ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UR mat
burrell
post Aug 23 2012, 08:51 AM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,369

emoticon-object-018.gif
I would like to get some opinions on replacing green carpet & miners mose with Ur mate in a 3 stage sluice. I haven't used the dredge much and it is definently not zeroed in. My last trip to north Ga with low water in creek was cut short due to 25"-30" of rain here at home. Any input will be appreciated. Burrell Sopchoppy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
russau
post Aug 23 2012, 02:38 PM
Post #2

russau

Member No.: 43

Dredge Hog has some really impressive matting! if you do get it, youll like it!

+Quote Post
swizz
post Aug 27 2012, 07:19 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,983

Hi burrell,
Not sure how the UR Mat would work in your dredge system, but probably well. I think that one of the members here (amorton) has been running it in his trommel sluice with success but haven't heard from him in a while. I would consider putting some expanded metal over the UR if you're going to be running it in a high-flow situation just to break things up a little... or at least experimenting a bit.
I'm running the gold Hog Scrubber mat in an A52 and have been really happy with it so far!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
burrell
post Aug 30 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #4

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (swizz @ Aug 27 2012, 08:19 AM) *
Hi burrell,
Not sure how the UR Mat would work in your dredge system, but probably well. I think that one of the members here (amorton) has been running it in his trommel sluice with success but haven't heard from him in a while. I would consider putting some expanded metal over the UR if you're going to be running it in a high-flow situation just to break things up a little... or at least experimenting a bit.
I'm running the gold Hog Scrubber mat in an A52 and have been really happy with it so far!

I'm doing a little more research on it. Do you have expanded metal over your mat in your a52? I went back and watched GH videos and there was one mention about 3stage sluice which was to use razor mat in the bottom stage. I emailed some question to GH awhile ago and hopefully will get a reply tomorrow. I will have to make some for&aft stringers and can do that with wood until i get it right to support stage 2 .

+Quote Post
swizz
post Aug 31 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,983

I'm running the Scrubber Mat from flare to tail and choked the A52 (and Scrubber Mat) down to a 6" width for a faster flow. I'm running it naked without expanded metal.... BUT, I would probably have at least one section of expanded metal if I were running the UR Mat. I don't own any UR but from the vids I've watched at the Gold Hog site, they suggest to "break up the flow" with expanded metal using the UR... or at least experiment with it. Makes sense.
The Scrubber Mat has been working very well, no complaints.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
amorton
post Aug 31 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #6

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,475

I am running UR mat in my trommel sluice box. The first two sections are Scrubber mat then I transition to UR for the remainder of the box. It runs real well although you need to run it about twice as steep as carpet. As for expanded, I have some cut for my box but I like to run without most of the time. here is a video from my testing.

http://youtu.be/r3xU0U9CSms

+Quote Post
burrell
post Sep 7 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #7

Shovel Buster!

My mat arrived yesterday. Its alittle thicker than i had thought. As the off the shelf sluice in stage 2 the mat is overly snug. I'll play with some wood in stage 3 to adjust for that. I'm going to try not to change any factory lines in the sluice. I may even gain a hair of water volume and flow thru stage 3 with the factory ripple gone in this stage. When its time to buy the metal i,ll get enough for all 3 ripple systems . Stage 1 will be a challenge but i'll just have to find my other half of brain cell to do it. Its going to take awhile to complete this but i'll keep as good of notes and drawings as i can.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:33 PM