ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Location Certificates, Claim Jumper
Gold Hill Miner
post Sep 16 2015, 08:28 AM
Post #31

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,279

QUOTE (Gene Kooper @ Sep 15 2015, 03:38 PM) *
Given the information that you have provided in this thread, I was able to figure out the claim name and mineral survey number for the claim with the shaft. Since you already have issues with a trespasser, I won't discuss them here. Your plat is available on the GLO Records web site and a color scan can be downloaded at no charge. I also have a copy of the field notes. If you do not have the original location certificate, the field notes include a certified copy of the amended location certificate, which lists the Boulder County Book and Page for the 1895 original location certificate. There is a nominal fee for the Boulder County Clerk and Recorder's office to make the copy.

I would be happy to assist you with additional research to correct the problem. One option to "fix" your problem is to request the BLM look at the merits of conducting a corrective dependent resurvey of their 2003 dependent resurvey. There are known issues with mineral surveys done at the time your survey was conducted. In 2003, the BLM was not aware of these issues. They are aware of them now.

One last thing....From reading your posts you have hired a surveyor for this project. It is not my intent for you to pay two surveyors. Any assistance I may provide you and/or your surveyor will be as a professional courtesy.

Please feel free to contact me at (303) 989-5424 or cekooper@gmail.com. Any provided information will be held in strict confidence.

--------------------
Warm Regards,
GHM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gold Hill Miner
post Sep 16 2015, 08:34 AM
Post #32

Diggin' In!

Thank you! I will call in the next few days. I have everything. Plats, exact measurements and more ariels. I have physically learned to read the monuments and have measure a whole mountainside. Almost every claim has been pinned 75-100' feet down the mountain. We have proof of the trespasser bulldozing markers. That will be BLM's problem. I also have a center line pin survey for the road ass.

--------------------
Warm Regards,
GHM

+Quote Post
Gold Hill Miner
post Sep 28 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #33

Diggin' In!

I now realize my claim jumper has adjusted one corner of his claim 75' to the claim centerline monument. Claiming a lost corner. After reviewing the BLM Meets and Bounds/ Cadastral Survey in question at least 100 times, I counted all the recorded no evidence of corner monuments, intersecting lines not monumented, loose corners, moved corners and no mark mining claim corners. This survey included 60 mining claims. 1 CORNER HAD NO MARK, 4 WERE FOUND WITHIN 10', 55 WERE LOOSE OR BROKEN IN PIECES, 40 CORNERS NO EVIDENCE OF ANY MONUMENT AND 202 CLAIM LINE INTERSECTIONS NOT MONUMENTED.
On one of my parcels comprised of parts of three mining claims, I have located all my original corner monuments and intersecting line monuments. 2 corners and 14 intersecting lines. Every original stone was broken but the bases still in tact in the ground. Since I am followed, most have been covered by down trees or have sustained further damage. No problem anymore. I do have them on film with GPS coordinates.
On a good note, I traversed the mountain with a surveyor recently that finally sees, that BLM pinned a claim associated with my property 150' in the wrong direction. With no shaft, no tunnels at all on it. i thought he was going to get sick over it. I believe someone trying to avoid buying his trespass issues caused BLM to make this mistake. I am expecting a plat matching the original location certificate, mineral survey and patten package from Washington. Another plat showing BLM's new location.
This week I learned older bearing trees that have multiple #s are for intersections. I also believe there can be #s along watermarks on disturbed monuments that are lying on the ground.

--------------------
Warm Regards,
GHM

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Sep 29 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #34

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

I'm glad to hear you're getting it all figured out. Keep us posted!

+Quote Post
Gold Hill Miner
post Nov 21 2016, 01:14 PM
Post #35

Diggin' In!

I want to extend a huge thank you to Gene Kooper! Your guidance has been invaluable. i did send a personal message, please let me know if you did not get it. Also please feel free to post it.

