ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Prospectors" TV Show Back!
llamabox
post Jan 18 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #116

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,104

Yea I was talking with Brancato the other day and he said he couldn't believe they even aired eppisodes this year with the 2 girls as there is so much litigation threats amongst all of it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jan 25 2016, 08:22 AM
Post #117

Member No.: 6,983

Excellent episode last night. S4/E08
Without giving too much away....
Major kudos and congratulations to the Cardwells! Absolutely amazing.
Rich's new plan is exciting and I'm really looking forward to his new prospects there. happy088.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Goldman
post Jan 25 2016, 03:37 PM
Post #118

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 119,732

QUOTE (swizz @ Jan 25 2016, 05:22 AM) *
Excellent episode last night. S4/E08
Without giving too much away....
Major kudos and congratulations to the Cardwells! Absolutely amazing.
Rich's new plan is exciting and I'm really looking forward to his new prospects there. happy088.gif

Sure was a great episode, Swizz. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Great because the Cardwell's finally ended up hitting paydirt after not doing so well last season. You can tell Mrs. Cardwell was real happy when she got choked up. And as for Rich......this man never dissapoints. I like to see good people having good things come there way. Another reason this episode was great is because of what is was lacking,... for example... a certain
implant-licious highgrader.

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jan 25 2016, 04:10 PM
Post #119

QUOTE (Goldman @ Jan 25 2016, 02:37 PM) *
Another reason this episode was great is because of what is was lacking,... for example... a certain
implant-licious highgrader.

I wholly agree! I didn't want to jinx it by bringing it up though. The last few episodes have been so good without her. I also liked the portion of that episode where they showed Dwayne and his crew performing reclamation when they were finished with the pocket. Very admirable and something that these programs don't show enough of. Reclamation is a huge part of mining and deserves it's air time for the miners who commit to it.
This show is getting better, they're definitely on the right track.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Goldman
post Jan 27 2016, 04:35 AM
Post #120

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 119,732

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jan 31 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #121

WARNING: Tonight's episode description indicates that the female mineral felon "Amanda" will have a segment. puke.gif
Note to producers - You suck ass. rant.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 31 2016, 06:11 PM
Post #122

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

ON a cooler note, after seeing those awesome Fluorite Crystals on Barite a few episodes ago, I got wind that they were selling some of the pieces on ebay and had to get one of my own!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jan 31 2016, 07:30 PM
Post #123

Holy crikey that is a cool piece Crusty! That has to be one of the specimens pulled from the lode mine by Rich... right?

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 31 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #124

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (swizz @ Jan 31 2016, 06:30 PM) *
Holy crikey that is a cool piece Crusty! That has to be one of the specimens pulled from the lode mine by Rich... right?

Rog, from the Buck Mine

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 31 2016, 09:34 PM
Post #125

Master Mucker!

Glad to see they discussed claim filing on the show. Disappointed they used the Dorris large operation as the example, giving people the impression that the average claim owner needs to do a bond for thousands of dollars. AND that they gave an Amanda sound bite in the segment... hello pot; I'm kettle!

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 1 2016, 07:10 AM
Post #126

QUOTE (Crusty @ Jan 31 2016, 08:34 PM) *
Glad to see they discussed claim filing on the show. Disappointed they used the Dorris large operation as the example, giving people the impression that the average claim owner needs to do a bond for thousands of dollars. AND that they gave an Amanda sound bite in the segment... hello pot; I'm kettle!

S04/E09 2c.gif

The Good:
Amazing Fluorite finds by the Dorris'
Rich's endeavors and his AMAZING Topaz Eagle sculpture

The Bad:
Discussion with Crystal Dorris regarding claim staking. She left viewers with the impression that it will cost the average claimant $6K to stake. The average claimant actually pays $212 for staking. The big difference is that the Dorris family is operating on a large scale (excavators, blasting, etc.). Those activities require the Dorris' to fork out far more $$ than the average Joe staking a Location Claim. The producers/editors failed to clarify or include this fact, that part was probably left on the cutting room floor. Is it the show's prerogative to discourage people from staking claims?

The Ugly:
Amanda Atkins. Neither she (nor Jessica) are ugly by any means. The fact that the producers of this program still include Amanda in episodes is beyond me. She is a known claim jumper and mineral trespasser, it is public record, she has been caught and charged. She is a shame to the mining community in Colorado. At least they show her on someone's legitimate claim now (with permission) but she has lost ALL credibility.... not a true explorer. In this episode she was "prospecting" another claim owner's discovery (with permission and contract of course). This show could do much better. There are many attractive female prospectors who respect the Federal mining laws and perform their due diligence if the show needs that element. Producers: WAKE UP, snap out of it... she has you in a trance.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Feb 1 2016, 07:33 AM
Post #127

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (swizz @ Feb 1 2016, 06:10 AM) *
S04/E09 2c.gif

The Good:
Amazing Fluorite finds by the Dorris'
Rich's endeavors and his AMAZING Topaz Eagle sculpture

The Bad:
Discussion with Crystal Dorris regarding claim staking. She left viewers with the impression that it will cost the average claimant $6K to stake. The average claimant actually pays $212 for staking. The big difference is that the Dorris family is operating on a large scale (excavators, blasting, etc.). Those activities require the Dorris' to fork out far more $$ than the average Joe staking a Location Claim. The producers/editors failed to clarify or include this fact, that part was probably left on the cutting room floor. Is it the show's prerogative to discourage people from staking claims?

The Ugly:
Amanda Atkins. Neither she (nor Jessica) are ugly by any means. The fact that the producers of this program still include Amanda in episodes is beyond me. She is a known claim jumper and mineral trespasser, it is public record, she has been caught and charged. She is a shame to the mining community in Colorado. At least they show her on someone's legitimate claim now (with permission) but she has lost ALL credibility.... not a true explorer. In this episode she was "prospecting" another claim owner's discovery (with permission and contract of course). This show could do much better. There are many attractive female prospectors who respect the Federal mining laws and perform their due diligence if the show needs that element. Producers: WAKE UP, snap out of it... she has you in a trance.

Can I plagurize your words to post on the show's Facebook page? The claim para, not the last one

That eagle carving was phenominal!!

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 1 2016, 07:52 AM
Post #128

Please do! I'm not a Facebooker.... that would help spread the word regarding Weather Channel's misinformation.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Feb 1 2016, 08:03 AM
Post #129

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (swizz @ Feb 1 2016, 06:52 AM) *
Please do! I'm not a Facebooker.... that would help spread the word regarding Weather Channel's misinformation.

Here's what I posted

Very happy to see the show discuss claim filing last night! Disappointed you used the Dorris' large scale operation as the example. This left viewers with the impression that it will cost the average claimant $6K to stake. The average claimant actually pays $212 for staking. The big difference is that the Dorris family is operating on a large scale (excavators, blasting, etc.). Those activities require the Dorris' to fork out far more $$ than the average Joe staking a Location Claim. Would have been beneficial to the average person to follow up with a segment with a claim like Rich's, which shouldn't require a reclamation bond. Speaking of Rich, that eagle carving was AMAZING!! Thanks for bringing this show to TV. Hope to see another season next year!

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 1 2016, 09:16 AM
Post #130

That is good, hopefully they read it and care a little. Thanks!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:31 AM