ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Reynolds Gang treasure
chrisb5401
post Jun 26 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #16

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,291

Anyone want to organize a camping trip up around Hall Valley, hunt around see if we can at least nail down some landmarks from this story?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 26 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #17

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

And exactly WHO are you?

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jun 27 2010, 02:52 AM
Post #18

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,248

QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Jun 27 2010, 12:33 AM) *
And exactly WHO are you?

Geez Coalbunny, way to make the guy feel welcome... Doesn't his profile tell you enough?

Hey chris, it sounds like a fun to me. Can't do it any time soon though, maybe later in the summer.

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 27 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #19

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi chrisb5401, welcome to the forums. Make yourself right at home browsing around.

Good luck on the treasure hunting too.
These treasure stories are some great old stories and it would be great to hear about one of the forum members finding one.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jul 3 2010, 01:35 AM
Post #20

Master Mucker

QUOTE (Boogie @ Jun 27 2010, 02:52 AM) *
Geez Coalbunny, way to make the guy feel welcome... Doesn't his profile tell you enough?

Hey chris, it sounds like a fun to me. Can't do it any time soon though, maybe later in the summer.

Boogie

Granted, I can be a bit harsh at times while not meaning to do so. But even then, he hasn't done an intro page yet.

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jul 3 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #21

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Jul 3 2010, 02:35 AM) *
Granted, I can be a bit harsh at times while not meaning to do so. But even then, he hasn't done an intro page yet.

I've had days like that too. I bet we all have.

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jul 9 2010, 03:39 AM
Post #22

Master Mucker

Boogie, consider this- someone comes here and does not provide an intro (has he/she yet? I dunno). And they have one post.

They want to start a group project looking for treasure.
And they have one post.

We don't know who they are. Comparing to you & I, do you know who I am? No. But I have been here long enough folks HAVE met me, most folks know who I am, know where to find me, and while they may or may not trust me or may or may not want to go treasure hunting with me, I think they would be far moe inclined to go with me, Russ or CP than someone they know nothing of.

Of course, one pst isn't much, maybe there is PM contact with others and maybe they already have a better repetoire than I.

But we don't know that because of the few posts made (in this case, one).

That is what I admire so much about Dan & Denise. They have the patience and tolerance I don't have.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jul 9 2010, 09:38 AM
Post #23

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Jul 9 2010, 04:39 AM) *
Boogie, consider this- someone comes here and does not provide an intro (has he/she yet? I dunno). And they have one post.

And they have one post.

We don't know who they are. Comparing to you & I, do you know who I am? No. But I have been here long enough folks HAVE met me, most folks know who I am, know where to find me, and while they may or may not trust me or may or may not want to go treasure hunting with me, I think they would be far moe inclined to go with me, Russ or CP than someone they know nothing of.

Of course, one pst isn't much, maybe there is PM contact with others and maybe they already have a better repetoire than I.

That is what I admire so much about Dan & Denise. They have the patience and tolerance I don't have.

The way I see it, you can know someone for a long time on the internet but you don't REALLY know him or her until you've actually been around the person for awhile. Just looking for landmarks... What's the risk? I see it as fun way to get aquainted.

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
chrisb5401
post Jan 12 2012, 03:53 AM
Post #24

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Jul 9 2010, 03:39 AM) *

And they have one post.

Well heres an idea, how about not replying since you don't know who I am nor do I know who you are. I did not ask you anything simply sending out a general invite for anyone interested. Next time feel free to ignore post of those who you don't know rather than making it a point to be a ***** because you don't know someone. Besides some us us only post when we actually have something to add to a thread not only to see our own posts like you seem to.

This post has been edited by ColoradoProspector: Jan 12 2012, 08:13 AM

+Quote Post
chrisb5401
post Jan 12 2012, 03:59 AM
Post #25

Diggin' In!

Any for anyone who is interested here is the map from General David J Cook's book. Anyone looking for an original copy beware the chapter on the Reynold gang and the treasure was deleted in later editions for some reason. I managed to find a copy buried in the bowels of the internet a while back. As Wham noted it conflicts with Vernon Crow's Account which places the landmarks off handcart creek to the south.

+Quote Post
CP
post Jan 12 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #26

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi chrisb5401,

Thanks for adding the map and good luck with treasure hunt.

I've edited your post above addressed to Coalbunny. I realize Coalbunny was a bit rough on your first thread/post but that was over a year and half ago. I see no point/good coming from this thread turning into a personal bashing session now.
Let's keep it to the topic at hand and both of you remember the forum rules please.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
russau
post Jan 12 2012, 09:55 AM
Post #27

russau

Member No.: 43

yep that map was a big help! Thankyou! no sense going out looking for it anymore,cause i found it and spent every bit of it on lotto tickets! and i didnt even win a free ticket out of all of it! whos got the next great treasure map???i can use a few more $$$$ on Megabucks this weekend! :)

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 13 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #28

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 6,813

chrisb5401,

I am still having serious problems finding CP's Geocache #2 after several attempts over a couple of years time. Even using modern GPS coordinates and expensive metal detectors, buried treasure is still very hard to find.

Good luck to all whom seek this historical stash.

ASTROBLEME

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jan 16 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #29

Master Mucker

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jan 13 2012, 06:42 PM) *
chrisb5401,

I am still having serious problems finding CP's Geocache #2 after several attempts over a couple of years time. Even using modern GPS coordinates and expensive metal detectors, buried treasure is still very hard to find.

Good luck to all whom seek this historical stash.

ASTROBLEME

Yeah, but that only adds to the excitement! Especially when you find all sorts of other stuff in your search! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
vabeachmax
post Jul 30 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #30

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 240

wow
very interesting read for sure.
thanks everyone

--------------------
tuffy braithwaite
<")))))<>(.......

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:16 AM