I have without a doubt proved there has been a major mistake in my section, township & community with a cadastral survey. The BLM and whatever subcontractors worked on this survey, were duped. Someone definitely tampered with the survey process as it was happening. They rotated their claim 75' leaving control points in tact at the other end of their claim

During my 5 years of trying to correct this issue, I found it very difficult to explain to my surveyors that I needed an updated Location Certificate and plat, for BLM to see, they pinned a mining claim in the wrong place. I found they were always looking at obliterated monuments, tunnels and shafts at the correct former location. With Gene Kooper's advise that a certain claim was key, I crawled on my hands and knees around the shafts and tunnels of the new BLM position of the claim in question. I was able to find the original markers, tunnels and cabin sites that belonged to 3-4 other claims. I am able to show the claim I own part of, now overlaps different claims then it should. Connecting plats and Gene's key advise is what did it. By requesting a location verification, I assumed my surveyors would plat every every shaft, tunnel, gulch & corner at the new location. I had to go find it all myself. No more stalling. Now I have had to put 24hr surveillance at the site, because almost every monument I have recovered for 5 years, was covered by down trees or intentionally obliterated.

I believe there are many conflicts of interest with the county, surveyors, trail building plans, acquisitions & a failure of follow-up on this cadastral survey by BLM. I would like to know if there were subcontractors other than BLM that set the new monuments and who was supposed to follow up on the accuracy of placement.

For anyone out there dealing with a claim jumper; remember a claim jumper can not move the shafts and tunnels. They are recorded and easy to find if you know what you are looking for. Even unpatented claims in the area are full of information.

It was recorded in this BLM cadastral survey, 60 claim corners not monumented, 202 claim intersections not monumented and then how they were recreated. If the claim jumpers claim is restored to its accurate position, almost all 60 claim corner and intersection monuments will be found. Some are obliterated and some have trees over them.

Hopefully I will finally have my plat in hand shortly, get reimbursed for 5 years of hard work, get all my claims back in place and get my driveway back! I am hopeful for a peaceful resolution, without a lengthy court battle.

Thank You Gene Kooper,
Gold Hill Miner

--------------------
Warm Regards,
GHM

+Quote Post
Gold Hill Miner
post Nov 30 2016, 12:00 PM
Post #36

Diggin' In!

[quote name='Gold Hill Miner' date='Nov 21 2016, 12:14 PM' post='44643']
I want to extend a huge thank you to Gene Kooper! Your guidance has been invaluable. i did send a personal message, please let me know if you did not get it. Also please feel free to post it.

I have without a doubt proved there has been a major mistake in my section, township & community with a cadastral survey. The BLM and whatever subcontractors worked on this survey, were duped. Someone definitely tampered with the survey process as it was happening. They rotated their claim 75' leaving control points in tact at the other end of their claim

During my 5 years of trying to correct this issue, I found it very difficult to explain to my surveyors that I needed an updated Location Certificate and plat, for BLM to see, they pinned a mining claim in the wrong place. I found they were always looking at obliterated monuments, tunnels and shafts at the correct former location. With Gene Kooper's advise that a certain claim was key, I crawled on my hands and knees around the shafts and tunnels of the new BLM position of the claim in question. I was able to find the original markers, tunnels and cabin sites that belonged to 3-4 other claims. I am able to show the claim I own part of, now overlaps different claims then it should. Connecting plats and Gene's key advise is what did it. By requesting a location verification, I assumed my surveyors would plat every every shaft, tunnel, gulch & corner at the new location. I had to go find it all myself. No more stalling. Now I have had to put 24hr surveillance at the site, because almost every monument I have recovered for 5 years, was covered by down trees or intentionally obliterated.

I believe there are many conflicts of interest with the county, surveyors, trail building plans, acquisitions & a failure of follow-up on this cadastral survey by BLM. I would like to know if there were subcontractors other than BLM that set the new monuments and who was supposed to follow up on the accuracy of placement.

For anyone out there dealing with a claim jumper; remember a claim jumper can not move the shafts and tunnels. They are recorded and easy to find if you know what you are looking for. Even unpatented claims in the area are full of information.

It was recorded in this BLM cadastral survey, 60 claim corners not monumented, 202 claim intersections not monumented and then how they were recreated. If the claim jumpers claim is restored to its accurate position, almost all 60 claim corner and intersection monuments will be found. Some are obliterated and some have trees over them.

Hopefully I will finally have my plat in hand shortly, get reimbursed for 5 years of hard work, get all my claims back in place and get my driveway back! I am hopeful for a peaceful resolution, without a lengthy court battle.

Thank You Gene Kooper,
Gold Hill Miner
[/quote

How long should it take a surveyor to plat one 1500'x150' claim, showing the 4 corners, tunnels, shafts and monuments inside?

--------------------
Warm Regards,
GHM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:20 AM