ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Brand New, New rockhound
Rockninja
post May 29 2017, 07:23 AM
Post #1

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 131,349

Hi, I'm a new rockhound. I know nothing about it but I am highly interested in learning. I am reading all sorts of good info on the web and definitely from this site. I am visiting Colorado, I'm from Ohio. I want to explore and look for some nice rocks maybe some minerals. Where would you guys suggest a new rockound go to explore and find stuff on the surface maybe. I don't really wsnt to dig because i don't know laws well enough here. I'm in Pike's Peak area. I'm willing to travel so anything in Colorado would be awesome.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CP
post May 29 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Rockninja, welcome to the forums! Make yourself right at home browsing around too, we have tons of info to help you get started in the field on the right track.

You'll want to definitely check out the "Small Scale Mining, truths or myths" thread found in the Valuable references section of the forum.

Another good one that could help you find some open land to prospect/collect on would be the "How do I Avoid Claim Jumping" thred found pinned in this section (Prospectors and Rockhounding Field work) pinned at the top.....has some good tips to help out anyone in the field.

Good luck out there and welcome to the world of prospecting too, it's a blast in Colorado with all the possible finds around the state.
sign0016.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:36 AM