ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rigging/Carrying Solutions
EMac
post Jul 25 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 117,949

Hello everyone,

I did some searching, but didn't see anything of this sort out there on this forum (or I'm blind which is definitely possible...if so, apologies for creating a new thread).

I'm curious what solutions folks have come up with for carrying equipment to/from a car to the water. I'd like to be able to carry my gold cube with banker, battery, pans, shovels and my personal bag of water and food all in one trip. I'm considering a hand truck with bungie cords, but before I start buying things, want to see what other ideas might be out there.

I have a 4 door sedan car that I'm quite fond of (i.e. it's staying) or a motorcycle, so a large cart would not work for me.

Thanks,
Eric

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dypheron
post Jul 25 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 52,528

Personally I like to use a green duffle bag as it allows me to stack classifiers, pans, buckets, etc rather nicely and it only weighs a few pounds allowing for hand carry. I'll fill a back pack with all of my other stuff like food/water and strap my sluice on one side with a small shovel on the other. Not sure if a gold cube would fit in a duffel but it might work for you.

--------------------
Life goes by so fast/You only wanna do what you think is right/Close your eyes and it's past/Story of my life - Mike Ness

+Quote Post
EMac
post Jul 25 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

Good thought, but I have the same concern with the GC fitting. I imagine I could take a hybrid idea, get a small duffel or chop one in half and mount it to a hand truck just above where the GC would sit.

Has anyone used the <$30 shopping carts with any luck over rough terrain? Do they hold up?

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:17 AM