ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kejick & Friends' Crazy Colorado Prospecting Adventures :)
Kejick
post Jun 5 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 127,975

Okie Dokie, So to kinda start anew In creating this thread for pictures & updates from my prospecting adventures around Colorado. So to start out the other day CP Member Nate & I went out on an adventure east of Rampart Range; We had a few target areas in mind we wanted to check out but mostly were exploring & doing some prospecting on the way.

(Disclaimer; only saying it once; I always make sure to do my homework beforehand and make sure the area i'm exploring is public land & not under mining claim. To newer members, please always do your homework, know where people have staked claims in the area you want to explore, and respect their claims & mineral rights! Don't Claim Jump!!!! End PSA)

Anyhow we headed out and came across a fair amount of offroaders & an all jeep group; led by a FJ Cruiser... But we found the first area we were looking for after not too long (not to brag but my lil prospecting Subaru did great) Shortly after a bit of hiking we came across some quartz fragments floating on the topsoil so we did some digging. I didn't find anything below the soil but Nate found a few fragments of Smokies with faces. I ended up wandering down the hill a little bit and cam across the tailings of a pretty big quartz operation where I found a large chunk of quartz with a smooth face on one side (if it was intact & crystalline it would have been at least 24in in diameter! But sadly couldn't find any intact crystals; mostly all chunky. We did discover a massive quartz vein in the side of the hill which we assume they were searching for gold but seem to have abandoned. After a bit more exploring we came across a giant open pit mine with water below that most likely;y exceeded 20'+ deep, but had a brilliant turquoise color. Nearby we also discovered wooden remnants of... an ore chute or mining cabin perhaps? from the nails I don't think it was older then the 1930's or 40's. Anyhow here's the pictures! And thanks Nate for joining me on a fun adventure! And my last great adventure as seen on my previous thread was with Crusty. Both awesome, highly skilled & intelligent Prospectors & friends! If you want to join me on an adventure, drop me a PM!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Jun 5 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 121,949

was a great day out! as you said, it was most likely blasting in the search for gold. with veins of quartz that large, i wonder how many massive crystals they blasted with dynamite.....i saw a couple places that had quartz veins at least 10 feet wide.

--------------------
Rock: Climb it. Dig it. Build your house upon it.

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jun 6 2017, 06:46 AM
Post #3

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Looks like a great time with some cool stuff to see!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:09 AM