ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Arkansas River Pointbar
Boogie
post May 26 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,248

Not sure where to put this, so to play it safe, I'll post it here.

I heard that all of the open areas for prospecting around the Pointbar rec area has been claimed up by a person from Texas. Apparently even some State land was claimed by error. Anyway, it sounds like if your looking to do some public panning at pointbar, you are out of luck. Makes me feel sick to see more and more open areas being sucked up.

Does anyone know if "Woody's Claims" are part of GPOC Claims? Is there a GPOC Forum? I can't find one.

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
h20prospector
post May 26 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 6,964

QUOTE (Boogie @ May 26 2010, 12:43 PM) *
Not sure where to put this, so to play it safe, I'll post it here.

I heard that all of the open areas for prospecting around the Pointbar rec area has been claimed up by a person from Texas. Apparently even some State land was claimed by error. Anyway, it sounds like if your looking to do some public panning at pointbar, you are out of luck. Makes me feel sick to see more and more open areas being sucked up.

Does anyone know if "Woody's Claims" are part of GPOC Claims? Is there a GPOC Forum? I can't find one.

Boogie

Boogie,

I just recently applied for membership in the GPOC, and am waiting for membership card and other stuff they provide. They have 3 claims on the Arkansas that I know of; Prospector #1 just north of Buena Vista, and Prospector #2 & #3 south of Salida. To use motorized equipment on the Arkansas, you need to get a permit from the Canon City or Salida BLM office. They also have a claim on Beaver Creek which is north of Fairplay. No motorized equipment on this claim. I know nothing about "Woody's Claims." I don't know if they have a forum or not. You would have to send them an email. I would assume you could find in at GPOC.com.

h20prospector

--------------------
26 year Air Force Vet
LDMA/GPAA, GPOC, & CP LIFE MEMBER

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!

+Quote Post
Boogie
post May 26 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Hi h20prospector,

I got my membership package early this week. The maps are not very clear about Woody's. I've given up trying to find a GPOC forum. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
h20prospector
post May 26 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #4

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (Boogie @ May 26 2010, 01:49 PM) *
Hi h20prospector,

I got my membership package early this week. The maps are not very clear about Woody's. I've given up trying to find a GPOC forum. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Boogie

Boogie,

To my knowledge, they have no forum, just meetings, and "The Quill", which is their monthly newsletter. You will have to contact someone at GPOC to get the definitive answer.

h2o

--------------------
26 year Air Force Vet

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!

+Quote Post
Boogie
post May 26 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #5

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (h20prospector @ May 26 2010, 03:13 PM) *
Boogie,

To my knowledge, they have no forum, just meetings, and "The Quill", which is their monthly newsletter. You will have to contact someone at GPOC to get the definitive answer.

h2o

I had a feeling that was the case.

I did find some nice, clear maps on the BLM site that cleared it all up for me! Google : woody's pointbar rec

Thanks, h20prospector.

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
CP
post May 26 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #6

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

No problem Boogie putting this in here. They used to have a forum several years back but they don't have one any longer.

Another spot that would be good anyone can visit (without joining clubs) would be the Cache creek area. Just like many other parts of the Arkansas river headwater recreational area, it's been withdrawn from claiming but you can pan and sluice there no problem and no permits. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Those private parcels within the rec area need to be watched out for and the few claims that are filed (locations) were filed on building proposal sites within that withdrawl ......IE not all of the ground in the "Arkansas headwater recreational area" is claimed or private. The designated recreational area is rather lengthy and covers 1,000's and 1,000's of acres. Just make sure you aren't on one of the exsisting location claims the clubs all list or private land and you should be fine.
Once you've left that special recreational area boundry that permit for motorized will not needed either. wink.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
nuggetstosmall
post May 26 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #7

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 6,834

Hey, Boogie, I'm a member of GPOC. To use their claims you need to be a member. Woodys 1 and 2 are well marked. Both produce gold. I've personally found it. If you go to claim colorado prospector 3, (GPOC claim) up by elephant rock you'll see Ben the president, high banking. Was there the other day. The claim up by Fairplay doesnt open till Jun 16th per Forest Service. It produces pickers and some small nuggets. No motorized equipment. Nice people, they have lots of outings per their calendar at their web site.

I ask them about a forum, but to costly to run was the bottom line and a lot of other sites have forums. Hmmm well look to see you at the next meeting. Richard

This post has been edited by ColoradoProspector: May 26 2010, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
CP
post May 26 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #8

Master Mucker!

