ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2015 July 4 CP Club Outing PICS
swizz
post Jul 6 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

I recently had the pleasure of hosting a group outing for CP Annual and Lifetime Members at my claims. Wow... what a great time with a fantastic group of fellow prospectors!!! I can't say enough good things about each and every one of you. Mike and Dave were always there at the big hole to offer help filling ore carts and jumping in on the bucket brigade when they saw help might be needed. They also were extremely helpful to everyone in identifying minerals! And, and, and..... they held a CP Drawing and gave away some amazing specimens!!!!! You guys are amazing. Colin contributed a LOT of time and effort dispersing tailings along my dam and that is greatly appreciated. Joshua was equally helpful in many ways (and very humorous) and I only wish he could have stayed longer. Same with Jason, Cara, Marsha, and Duke. Marsha and Timber have a solid bond and Duke is a giant teddy bear. I wanted to spend more time with you guys and I hope that we can in the future. I really wanted to send you home with some nice buckets of paydirt since Jason was under the weather! Crusty and I were the side-by-side highbanker team running dual bankers. I would have to say that was some pretty awesome teamwork my friend and your cooking is to die for!
Huge thanks to you all for being far beyond excellent guests and try to make plans for Labor Day weekend. worthy.gif worthy.gif
Anyway... we all took pics this time and this was a great adventure! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Add them to this thread, can't wait to see. I will add some soon. I didn't take a whole lot but have some worthy shots to add.
I held a little "Largest Garnet" contest through the week and I will post the results and prizes here, stay tuned!
You guys rule!
CP_Member.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Jul 7 2015, 06:26 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

Aww! Welcome home guys! Im glad y'all had fun.

+Quote Post
Yoda
post Jul 7 2015, 08:39 AM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 120,420

Swizz - thanks so much for having us. You are a kind soul with the heart of a natural biologist... I love that you have invested in so much knowledge about the flora and fauna around you. Don't sweat the pay dirt... my buckets are somewhere in there for Labor Day weekend, I promise you we have every intent on taking you up on the offer, and any future offers to come! In spite of my being sick kinda taking over the trip for me crutches.gif , I still had a great time meeting and talking with everybody, and ya'll made the lot of us welcomed like we were family, right down to Duke (and Timber was such a treat!) Nobody ever made me to feel like I was a hassle to have around or I was in the way, and I can't tell you how much that is appreciated. Our members are freakin' great people, we consider ourselves very lucky to have been included! I'd be proud to have the opportunity to work along side any of you on anything. CP_Member.gif
A special thank you for your birthday gift to Marsha, Swizz. You sure do know what to give an 11 year old! She is still learning the significance of having something so old, but every kid her age perks right up when you mention "lived with the dinosaurs." She had a great time too (well, around the episodes of giving the camp her drama child routine), and her first pan she accomplished alone with a flash of color is something that will never be taken away from her!

Now if her Mama would just catch up in the panning department... music037.gif (I'll be running and hiding now.) smiley-chores016.gif

--------------------
~Jason T (aka Yoda)

Zac Brown In Disguise?

CP Lifetime Member
Proud USAF Retiree
Referral Code: JT543

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Jul 7 2015, 11:51 AM
Post #4

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,890

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Spectacular Weekend Mr. Swizz and everyone that came. I can't say thank you enough. I learned a thing er two 'bout gold panning.

The most interesting thing I learned this past weekend, however, is that you can turn a gold miner into a crystal hounder, but you can't turn a crystal hounder into a gold miner. smiley-laughing021.gif I'd rather take my crystals and the process of which that entails... Dig, find crystals, go home. smiley-laughing021.gif Gold's processes are a bit much, test pan, fill a bucket with classified material, run said material through a sluice, then back in the pan, rinse and repeat... Sorry, my back can't handle that. It was great to learn everything, and I did manage to take home some gold/garnets (I'll have pics of those later on). Special thanks to Josh for taking some time to show me what to look for, how to set up, and a nice hands on panning lesson, & loaning me his waders. I appreciate it buddy

And now for some pics happy088.gif (Honestly didn't spend as much time taking pics as I wanted, ....huh, went prospecting on a prospecting trip.. happy112.gif )

Josh Panning
Attached Image

Attached Image

Mr. Swizz working hard
Attached Image

Attached Image

Camp time fun
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Colin

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
CloudyKitty
post Jul 7 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 120,453

I know I had a very 'interesting' method of panning my gold up there, Jason. But how can I learn my best method if I don't try new ones?

Colin has a point about panning vs. rock hounding. Maybe I'm a Rock Hound at heart? Hmm.... Something to consider for the next trip.... laugh.gif

That pic of those coals is pretty sweet. I can almost smell that heavenly pulled pork drifting through my nostrils again. Any chance we can have the recipe shared?

--------------------
Cara T. aka Cloudy Kitty
CP Lifetime Member
Wife of Yoda, Mama, Zoo Keeper, Barista

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jul 7 2015, 05:42 PM
Post #6

Here are the pics I took....

