ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Drilling for pockets?
jimmyrig
post Jul 5 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 132,619

Has anyone ever attempted to use a 4ft bit to drill for pockets? I understand power tools are prohibited on public land. Just theoretical. Say I have a 4ft diamond bit and a 1/4" endoscope and a 20v max hammer drill

--------------------
James
Member Since 06/2017
Referral JB748
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Woody
post Jul 11 2017, 08:14 AM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 15,615

" I did use my scope to investigate up a couple tubes. Was fun and did work well, just no Topaz..."

Well Jimmyrig, now you just reminded me of a couple of places that your scoping technic would be awesome. I've found two places that I used a stick and raked material back out of a hole in the rock.
The crevasse/hole/tube was big enough to stick my entire arm in. With my stick, I was able to get in about 4 feet. Some of the crystals I got out was the best I have ever found as far as clarity goes. I'll
have to link up with you sometime and give you some coordinates.

This "Pink" crystal came out of a smaller hole. I had to use a much shorter stick but still could not see the end of it. Both times I left with the feeling there was more still in the hole. We will have to
discuss this over a beer sometime. Woody

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member
(currently working hard in the procurement department)

+Quote Post
jimmyrig
post Jul 13 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 132,619

Nice! I'm sure there is more where that came from in those holes. I have found some interesting (and scary) things with my endoscope. A little lizard will put the fear of godzilla in you through a small camera...

QUOTE (Woody @ Jul 11 2017, 09:14 AM) *
" I did use my scope to investigate up a couple tubes. Was fun and did work well, just no Topaz..."

Well Jimmyrig, now you just reminded me of a couple of places that your scoping technic would be awesome. I've found two places that I used a stick and raked material back out of a hole in the rock.
The crevasse/hole/tube was big enough to stick my entire arm in. With my stick, I was able to get in about 4 feet. Some of the crystals I got out was the best I have ever found as far as clarity goes. I'll
have to link up with you sometime and give you some coordinates.

This "Pink" crystal came out of a smaller hole. I had to use a much shorter stick but still could not see the end of it. Both times I left with the feeling there was more still in the hole. We will have to
discuss this over a beer sometime. Woody

--------------------
James
Member Since 06/2017
Referral JB748

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:00 AM