ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Found a diamond ring doing my TH'ing thang this wk, nope, doesn't fit...YET!!!!!!!!
gold_tutor
post Jan 18 2004, 10:55 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

bought it sight unseen from a liquidation center on line,
seller didn't know if the stone was a genuine diamond,
nor did I...until I received it in the mail.
Also, I had NO idea know how big the stone was from the liquidators photo..IT'S HUGE!!!

***paid very little for it,
*****used my homemade diamond tester on it ( I sell them to other MD/THers for $40 including S&H&I--very lo-tech and never gets fooled by CZs or moissanites synthetic stones)...

AYUP, it IS A GENUINE DIAMOND.

***I louped it...very very clear at standard 10X.
*****Color--very white...maybe a F or G I'm guessing...

And the top of the stone measures about 65pts, even tho' it is what they call a fancy cut (the poor pix I initially saw in the liquidator's ad made it look like it was a "round, American brilliant cut"... but it wasn't) YAY---it's a fancy TRILLION cut, so that was ANOTHER sooooooprise!!! YAY!

What am I going to do with it?
Well, it obviously doesn't fit... laugh.gif

Seriously....
1) I'm going to have it appraised by a gem lab,
2) get papers on it, and then
3) capitalize on my good fortune by reselling it for many times my original paltry investment....
oh, yes, and
4) grin all the way to the next one... you see, I have that liquidator bookmarked--OH YEAH!!!

Here's hoping lightening strikes twice, thrice....more...yes?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is NOT my first "Thrift Store Prospector" diamond find (I'll put up a pix of that 1/3 carat cutie I paid $5 for at a Goodwill in Salem Oregon a few years back... I'll put that image up later)....

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT, it is definitely my FIRST T.S.P diamond ring (14K custom mounting with an onyx band accent you see there, to the left of the stone.)

GOOD LUCK out there...whether citified prospecting like I do, or digging in the dirt like some of you lucky folks do...
have a GREAT 2004 everyone!!!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Jan 22 2004, 06:53 PM
Post #2

russau

Member No.: 43

megan, can you post or email me info on your diamond tester. i thought you sent it to me before, but i cant find it! russau@yahoo.com

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Jan 23 2004, 05:42 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 25

Hi, Russ,
Thanks for the inquiry. ebayuser id: megansmagicwandfindsdiamonds Megan's Lo-Tech Affordable Diamond Tester For MD'ers & TH'ers!!!

With required insurance, $40.30 total. Works on loose or mounted stones, raw or cut. So if you think you got one trapped in your gold pan, whip this out, okay? Practice stones are included with it, plus a single page color illustrated instruction sheet.

It's the "old but still perfectly good technology"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:45 AM