ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Prospectors" TV Show Back!
swizz
post Dec 15 2014, 02:21 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Dec 15 2014, 12:02 PM) *
The More You Know, do do do do

LOLOL!!!
Actually, I can never count on TWC's scheduling. If there's severe weather somewhere they interrupt scheduled programming for hours, I hate that.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Dec 15 2014, 02:40 PM
Post #17

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

QUOTE (swizz @ Dec 15 2014, 01:21 PM) *
LOLOL!!!
Actually, I can never count on TWC's scheduling. If there's severe weather somewhere they interrupt scheduled programming for hours, I hate that.

Right! Deleted many non-exsistent recorded episodes!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Dec 15 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #18

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 41,357

Oh, yeah. Been there!

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
World Traveler, 7 Continent Walker
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER
Referral Code: SE2104

+Quote Post
swizz
post Dec 16 2014, 07:27 AM
Post #19

I don't have a DVR anymore but Xfinity stores it in their On Demand feature... it doesn't get preempted by weather there. happy088.gif no commercials either.
I watched first episode of the season last night. I know the claim jumper stuff sounds all dramatic but as a claim owner it gets me fired up watching it. I don't think their anger and disgust was exaggerated. I'd be pissed too.
Love watching the Dorris family, man they get into some good stuff! My favorite is the guy with the wolf dog who found and donated that massive crystal on behalf of his deceased brother. Very good guy and awesome to follow, great sense of humor too. Unfortunately he wasn't in this episode. Hope he's back for the season.
I have the second episode queued up. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
lostnewb
post Dec 16 2014, 08:28 AM
Post #20

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 91,383

QUOTE (swizz @ Dec 16 2014, 06:27 AM) *
I don't have a DVR anymore but Xfinity stores it in their On Demand feature... it doesn't get preempted by weather there. happy088.gif no commercials either.
I watched first episode of the season last night. I know the claim jumper stuff sounds all dramatic but as a claim owner it gets me fired up watching it. I don't think their anger and disgust was exaggerated. I'd be pissed too.
Love watching the Dorris family, man they get into some good stuff! My favorite is the guy with the wolf dog who found and donated that massive crystal on behalf of his deceased brother. Very good guy and awesome to follow, great sense of humor too. Unfortunately he wasn't in this episode. Hope he's back for the season.
I have the second episode queued up. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Without and spoilers you get to see him in the second episode.

--Chris

--------------------
--Chris

01101100 01100101 01110100 01110011 00100000 01100111 01101111 00100000 01101101 01101001 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100001 00100001

+Quote Post
swizz
post Dec 17 2014, 06:20 AM
Post #21

Saw 2nd episode last night, excellent. The Cardwell family is extremely interesting too, very good history up there regarding the road his family built and all the claims they still have. Pretty neat to see an excavator way up there.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Marine
post Dec 29 2014, 09:22 AM
Post #22

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 118,209

Be aware of those who are on the show druming up "Drama" with wild claims - "Claim Jumpers are stealing from me" - Please note/see attached publicly available documents (note the Date/time stamp is from BLM public records).

The Orange paint (from 2013) and Red Paint (over the orange - Red Paint from 2014) - was actually locator paint for the property owner to have location evidence filmed just as the Film crew filmed in 2012 where "Claim jumping" was done on the Cardwell's Claims by the same individual.

All documents attached are public documents available either at Chaffee County Court or BLM records.

All the others on the show seem to be very above board and all except the "Claim jumper" have all their mining permits, reclamation bonds, etc, etc, etc completed according to the public records available at:

http://drmsweblink.state.co.us/drmsweblink...rch.aspx?dbid=0 search and review Permit Numbers: M2014*

you will see the public record for M2014032 and status: Denied.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Affidavit_Judgment_Amanda_Adkins_Chaffee_County.pdf ( 173.46K ) Number of downloads: 1347
Attached File  Order_granting_Motion_Judgment_Amanda_Adkins_Chaffee_County.pdf ( 117.72K ) Number of downloads: 515

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Dec 29 2014, 10:56 AM
Post #23

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Interesting... I'm surprised TWC is aware of this and still used these segments for the show. Good evidence for someone to use in court if this is indeed them mining on an established claim.

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Dec 29 2014, 01:07 PM
Post #24

She needs a good spankin. whip.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Dec 29 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #25

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

QUOTE (swizz @ Dec 29 2014, 12:07 PM) *
She needs a good spankin.

She needs a CP Club Membership.
If I remember correctly after the first season the BLM came after all of them except the Dorris family for not following laws and regulations.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 29 2014, 06:54 PM
Post #26

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I agree Mike!!
happy112.gif

Thank you for the update Marine, good to have you around the forums. We take pride here in respecting and understanding ownership and this is an example. Good to see your standing up for what is yours and hopefully this will help others understand better with your postings.

