
Post #5

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

For once I agree with you guys. You call them "Dixie Chics". I got a few names I feel they deserve instead! I've wrote them and told them how I feel about them. Great bodies, crappy personalities, and their singing is one step blow that of an orangatang in heat.

Never heard back.
huh.gif

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
cornwall84
post Jun 19 2006, 06:49 AM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 36

Well not knowing anything about the controvosy of what these young ladies have said . i must admit i listened too and enjoyed the music.

Thank you denise biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MickMang
post Jun 19 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #7

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 345

I have to say I'm with Evil Ernie on that one, "M A T T D A M O N"

--------------------
If black sand was worth anything, I'd be a rich man

+Quote Post
cornwall84
post Jun 19 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #8

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 36

Well being intrigued by the strong feelings by some members against these young ladies i went on the net and looked them up and saw that at the controvesy started here in the uk when they were playing a gig in london on the 10th of march 10 days before the invasion of iraq ,where they said to the audience" Just so you know, we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas. london at that time was very anti war with demonstrations going on and although i was for it my wife and youngest daughter were both strongly against the war ,luckily we live in a democratic society where you can have and express different views , on March 14 only 4 days later she issued an apology: "As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I feel that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect. We are currently in Europe and witnessing a huge anti-American sentiment as a result of the perceived rush to war. While war may remain a viable option, as a mother, I just want to see every possible alternative exhausted before children and American soldiers' lives are lost. I love my country. I am a proud American." i believe once again that the press has blown this out of proportion as they often do. This is a great song by them sung after the outrages on september the 11th and i hope that you can all put aside your prejudices and listen to it

http://www.dixie-chicks.com/zip/chicksanthem.swf

+Quote Post
Evil Ernie
post Jun 19 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #9

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 184

Nah, F'em....LMAO!!!!

Right on Mick!!!! "Bad, Bad Intelligence...."

--------------------
Evil Ernie
www.myspace.com/evilernie69
www.youtube.com/evilernie1969

+Quote Post
MickMang
post Jun 19 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #10

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 345

yeah EE i didnt realize until i posted that , that if you havent seen team america, you have no idea what the "MATT DAMON" joke is all about LOL. My only proclivity pertaining to the Dixie Chicklets is that after her public apology , time and time again she opens her mouth and removes all doubt from our minds, that yes in america, you can go far and still be braindead... HEEHEE to quote forrest gump "That's all i got to say bout that" .

--------------------
If black sand was worth anything, I'd be a rich man

+Quote Post
sgaolson
post Jun 19 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #11

Rock Bar!

Corny, thanks for your input and I understand your point, it's just there is a lot more to the story than that. Natalie's lastest just happened today when she stated she couldn't understand why people were so concerned about patriotism. She didn't think we really need it and that it's all blown out of porpotion. I am paraphasing here but that is about it......

--------------------

+Quote Post
sgaolson
post Jun 19 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #12

Rock Bar!

Oh! I forgot to add, the title of this song, Not Ready To Make Nice, is about why she doesn't think she really had to apologize for anything. That was on a 60 Minutes interview a few week ago

--------------------

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 20 2006, 06:42 AM
Post #13

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

All righty then...........my turn.

First off, I'd like you all to look at who started this thread.......If you think she started it as a political statement.....THINK AGAIN!

Now, the posts started off ok by aknowledging others choices and then quickly turned into personal attacks on the Dixie chicks.
Did they (or one of them) make comments unfriendly to the president? Yep I guess she/they did......so what.
I know I personally have said things about this president and others .......my right to do so and by the way......I can't remember the last president I didn't bash or poke fun at.
What person hasn't poked fun at a president? Doubt if anyone can answer "I haven't" to that, honestly.

The real clulprit in this situation has been mentioned but no one directed any of the anger/passion their way.......THE MEDIA/PRESS!

We as a whole in America seem to feel the need to focus upon the negative and the media/press tries very hard to propetuate that motion.
There is a beautiful invention called the clicker.....CHANGE THE CHANNEL!
Stop watching the media say "it's the worst" or "The biggest " or "The most"......
Day after day after day it's the same thing.........well if yesterday was the biggest, most, and the worst then how can it get even worse each day?
Because the media thinks you will tune in if they say that.......SO STOP TUNING IN!

