ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Professional Geologists, No Licensure Required in Colorado
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 11 2018, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

While 29 states and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico require professional geologists to have a Professional Geologist (P.G.) license, Colorado does not. The state certainly has an interest in protecting citizens, government entities and companies from unethical and/or incompetent practice.

Here's a link to what Colorado requires;

PG Definition

Our state should impose a licensure process in order to assure accountability and responsibility of P.G. practitioners. 2c.gif

ASTROBLEME

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gene Kooper
post Jan 14 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 120,476

Being a simple country boy from the Nebraska Sandhills, I will make the following observation and suggestion to the both of you. Neither of you have any formal education in geology, but that appears to have not hindered either of you from proffering negative opinions about the science of geology and whether geologists should be licensed.

If either of you is really interested in the topic of whether geologists should be licensed or not, I suggest that you join a geology forum and pose the question. You will likely get a wide variety of answers from geologists there because of their varied educations and experiences, not to mention opinions from geologists that practice in states with and without a licensing requirement. Also, mining engineers are engineers and as such, are authorized to conduct tasks that include the "analysis and design work requiring intensive preparation in the use of mathematics, chemistry, physics, and engineering sciences." If Mr. Tonko believes that only licensed mining engineers can perform any of the tasks in his list, I suggest he start filing complaints for unlicensed practice with the engineering board!

I'll end my participation in this thread with a question. Why did the topic starter decide that this topic belongs in "Prospecting and Mining Laws, Regulations etc.
Discussions for Laws, Code of Federal Regulations(CFR) or subparts, as well as discussions pertaining to the Forest Service maual (FSM) and the Forest Service Handbook (FSH) concerning prospecting/mining.
"?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:01 PM