Our main goal here is to help prospectors/miners understand the importance of research “BEFORE” heading out into the field. By learning the proper way to research one can use this information to re verify land status…including those from invites. Many people might have just “trusted” that this person (named persons) would have done the research properly and have happily headed out to this location with them! One should re verify any ones information, or they too could end up in a bad situation. stop.gif

Kind of ironic that when this show (casting personnel) contacts Dan and myself , they always get the same reply but we never hear back from them till next casting interest. Our reply pretty much tells them that we could help them show it in a more realistic light but without the drama and greed part…extra emphasis on how important the research part is before heading out there. research.gif info_grin.gif That way viewers could get a more realistic feel of what it takes to do this kind of thing. Looks to me like the information they didn’t see value in, that we (Colorado Prospector) had to offer could now bite them.

I have never watched the show, only hear about it from what’s posted on the forums here. Sure is different to hear the more realistic side to this reality show though, just wish it was in a better light. Shame because it could have been with some proper research ahead of time.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Dec 29 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #27

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

What a bummer. Named persons could have saved everyone lots of time and money with a $4 land status map. The property mentioned by Marine is clearly marked as private property. It is not only mineral trespass but trespassing as well. That includes the film crew. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
swizz
post Dec 30 2014, 06:14 AM
Post #28

Pretty sure land status research doesn't make for a good show or sell commercials. wink.gif Frankly I wish all of these shows would at least touch on it. Not a high possibility.
It would be nice however if TWC would dedicate at least one episode to Amanda's legal foibles, or just remove them from the series. They are the antithesis of legitimate prospecting. Pretty sure that she and her hubby are the only ones tainting the show. Dirtbags, TWC should know better. On top of the obvious charges it shouldn't be difficult for the claim/property owner(s) to sue them for estimated mineral losses since it is well archived and documented in the series. Very smart of the owner to mark with the orange paint, super strong case. They bragged up and inflated the value of every gem they yanked from there, and televised it in HD. They're toast.... unless TWC is footing the bills. They very well may be, just to keep her on the show. She has a following... but certainly doesn't deserve it anymore. Booooo!
That being said, I can still enjoy the show for what it's worth. Some of the finds are spectacular and I really like a few of the characters. Plus, it's a treat to see it filmed in our state. The show would be fine without Amanda. Find someone to replace her that knows what they are doing and (especially) is actually a legal prospector.
I would also settle for... watching her and hubby getting destroyed in court for mineral trespass. order.gif Would be an awesome episode! eating-popcorn-03.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Dec 30 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #29

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

I'm with Swizz. Kinda. Sorta. Not really. I mean, this whole charade is giving prospectors like us a bad rap. However, Chris can have Amanda. AFAIC she's, well, uhhh, compared to mining...I'll just shut up. How does that sound? smiley-laughing021.gif

Seriously though, Dan and Denise and a few others may recall a few years back when I was mapping some of the "unauthorized two-tracks" in an agreement with the USFS as well as a few other chores in the general vicinity of Mts. Antero/White/Princeton etc. and some of the folks I met up there are not just a few fries short of a happy meal, but armed as well.

Something about wearing a USFS hat and staring down the barrel of some old coots 12 gauge because he's too stupid to understand that his so-called private road is really a USFS system road AND county road (shared jurisdiction) and he also does not own the land surrounding the road. Long story short, people get really really weird up there and it's unnerving that they have even a pencil & paper in their hands, not to mention firearms.

Along those lines, I know the Quiet Use Coalition did a lot of damage to roads that prospectors used to access their claims, nothing unfixable, however those eco-terrorists weren't exactly obeying the law. Claim holders were, QUC wasn't, USFS was looking the other way, and I know first hand you cannot expect the Chaffee county sheriff to do much if anything. QUC made several outright physical threats of harm to USFS personnel (myself and several full-timers), the USFS warned them and the CCSO was essentially choking their chickens over it. That is when I started packing heat when I was out there alone. But alas that was almost a decade ago.

Another thing that I think is in CP's archives is a dredge theft in the upper BV area, and I saw that same dredge days later on someone elses' trailer in BV. Had pics, too. I was advised, IIRC here in CP, to tell the sheriff. When I did, Tim Walker, sheriff at the time, asked me what did I expect him to do about it, and when I told him the sequence of events that led up to me calling him, he then advised me to keep my nose out of it, or else. That was, IIRC, before a serious event CP & D are aware of for me there, and I still think that has something to do with how that later incident played out.

Had TWC and Amanda used their heads none of the crap would have gone the direction it did.

One other thing- I'm saying this stuff with the full knowledge the CCSO, BLM, USFS, and QUC are reading this very stuff on this site. And I bet Amanda and TWC are as well (hint to Chris, ya naughty boi!) smiley-laughing021.gif

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
swizz
post Dec 30 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Dec 30 2014, 11:19 AM) *
And I bet Amanda and TWC are as well (hint to Chris, ya naughty boi!) smiley-laughing021.gif

Possibly. It would be refreshing to get a response from them regarding their alleged illegal exploits but if it's in litigation I wouldn't expect to hear much from either party.
Naughty? Ya, I still think she's a cutie. blush.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:09 PM