ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buying land in colorado- advice needed please :)
Colorado Roots
post Dec 28 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 139,420

I have always wanted to homestead in the mountians.

I have slowly been moving farther and farther out into the woods and i now live in the "sticks" on the coosa river near the alabama/ga state line and LOVE it.

I am looking for opinions of areas that are pretty lax on building codes or requirements...

I want as little govt interference as possible.

If i want to build a teepee, or build a new home addition, i dont want the county knocking on my door...etc

What areas can i gem hunt/ prospect and still live "free"?

I have found +/- 40ac tracts for +/- 100k here and there... and of course before I settle down to buy I will have to do my due diligence on County codes Etc but in your opinion where would you buy? Where is the areas for the best deal?

I don't necessarily have to be close to town.

My wife is a registered nurse and it would be nice to find an area with a hospital or similar office where she can work as an RN within a reasonable travel distance, or even a hospice care center or doing "home health".

Advice? Tips? Things to look for? Things to watch out for?

(I know water is a big one)

It would be nice to find a chuck of land that I could leisurely do some digging around on or just panning with the youngin on the off days without having to travel to a claim or public lands...

Thank you so much for your time!

Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:34 PM