ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Member, Jealous New Member
Easygoer
post Oct 1 2017, 02:58 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 133,766

Hello All,

I just purchased a claim on the Arkansas River, south of Salida, adjacent to Point Bar Rec Area. I am now stuck in Louisiana earning a living and wishing I was still up there! My wife and I have 5 children, the youngest two graduating high school in May which is allowing us to move on to the next chapter of our lives.

I had an aunt and uncle who lived in Del Norte, Co and I have dreamed of living and prospecting since reading Call of the Wild when i was about eight years old. Colorado may not be the Yukon but it sure isn't Louisiana either!

If you wonder what happens to all the stuff that runs downriver from Colorado to the Gulf of Mexico here are some pictures. If you think you have fines in Colorado look at these.

Attached Image

These are as close to mountains as we get, kidding of course. This is after a decent rain, the sand is so fine it erodes around the rocks on top. NRCS has taken samples and we have some of the finest sand in the world! I unfortunately have not found any commercial value in my ultra fine sand and hope to do better in Colorado .
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Not sure about the pictures I am new to the whole posting thing.

Anyways, spent my whole life in the restaurant business, in the kitchen for thirty years. Looking forward to meeting fellow members and breaking bread. In Louisiana anytime we get together food has to be involved!!

Thanks

Easygoer
Attached thumbnail(s)

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Oct 1 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Been good chatting with you! Look forward to meeting you someday. Cool sand pics!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Oct 1 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

Welcome to the Club Easygoer! Cool pics. I have not seen that before. Looking forward to meeting you as well. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Oct 3 2017, 08:23 AM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Congratulations on the new claim purchase. Hopefully it brings gold lined pans in the future for you. happy088.gif Love the pictures, very cool how the elements sculpt the dirt that way! signs021.gif Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
EMac
post Oct 6 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

Welcome to the club! I hope to meet y'all when you get out this way!

Those are some interesting shots; what makes the cones?

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
Easygoer
post Oct 8 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #6

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 133,766

Attached Image
QUOTE (EMac @ Oct 6 2017, 03:45 PM) *
Welcome to the club! I hope to meet y'all when you get out this way!

Those are some interesting shots; what makes the cones?

About twenty years ago we built a pond just below where I took these pictures. We were removing clay soil for the levee and hit this sand field, tried moving it out of the way but we never found the bottom. We tried several times to cap it with clay to stop the erosion to no avail. This hill has lost about 20 feet in height due to erosion! The sand contains small amount of gravel and rocks, the sand is so fine that rain washes the sand away in the areas not protected by the small rocks and gravel. The small cones are all that remain.

The local soil scientist have brought in guys from other parts of the US to look at it and take samples, they say it is some of the finest sand they have ever seen. I say if its so special buy it from me!! No takers so far!! No gold in that there hill for sure. Just millions of years of grinding on that sand to make it that fine.

The boss and one of my daughter's on the pond.

Easygoer
Attached thumbnail(s)

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Colorado Roots
post Dec 28 2017, 05:52 PM
Post #7

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 139,420

Cool pics!

I bet it makes for easy diggin'! LOL

Welcome

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:41 AM