ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New member looking meet new people
swizz
post Sep 7 2016, 12:15 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (CP @ Sep 7 2016, 12:01 PM) *
Nice Chris, good work. Yep, I'd say by the looks of your clean ups you're right! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I've been getting good quantities of -50 and -100 every trip. Those classes outweigh the larger stuff in that creek I think.... which is why I'm basically running a cleanup sluice.
Plus, I'm old now and like to take it slooow. smiley-cool14.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave S.
post Sep 7 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #17

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 118,315

Hello Ryan, welcome to the club! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I still have yet to use a dredge or highbanker, on Clear Creek, or elsewhere. However, I recommend that you learn to use a gold pan first anyway ( at least a bit of practice).

I have panned Clear Creek for years with just a variety of pans, and sometimes a regular old sluice. Clear Creek is a great place to learn to pan (it's where I learned).

I staked a gold placer claim just this last weekend in Chaffee County. Keep an eye on the Protected Forums for a possible Club Invite (I will start a new post called "Dave's Claim invite" when I do).

happy112.gif

--------------------
Thankful member of COLORADO PROSPECTOR CLUB
Level 2 Joined Oct. 19th 2014 (pay member since Apr. 1st 2015)
Referral code: DS531

"Like a fine gemstone, the mind is more beautiful when it is open and free to receive the light
." - (Dave's ramblings 52 : 80 )

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Sep 7 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #18

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

Welcome to the club and forums Ryan! sign0016.gif

I also have a Gold Bug2 and need to find some gold or meteorites with it. giggle.gif Your right they are not cheap. So far it's my most expensive piece of equipment.
If I can get my car running then I plan to have at least one more invite up to my claim for crystals.

..and yes there is a private message feature here on the forums. You can click on my name to open my profile. From there you can add friend and/or message. happy112.gif

Be sure to find your way to the protected forums for more info on claim invites and meet-ups for Club Members.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RyanRoberts
post Sep 7 2016, 07:46 PM
Post #19

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 122,866

QUOTE (EMac @ Sep 7 2016, 12:37 PM) *
Swizz nailed the essential gear list. Lots of folks like Angus Mackirk, me included. They stock a decent variety in Golden (Angus, Keene, etc.), or you can order online. You'll want a snuffer bottle to collect the gold, a vial to put it in, and a scoop smaller than your shovel to feed the sluice. If you stop in Golden, you may as well fill out Bill's liability waiver that allows you to get onto the one remaining mining claim in the Canyon. Just ask about their claim and how to get on it. Personally I've found better gold upstream.

I'm a slower starter than Swizz and Crusty unless I'm camping, and probably even then still. My guess is I'll be up there between 10 and 11, and I like to stay until the sun starts to dip below the canyon.

Yeah, I think you guys got me excited enough to almost drive up to Golden and just get me a damn sluice! And I'll shoot to be there around ten or eleven. Pretty stoked. Can't wait other how many thousand casts it's gonna take to land the golden muskie, lol.

Those little vials of gold are crazy. kick_can.gif

+Quote Post
RyanRoberts
post Sep 7 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #20

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (EMac @ Sep 7 2016, 12:37 PM) *
Swizz nailed the essential gear list. Lots of folks like Angus Mackirk, me included. They stock a decent variety in Golden (Angus, Keene, etc.), or you can order online. You'll want a snuffer bottle to collect the gold, a vial to put it in, and a scoop smaller than your shovel to feed the sluice. If you stop in Golden, you may as well fill out Bill's liability waiver that allows you to get onto the one remaining mining claim in the Canyon. Just ask about their claim and how to get on it. Personally I've found better gold upstream.

I'm a slower starter than Swizz and Crusty unless I'm camping, and probably even then still. My guess is I'll be up there between 10 and 11, and I like to stay until the sun starts to dip below the canyon.

Ha, yeah I think I'm gonna go get me a Angus MacKirk Mini Long Tom? Sounds funny to say. I've got a scoop. I'll get a vial and snuffer, too. I'm so stoked! Thanks for inviting me out, and so quickly!

+Quote Post
RyanRoberts
post Sep 7 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #21

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (CP @ Sep 7 2016, 12:49 PM) *
smiley-laughing021.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Hi Ryan, glad you've found your way into the forums and you'll have a super day out with these guys when you go! Fair warning though, be ready to have a blast and go home with sore ribs from laughing! happy088.gif

For accessing the protected forum section you don't need to set up any other accounts, just use the club members monthly password from your welcome activation email when you're logged on the forums....it'll prompt you for the password when you click on that section. smiley-cool14.gif

You'll have a great time out there with these folks for sure and find some nice color too! I'd also suggest using a soap seep set up out there in the creek sluicing as well to catch all the fine gold you can. smile.gif

Hey thanks Dan! I'm looking forward to find that cure, lol. Thanks for the tip on the member's only forum. Sounds top secret ;) And thanks for the soap tip, that sounds also top secret ;)

+Quote Post
RyanRoberts
post Sep 7 2016, 07:59 PM
Post #22

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (RyanRoberts @ Sep 7 2016, 08:46 PM) *
Yeah, I think you guys got me excited enough to almost drive up to Golden and just get me a damn sluice! And I'll shoot to be there around ten or eleven. Pretty stoked. Can't wait other how many thousand casts it's gonna take to land the golden muskie, lol.

