ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New Member, Questions regarding living on your mining claim
MastiffLovers
post Jun 22 2017, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 132,384

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to become a member and I had a question with regards to a mining claim that I have and living on it. I want to live in a yurt or build a small cabin on my mining claim. It is patented claim with deed. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have heard that I can build whatever I want to live in because it is federal jurisdiction. Is this true? Also I heard only inspection would be to make sure I have something for waste like composting toilet? I plan to mine but on my own. I do not have a mining company. I just know nothing about it which is why I am asking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MastiffLovers
post Jun 23 2017, 07:32 AM
Post #2

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 132,384

Thank you for responses and they are already helping because I thought you only had to keep up on annual fees if it was not patented? I just assumed if it was patented that means I own the mineral right and the land itself? The County the property is in is Clear Creek County. Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys! My dream is to just build tiny offgrid cabin with trees and rocks from our property and I am hoping I will not be bothered except that I will make sure my waste is contained in approved method like a sealed compost toilet. My friend who owned the property said that it is federal jurisdiction and I pretty much tell them too bad, I'm building be a use I need a small cabin to live in to mine my land and pan the creek... I just can't find the rule that says that and I am a process oriented kind of guy so I HAVE to see it in writing somewhere or talk to someone who has built small cabin with little interference on a mining claim. Thanks again guys. Hopefully this doesn't run on too much.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:47 AM