This is how the "Caveman Hole" looked upon arrival. Winter was kind to my caution tape. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
The west side of the hole had sluffed in during winter where Brandon and I had made a 2ft deep cut in the overburden last fall. smile.gif
20150702_114720 by swizz, on Flickr

We made short work of the collapsed overburden and got back to business.
20150705_095826 by swizz, on Flickr

Crusty's cache made it through winter well and much appreciated!
20150702_152520 by swizz, on Flickr

20150704_141915 by swizz, on Flickr

One of my claim neighbors came by to run material with us using a power sluice but his pump was DOA. So.... we improvised a solution!
Crusty and I each fed water to his power sluice via our auxiliary spray hoses. We used twigs and Gorilla Tape to git her done. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
20150705_094227 by swizz, on Flickr
20150705_094302 by swizz, on Flickr

Like this -
20150705_094623 by swizz, on Flickr

Success!
20150705_094559 by swizz, on Flickr

All systems running... this was our little processing plant.
Mine Highbankers by swizz, on Flickr

Some Bear tracks
Mine Bear Tracks by

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jul 7 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #7

Very tasty ribs courtesy of Yoda & Kitty!!!
20150704_192541 by swizz, on Flickr

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jul 7 2015, 06:00 PM
Post #8

Crusty provided some spectacular 4th of July fireworks with the .223!!! emoticon-object-018.gif biggrin.gif emoticon-object-018.gif
.223 night shot 2 by swizz, on Flickr

.223 handgun night shot by swizz, on Flickr

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jul 7 2015, 06:14 PM
Post #9

Also forgot to mention... we had two BLM Rangers stop by while we were running. They know me from the last visit and just stopped by to see if I'd had any trouble since then. No troubles. (generally, I take my mining related troubles to the Sheriff but had reported vandalism to a BLM owned gate on my claims a couple years ago). They stuck around for a lil bit and were impressed with our operation. One of the Rangers had mined with his family as a child and shared fond memories, it was a good visit! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Other surprises - An elderly disabled Veteran from a local small town came by one day with his grandkids and asked if he could swirl some pans to show the kids what Gold looks like in the pan. He got a big YES from me, stayed to pan for a little while, and managed to accomplish his goal for the day! happy.gif
The old boy told me that "back in the day" a miner had found a "fist sized nugget" there. jawdrop.gif

Could be true...... cool.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jul 7 2015, 08:23 PM
Post #10

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Fantastic weekend up until my transmission took a dump on the way home...

Haven't gotten to my pics yet, so more to follow!

Thanks for the hospitality Swizz; had a great weekend spent sharing a common interest with friends new and old!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Dave S.
post Jul 8 2015, 03:33 AM
Post #11

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 118,315

Thank you Swizz, for having us! That was an excellent outing! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I had a great time with everyone! Thank you all for the wonderful food as well!

Excited to see more of the pics! char098.gif

I only took a few pics myself. The only ones that turned out were these two pics of a large Red Dragonfly that did not want to leave my orange bucket lid alone. When I shooed him away he landed in my pan.

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Thankful member of COLORADO PROSPECTOR CLUB
Level 2 Joined Oct. 19th 2014 (pay member since Apr. 1st 2015)
Referral code: DS531

"Like a fine gemstone, the mind is more beautiful when it is open and free to receive the light
." - (Dave's ramblings 52 : 80 )

+Quote Post
CP
post Jul 8 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #12

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

SWEEEEET!!! extra_happy.gif Nice pics and reports everyone, keep em' comin' CP_Member.gif

Very sorry we missed out on this one for sure. kick_can.gif
Thanks to Chris for the invite once again, what an awesome adventure you all had! Super that the rangers even made a stop by and checked out everything with such positive feed back. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Exactly right Cara, you've got to try out new methods or ideas to know if it might work or not. smile.gif

Dang it Crusty, very sorry to hear the tranny went south on the way home, that stinks! Hope you can get it fixed right away without further issues too.

Thanks to Dave and Mike also for holding their own club members drawing during the outing too, very cool guys!! CP_Member.gif signs021.gif

Thought I could smell pulled pork and ribs while reading and looking at pics......mmmmmmmm smiley-clapping.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Jul 8 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #13

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,890

Welp Swizz, if I can get a ride back up there, looks like I got some free time (lost my job).... I'd like to reinforce that "hole," in the dam. (Considering I know where it is now, happy088.gif ) And/or, some other improvements to camp, IE, digging out tent spots, constructing a picnic table that seats 6+, dam reinforcement (stated already), stairs into hole, you know... craptastics that not ness. need to get done asap, but would get done sp (soon probably), if I was up there. biggrin.gif

Crusty - ...... .... ..... Wanna get me a ride when yer truck is fixed? (least we won't be pulling the trailer, smiley-laughing021.gif )

Caveman - (aka Stub, smiley-laughing021.gif ) .. .... ..... Wanna give me a ride up there since you missed the outing? (Give us a chance to meet in person and do some prospecting together) thumbsupsmileyanim.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif

Josh - Since we both got invites beyond the outing, wanna give me a ride? smiley-laughing021.gif

Colin

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
EMac
post Jul 8 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #14

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

Looks like a great trip; I too am sorry I missed it! It's great to see all the pics and to hear some of the stories; thanks!

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jul 8 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #15

Garnet Contest Results

Winner!! Mike S - 8.5mm
8.5mm Garnet by swizz, on Flickr

Runner Up! Colin - 6mm
6mm Garnet by swizz, on Flickr

Prizes
Winner gets choice of either... runner up gets the other

Dreamtime Smokey Combo
Dreamtime Smokey Combo by swizz, on Flickr

Sphalerite Quartz Combo (this mineral glows orange under UV)
Sphalerite Quartz Combo by swizz, on Flickr

CONGRATULATIONS!!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:59 AM