I've edited out a portion of your last post Richard. I don't see a promotional statement, contact info, and additional tid bits needed here when that can be found at their website, and wasn't even one of the questions asked. Was that intended as a poke at us Richard?

Yes, forums do cost money and lots of time to run, as well as keep on track for it's own purposes as you can see. While I and my family may have to make personal sacrifices to keep this site running, this forum and website will not go away!

The GPOC carries no link to the Colorado Prospector website any where at their site...... Hmmmmm
While we don't mind a question or two being posed about other clubs etc, we do have to draw a line somewhere.
I'd just say from here since you all 3 are members in that club too, and if more info is needed, ya'll can pass it to one another personally.

Sure hope the difference between that club and the Coloraod Prospector club is very evident by now.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
h20prospector
post May 26 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #9

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ May 26 2010, 08:14 PM) *
I've edited out a portion of your last post Richard. I don't see a promotional statement, contact info, and additional tid bits needed here when that can be found at their website, and wasn't even one of the questions asked. Was that intended as a poke at us Richard?

Yes, forums do cost money and lots of time to run, as well as keep on track for it's own purposes as you can see. While I and my family may have to make personal sacrifices to keep this site running, this forum and website will not go away!

The GPOC carries no link to the Colorado Prospector website any where at their site...... Hmmmmm
While we don't mind a question or two being posed about other clubs etc, we do have to draw a line somewhere.
I'd just say from here since you all 3 are members in that club too, and if more info is needed, ya'll can pass it to one another personally.

Sure hope the difference between that club and the Coloraod Prospector club is very evident by now.

CP

CP,

I have no problem abiding with your wishes. Sorry different clubs can't respect each other, but I do see your point.

pat

--------------------
26 year Air Force Vet

+Quote Post
Boogie
post May 26 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #10

Shovel Buster!

Thanks for the info guys.

Sorry, CP. I didn't mean to open up a can o' worms. PM's will work just fine with me on this matter.

Still sucks to hear about Pointbar though...

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
YellowFever
post May 27 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #11

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,212

If you go to the BLM office they will give you a great map to each of the places that you want for free! and they are open 7days a week!! so you dont have to make a special trip on a weekday thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

+Quote Post
Boogie
post May 27 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #12

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (YellowFever @ May 27 2010, 11:26 AM) *
If you go to the BLM office they will give you a great map to each of the places that you want for free! and they are open 7days a week!! so you dont have to make a special trip on a weekday thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yep, got the maps right here : http://www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/rgfo/minera...cer_mining.html

Nice and clear and pretty new.

Look for "popular placer areas"

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
YellowFever
post May 27 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #13

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,212

yup them are the maps that they give you! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 8 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #14

Master Mucker!

I've moved this thread from the club members protected section

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 9 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #15

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ May 26 2010, 07:14 PM) *

CP

I have requested information from Ben, but so far no response. So I'm guessing the GPOC is too special for me.
I used to be a GPOC member, but I withdrew when I encountered a number of members that have a problem with safety and that have a problem legality. I'm debating IF I want to re-join or not because of that.

Now.... based on the issue of legality, I have to sing a few praises and criticisms.

First I want to give Dan and Denise the praise they deserve for all the hard work they have done for the CP group. Guys, my fellow members, you simply have no concept of the level of work Dan and Denise has put into this. A hell of a lot more than the GPAA/LDMA does, far more than GPOC, and there's a few other small groups that, again, can't touch the work and quality of CP.

Second, one thing I saw in GPAA/LDMA is when they will go out, join a small club, and then hit up the members of the club for GPAA/LDMA membership. Once they have a fair number of additional GPAA/LDMA members, they won't be seen again for quite some time if ever. One mistake I have seen there is when the "local" GPAA "leaders" will ask claim holders to allow them (the leaders) to take over the claims with the idea that they can have unrestricted access, if they remain members or not. And when the former claim holder decides to leave GPAA/LDMA, guess what? They no longer have the right to access/use their claim because as they find out the hard way, it's no longer their claim.

Third is along those lines, but in the realm of GPOC and CP.
My concern is that members of other groups may come here, and they may even pay for membership. Then they go out on the unclaimed lands we work, and claim them. Then WE no longer have access to those claims, and they do. Using our data, our member's hard work, for their personal gain and the gain of their club.

That is one glitch I see. I will discuss that at length with Dan later on though.

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:10 AM