Do any of you really think 1 musician and a paragraph of words could take down our top office in this country? Or sway the public on their own opinions?
I think that is a stretch.....IMHO

One of the worst things I remember about this deal is when I heard the media put on a confused veteran......the veteran said "I didn't go to war to defend our rights and our country so they could do that" UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OOOOOPS?
And the media tried to get us to eat it up........I turned off the radio!
Sad that a veteran who served his country proudly doesn't understand what he was finghting for.
He in fact fought for that right, for EVERY AMERICAN CITIZEN to have an opinion and the right to voice it!!! No matter what their income level or location.

I'm a vet and what I lined up to fight for was EVERYONES RIGHTS AND FREEDOM......NOT JUST MINE!
Even if I don't agree with someones actions....ie flag burning, abortion, religion or what ever.....I WILL STAND NEXT TO THEM AND DEFEND THEIR RIGHT TO DO/SAY SO!
How can we not and call ourselves patriotic americans?
I would not partake and would probably voice my opinion of disagreement with their activities all day long....but I would stand up for their right!

Many many many citizens are missing this fact and I believe it's the media shoving it down your throat......Turn that dang TV off for a few months....you don't need the stress and anxiety of all that negetive feedback.
This thread demonstrates that we as americans are very passionate....but we can all focus it on something more positive and constructive I think.

Here is a thought.....
Do you think the media would ask Natalie for another interview if no one watches the next one? HMMMMMMMM

I'm prolly gonna catch h*ll for this post but bring it on.... laugh.gif
I am just trying to bring up some "alternate" points.

The old saying "divide and conquer" is a very useful tatic..........think about it!
If the citizens are busy bickerin amongst themselves....who's watching the head CLOWNS? tongue.gif

Alan...Thank you for your input and the vid cool.gif I liked it!

Happy day!
CP
biggrin.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
sgaolson
post Jun 20 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #14

Rock Bar!

Dan, you know I love Denise to death and wouldn't do or say anything to hurt her. I agree with you 100% with regards to turning the dial. There was discussion on a local radio station here how the Chick's shouldn't be punished for their right to free speach and, how radio stations should be playing their music regardless.
All I'm saying is I agree, they have the right to say and do anything they want within the law.
I also have the right to disagree with the method and delivery of their message. And in this disagreement I also reserve the right to advise my local radio station that when they play Chick's music I will turn turn my radio off. Now, if that station feels that because of my turning off the radio that they would lose advertising dollars, then they have the right not to play the Chick's music if it will indeed cause them harm.
Now, for what they said. Your right, every American has the right to lampoon any holder of public office. America is has reached a point in our history where most of the rest of the world, with a few exceptions, hates us. When Americans go overseas and tells them how bad our government is and says it with malice. it only makes it worse. I am not saying they need to stifle their beliefs, but let's leave our dirty laundry at home. I find it very hard to believe that anyone that lives in this country would trade it to live in Somalia? or how about Iran?
Are we perfect? No! Do we have it pretty darn good? You bet! Can we make it better? I sure hope so.
My discussion is not directed towards anyone on this forum, please do not take offense at anything I have said. It's just me blowing steam.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 20 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #15

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

Thank you Garry and none taken buddy.
Please don't take any offense from my post's either....I just didn't like the direction of the thread and thought we were missing a great learning opportunity here.

You are absolutely right.....wouldn't want to live anywhere else but the good ol' US of A!
My hat's off to you for standing up!
I bet part of Natalie wishes she hadn't said what she did....but now years later after sorting through all the doubt this must have caused in her own mind....she stood up as well.....My hats off to her too.

From what I've read, she had no plan to say anything like that, but after arriving in London and experiencing the heavy anti-war sentiments there....she did.
Rat's on that one.
I would tend to agree...leave the dirty laundry at home.
But I don't think Natalie and her manager discussed how to best undermine the US gov on the trip over for the show. Unless I missed something in a report.....cause we turned our propaganda box off several years back....LOL

Personally.....I would tell the network media (tv or radio) that if they persist in propetuating such nonsense that I would turn off that channel/network for at least 30 days......and again everytime it happened. Maybe they would report/focus on something else.....and hopefully something more constructive.

Have a great night y'all and Thanks for being who you are.....OUTSTANDING AMERICANS! cool.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:54 PM