Those little vials of gold are crazy. kick_can.gif

Ha, it posted both my replies.

+Quote Post
RyanRoberts
post Sep 7 2016, 08:05 PM
Post #23

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Crusty @ Sep 7 2016, 01:14 PM) *
I've also got a GB2 (and there are a couple others in the group). Tough to find a good spot to put them to use here in CO with the small gold. There are spots with bigger gold, but of course they've usually got a LOT of hot rocks, which of course makes it tough to find the gold. You've got to be really good with your detector (which I'm not lol)

Oh nice! Well let's go! Beep beep beep.. gold! I'm actually just lucky and not that skilled with the detectors. But seriously.. let's go!

+Quote Post
RyanRoberts
post Sep 7 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #24

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Dave S. @ Sep 7 2016, 06:32 PM) *
Hello Ryan, welcome to the club! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I still have yet to use a dredge or highbanker, on Clear Creek, or elsewhere. However, I recommend that you learn to use a gold pan first anyway ( at least a bit of practice).

I have panned Clear Creek for years with just a variety of pans, and sometimes a regular old sluice. Clear Creek is a great place to learn to pan (it's where I learned).

I staked a gold placer claim just this last weekend in Chaffee County. Keep an eye on the Protected Forums for a possible Club Invite (I will start a new post called "Dave's Claim invite" when I do).

happy112.gif

Yeah, this whole claim thing is new to me and insane! Like fine china on a bulls balls I'll be there! Was that too much? And yeah, now everybody's got me crazy for panning and sluicing for gold so I'm in! I can't wait to learn!

+Quote Post
RyanRoberts
post Sep 7 2016, 08:17 PM
Post #25

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (MikeS @ Sep 7 2016, 06:56 PM) *
Welcome to the club and forums Ryan! sign0016.gif

I also have a Gold Bug2 and need to find some gold or meteorites with it. giggle.gif Your right they are not cheap. So far it's my most expensive piece of equipment.
If I can get my car running then I plan to have at least one more invite up to my claim for crystals.

..and yes there is a private message feature here on the forums. You can click on my name to open my profile. From there you can add friend and/or message. happy112.gif

Be sure to find your way to the protected forums for more info on claim invites and meet-ups for Club Members.

Crystals? Then I heard there's diamonds?! This should be illegal! Anybody know where the silver's at? Seriously, that's some elusive shit from where I'm from! extra_happy.gif

+Quote Post
RyanRoberts
post Sep 7 2016, 09:16 PM
Post #26

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (RyanRoberts @ Sep 7 2016, 11:08 AM) *
Do I need to get my own sluicing setup beyond my gold and sifting pans? And where do I find your posts for when you're heading on a trip?

Are you guys just busting through the ice because you can't wait until the spring or does the water and ice have some cool effect for finding gold? Also, wanted to say right on, ya upper! I spent about 15 summers straight up in Misery Bay and Houghton. Haven't been back in a few years but my buddy from Houghton is coming to visit me out here soon.

I need to re-clean my two copper children before I post photos of them. They re-oxidized or whatever you'd call it in the past few years so they're not so purty right now ;) I've got some half-baked cleaning recipe, lol! Gotta just do it.

Well cool man, see you out there soon! cheers.gif

+Quote Post
swizz
post Sep 7 2016, 09:55 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (RyanRoberts @ Sep 7 2016, 09:16 PM) *
I spent about 15 summers straight up in Misery Bay and Houghton. Haven't been back in a few years but my buddy from Houghton is coming to visit me out here soon.

Small world. One of my neighbors here in Winter Park is from Houghton.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
EMac
post Sep 8 2016, 12:09 PM
Post #28

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

QUOTE (Dave S. @ Sep 7 2016, 06:32 PM) *
[size=3] However, I recommend that you learn to use a gold pan first anyway ( at least a bit of practice).

I'll setup some panning bins for sure. I figure I'll give Ryan a quick panning lesson showing how I learned along with the caveat that there are lots of techniques out there. I figure pass along a little panning knowledge, and then work to get him some of his own sluice cons that he can take home for practice. Learning to reliably separate out -100 gold from CC definitely helps develop panning skills, and I think it's much more fun working richer cons than unprocessed pay dirt.

Sounds like he'll be joining you on Saturday, so hopefully other folks can show their techniques as well on some easier to find gold. I still want to play with a turbo pan eventually...

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
swizz
post Sep 10 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #29

Beautiful awesome super fun day with neighbor Alec, Emac & Jennifer, and very much a pleasure to meet Ryan. I know that we all got good Gold today! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Ryan, I hope you recover from the "fever", I think I still have it. wacko.gif biggrin.gif
Here are a few pics....
Prospecting 9-10 by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

This is today's wing-dam that I made for the sluice.
Sluic Flare by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

Some Gold showing in the upper portion of my sluice early on...
Gold in upper sluice by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

Timber with her mini-me... Zoie! Can you tell which is the "puppy"? giggle.gif
Timber with her mini-me by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
CP
post Sep 11 2016, 04:01 PM
Post #30

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Very cool!! Looks like it was an awesome day on the creek!

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:03 PM