ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Does "Gold Separator" work?
gold_tutor
post Aug 25 2004, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Can't figure this out. The base where waterhose intake attaches, unscrews from the rest of the black holder that the clear tube is attached.

I don't think the small tube wadded up in it does anything at all. In fact, when it arrived the wadded up tube looked like it had oil in it and was just stuck in because the estate sale people thought they belonged together. I can't find a place to attach any tubing, so that doesn't help. And all prospectors know oil and gold don't mix, or bye-bye fine gold.

Will take more pictures of it disassembled from the bottom half black base if that helps anyone figure this out for me.

Thanks for all input or suggestions as to manufacturer or how to use or if something is missing beside the gold laugh.gif

Oh, and the label says: Clovis California and a Phone number. I've called and called and only get voice mail. Have left messages asking for whoever answers to call collect, but that hasn't happened either.

Thanks for looking.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Aug 25 2004, 04:42 PM
Post #2

russau

Member No.: 43

megan, i always yell and cuse it and if that dont work i kick it across the room. this usually helps something, but i havent figured that one out yet! untill then i just keep muttering to myself!

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Aug 25 2004, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Thanks, Russau...you're a big help laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Tell ya what...I'll send you this'un and then you can cuss at two for the price o'one?
Sound like a deal?

huh.gif

+Quote Post
russau
post Aug 26 2004, 04:28 AM
Post #4

russau

ok but it needs to be full of that good oregon gold cons to make it work correctly! haha.....wally in michigan (wallyMI)(the gate crasher) had some thing simalar to this. and he liked it.you might want to converse with him about the operating principles. i think you could find him on the DEF web site or over at tom ashworths site.

+Quote Post
Gat-Wa.
post Aug 26 2004, 02:05 PM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 8

Cool megan thats a heavy metal seperator ive used them tested them and yes ive cussed then too :) well thay have a draw back being thay have a very fine fliter in the bottom you must use fresh clean water from a house wel. If not then its already plugged up and will not work properly. Ok its a teatuss thing to find the right pressure but it can be dun I have some pics of it working corectly some were I think, ill check and see if i can find them. Anyways one thing for sure it needs to be in a tub of some kind so you dont lose any thing. Oh and level also. Ok add some cons screaned down too the size of a window screan size or less the finer the better.Start the water flowe at 0 then slowly increase soon as you see the black sand lift up off the bottom hold the water pressure there 1/8 " too 1/4" then just set back for a wile and watch it seperate the defrent wights,You will see like 3 or 4 levels of cons gold at the bottom watch the bottom level for gold lifting then when you think your tired of watching it lol use the sucktion tube to suck off the top two layers then very and i mean very carefuly suck the last black layer watching for gold lifting. Ok good luck with it if you need more help with it let me know and no i dont want to buy it rolleyes.gif as i have had one grin .
Gat.
Ps. Dont get me wrong thay do work its just very time consuming is all.

+Quote Post
russau
post Aug 26 2004, 06:37 PM
Post #6

russau

as gat described, it is a form of fluid bed consintrator, this is a simplified version of whats hanging off the rear of my over/under sluice. as youincrease the water column in this system it raises the lighter materials and drops the heavies. specific gravity in action through the use of a water column. and as gat says screening is very important in this proccess to utilize the specific gravity. my fluid bed is 20 inchs wide x 16 inchs long and 9 inchs deep. it is feed from the lower section of my over/under dredge. and it is screened to 1/4 inch then it stratifys on a 4 foot slick plate and it enters my fluid bed through a 1/4 inch slit that goes across may slick plate. at this point the cons are further screened from the action of the stratification of the slick plate. then these cons drop into my fluid bed and are further straified by the action of the water column in the bed. and the lights exit the bed through a 1/4 slit at the rear of the f.b. that is assissted by the exit water that comes from the over sluice and it creats a additional suction action from its water moving over my exit slit at the rear of the f.b. setting up the water column as gat says is touchy. to much pressure will blow out the fines. to little will slug the unit, and itll load up quick!!! its all so clear now that you put it that way! i run my f.b. with about 1/2 inch of water column. to figure what your water column is: it is the height of the water from that plastic line above your water level in the bed, or in this case in the tube. id use a recirculating system to make it work and have some sufactant in the water to keep your fines from floating out. i hope this helped you and i hope im on the right track and didnt misslead you or confuse you!

+Quote Post
russau
post Aug 26 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #7

russau

blame it on zooka! he got me interested in fluid beds with his kitty box fluid bed. he has pics over on goldminers on yahoogroups! once you understand the principals of the f.b. you can amke what you want!

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Sep 7 2004, 11:21 AM
Post #8

Rock Bar!

Thx, Guys! "Gat-Wa" came through: 5 COOL Pix of this working! THX, GAT!
P.S. Gatster....TAIN'T fer Sale :P
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Sep 7 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #9

Rock Bar!

Wonder if this will work on separating out the tiny garnets I have buckets of mixed in with mah gold????
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Sep 7 2004, 11:26 AM
Post #10

Rock Bar!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Sep 7 2004, 11:27 AM
Post #11

Rock Bar!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Sep 7 2004, 11:37 AM
Post #12

Rock Bar!

Look at that sweet gold emerge there on the bottom in this enlargement! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I think I can handle the pannin' from here, Gat :)
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
russau
post Sep 8 2004, 10:09 AM
Post #13

russau

looks like a super neat little tool!

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Sep 11 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #14

Rock Bar!

Thanks, Russ. I'm looking forward to trying it out one of these days soon, now that Gat has given us all How-2 Lessons.

Finally 'membered to unscrew the base & take a few more pix of it. Here's #6
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Sep 11 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #15

Rock Bar!

Shown upside down, this perforated, hard-nylon perf filtration screws into the gasketed base shown above. Once assembled, there is really no reason to disassemble unless clogging occurs--as warned by Gat-Wa. Thx again, Gat! :)
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:28 PM