ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sources of PayDirt 4 Cabin Fevered Prospectors!, Have a good experience? Share here!
gold_tutor
post Dec 20 2003, 11:36 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Hi, guys/gals.

It's winter time, and some cases of raging cabin fever among prospectors have been reported. Since CDC (Centers for Disease Control) don't track this serious malady,
I thought I'd start a thread on CPC (Colorado Prospectors.Com<grin>) to see if there are some good experiences out there.

I'm sure any outfitter carries salted concentrates. Can't go through a show without stumbling over an assortment of bags promising wealth and relief from winter boredom.

Me? I have my own twist on the salted bag deal I sell my GPAA show customers... I'll tell you about it in the next post.

I've ordered my "one-time only, sample sack of Felix's paydirt," and yes, there was a flake in there. I poured it all out right there on the postmaster's customer window out here in the "sticks" and spotted it right away. Not bad for free!!! laugh.gif

And I know some clubs use Felix's Pay Dirt as raffle items for fund raising at monthly meetings. They are always popular!!!

Okay, next post, I'll tell you what I "salt" my tempting show baggies with...you'll be suprised, I promise!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ME CO
post Dec 20 2003, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7

Do tell. The suspense is killing me- bored on a Saturday. Mark

--------------------
Sunshine Dredge Co.

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Dec 20 2003, 11:59 AM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

My GPAA show baggies are a combination of raw crushed ore from my own Eastern Oregon mine--complete with whatever native gold is already there--
to which I've ADDED:
*salted gold --both fines and a flake or two big enough to see--,
**an honest to goodness piece of raw silver,
***a single pure silver crystal--lab grown--ayup, did it mahself,
****a small piece of honest-to-god PLATINUM--(ever seen one of those in your pan?)
*****and 2 or 3 samples of citified gold like I find from my treks through thrift stores/flea markets.

If you want a deluxe panning experience,
for $12 more, I include a
small actual gold specimen still attached to its raw quartz, which will make your detector sing out and make you smile,
PLUS
a small piece of 1 mile deep drill core from the historic Homestake gold mine in the Dakota's USA, loaded with no-see-um gold,
PLUS
a small color pix-wallet sized & laminated card, showing you what's what, so there is NO mistaking what mineral is what in YOUR gold pan. That way you have your "panner's pocket guide to refer to out in the field all on this card."

Why do I do this? Simple.

After all these years of exhibiting at GPAA shows, I've learned guys and gals not only want to have some success panning, winter or summer, BUT....
they want to learn something in the process. <---breaks up the monotony of always finding gold, ya'know...

You see, one of the biggest questions I get is about "what is this that I've found in my goldpan...am I throwing something valuable away?" Each area of the nation/world is different, and there is no "teacher/coach/tutor" hanging around, looking over your shoulder with expert advice.

With this variety of stuff showing up in your wet gold pan, you will learn not only how to identify the wet values, (yes, stuff looks different "wet" than "dry"!!!)
BUT...you'll see how the different weights of items behave in your goldpan.

Each metal behaves differently in a wet goldpan, trust me.

I call my baggies: "TUTOR's TAILINGS", because I try to not just relieve the boredom as you pan in the kitchen sink ( you ARE using your wife's dishpan, right guys?<grin>) during the winter, but because I ALSO believe y'all want want to learn something about what you are finding out in there in your stream, sluice box, spiral panner, etc...you know,...when you get down to the good stuff in your black sands.

If any one is interested, email me.

But be SURE and ask Dan and Denise what they have for sale in Colorado paydirt first, okay? Fair's fair!!!

Let's hear about more paydirt, like from YOUR area.

VVV Pix of absolutely pure silver in its crystaline form...just in case you get into some ruby silver in YOUR pan/sluicebox...
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 20 2003, 02:42 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I think thats a great idea gold_tutor. :)
I would love to hear about other places that sell pay dirt. Its interesting to see the different shades of gold from all over, and the extra Tid Bits ;) that linger in the dirt with the gold.

I was thinking you should put your "TUTOR's TAILINGS" in the for sale and wanted......It seems to cover both! :P
And don't forget to add a pic.....I love to see those pictures!

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Dec 25 2003, 04:12 PM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

Thank you, Mrs CP...I think I'll do just that! Nice of you to suggest it.

I got so excited thinking about Felix's PayDirt, I ordered me 3 sacks of it<grin>

I'm going to shake up the dead and dying prospectors in the Eastern Oregon Mining Association Meeting the First Friday in January. I'm taking 2 of the 3 sacks to the meeting, PLUS a dishpan and a gold pan.

During the boring part of the meeting, I'm going to have someone stand there and pan the gold in one sack, with the other sack just a sittin' there...and then offer BOTH for sale, the before one (the one unopened) and the after one...the one with the contents there for all to see. High bidder gets choice, runner up get's "the other'un"

Let's see if that doesn't improve attendance a mite in February 04!!! If it raises money like I think it's going to, then I'll have to do it every month, probably!!!<g>

Yes, I'll put up a pix just as soon as I can. In the meantime, I'm going to go put up a pix of what I've been doing and put under the tree this AM, and I've more more firing up now, so I'm kinda busy, but I'll get up at least the one pix up before nightfall.

VVVVV This is 2# pkg "Felix Pay Dirt" from Alaska
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Dec 25 2003, 04:25 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

PS...speaking of pictures, I just sold my first gold photograph to a newspaper. It was published yesterday. Talk about being thrilled. That's the first time I've ever sold a picture I've taken.

31 Year Gold Chart Plus Photo w/detailed Caption

If you will click on the hyperlink above, you will be taken to the page where that image permanently resides, <guess why laugh.gif> . There you will find the detailed listing of each gold item, year it was made if I know, and the purity underneath the photo in typical Left to Right/Top to Bottom caption style.

ENJOY B)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 28 2003, 10:48 AM
Post #7

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Good Job Megan,
Now thats a picture that you need your shades for. B)
Congratulations!!

You had my mouth watering talking about your
"TUTOR's TAILINGS" :D

I looked on your website, but I could'nt find them. Is there a link
that we missed? Or is this something you can post in our for sale forum?
I would love to get my hands on some of that stuff. ;) :D :P

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:54 AM