ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
flat lap
jim
post Nov 22 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 994

This is a flat lap that was given to me about a year ago. When I got it it was full of rock dust from years of use. I used a wire brush to clean the whole thing then painted it. I finally got tired of looking at it all laying around in pieces. So I got busy and put it all together. Since it came to me in pieces I had no idea how it was supposed to be configured. This is what I came up with.
It came with the water feed, the vise,and all the plates and laps pictured. This machine is big enough to except 10 inch laps. I can also put my 10 inch diamond blade on it and cut slabs. The vise is very sturdy and has really smooth working.
The table has been here since I moved in.All I did was modify it a bit and painted it. The rest of the materials were stuff that I had laying around. All I have is time in it .It cost me nothing.
Notice my unfinished bathroom in the background.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Nov 23 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #2

russau

Member No.: 43

a couple of years before i retired, we had a job to renovate a lab at work. they had about 4 of these devices in a counter top setup. we removed them and placed them in a spot so that it would be out of the way. we were to replace them when the renovation was done...........BUT, second shift came in and thougth they were junck tobe pitched! so they did! after the reonovation was complete we looked for these devices to reinstall. we looked all day. when second shift came in we asked them if they saw these devices..yes they did and they thought it was junk and pitched all of them! needless to say, management was ..........lets just say mad about it!

+Quote Post
jim
post Nov 23 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 994

Dang!!! What a waste. I'd love to been there. I'm sure that there is a lot more to this machine than what I have. Dan thinks that it was also a facetor. With that mast there it could have well been. I have done some research on it.One thing that I did find was that Sears used to sell a machine like it.

+Quote Post
CP
post Nov 29 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Dang Russ, that is a bummer. Bet someone on the night shift got a talkin' too. smiley-shocked003.gif

Yep Jim, I do think that is a faceting machine although I don't facet but it looks like other faceting set ups I've seen.
Looks like you might need to find a few pieces to complete it, but then you could be rockin' for a facet set up for sure. Glad it works and ya' got it all going.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:48 AM