ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
COLORADO DIAMOND PROSPECTING, Colorado has diamond deposits, you just need to look...
Bennie
post Dec 19 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #31

Shovel Buster!

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,517

sometimes people make mistakes even county clerks ,as they givin me the wrong page's on these claims ,

also due to the camping and fishing symbols on all of my road map's, I made the assumption that the bottom lake was unclaimable just like the bottom Creedmore Lakes were

Its not a "recreation area" even though there is many campsites on both sides of the lake and the maps say "picnick area" even your map does , my atlas had fishing symbols on this lake lol

Im sorry Astrobleme , I didnt know it was claimed and even claimable for that matter , im sorry , i would of never been there had i been furnished the correct information

it will not happen again , im a busy bee and i will be buzzing new areas

im sorry for reacting the way I did there tonko ,

Hausel said your a nice guy , this was a misunderstanding to boot , i was wrong

also i would like to see a clearer picture of that diamond, in the picture it resembled a tan chlorite, the picture is aweful dark though
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 19 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #32

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

QUOTE (Bennie @ Dec 19 2008, 06:24 PM) *
sometimes people even county clerks make mistakes aswhell ,as they givin me the wrong page's on these claims ,

also due to the camping and fishing symbols on all of my road map's I made the assumption that the bottom lake was unclaimable just like the bottom Creedmore Lakes were

Its not a "recreation area" even though there is many campsites on both sides of the lake and the maps say "picnick area" even your map does , my atlas had fishing symbols on this lake lol

Im sorry Astrobleme , I didnt know it was claimed and even claimable for that matter , im sorry , i would of never been there had i been furnished the correct information

it will not happen again , im a busy bee and i aint buzzin near your holdings ever again

im sorry for reacting the way I did there tonko ,

Hausel said your a nice guy , this was a misunderstanding that blew out of perportion , sorry ,

also i would like to see a clearer picture of that diamond in the picture it resembled a tan chlorite, the picture is aweful dark though

Dear Bennie:

I ACCEPT YOUR APPOLOGY and thank you for being forthcoming about the problem. Let’s hope that others can learn from this example.

When you talk with Dan, please pass along my regards.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
amethystguy
post Dec 21 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #33

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 6,819

cool cool you guys keep on posting some good info because I have been learning a lot. Thanks

--------------------
Amethystguy cometh and the amethystguy taketh away

+Quote Post
Bennie
post Dec 22 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #34

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (amethystguy @ Dec 12 2008, 08:12 PM) *
I also like the fact that trees tend to not like that type of ground. I had no idea of that. Is that generally the same for all over the world with pipes? Cool keep these post coming. Good read

Trees dont like to grow into these pipes , I believe it to be a response from the tree , not wanting to set roots in the magnetic and conductive soils , I have seen baby trees growing in pipes but I Imagine the blue clays blended with the country grus to make a tolerable soil when these were setting roots(see attatched photo). Worldwide there is trees that do grow in pipes and its reported that some of these orchards are much lusher and green that the surrounding Trees , Probibly due to the high micro-nutrient content of these eroding blue clays. I dont believe the trees Cant Grow in kimberlite , I Believe it to be true that the trees just dont want to, but when tricked into growing in it , they grow great (notice the large tree bigger than all the others and the 2 baby trees all growing in a wheathered pipe)

I believe it to be forseeable that trees can grow in pipes , under rare unknown circumstances trees can be tricked into setting roots.
but Trees in general dont want to grow in it and they generally dont. but they could grow in it (see attached image) , I believe if theyre tricked into planting roots , theyll like it , and grow in it

Cool Stuff , hope this answered your question Jason ...

These pipes can be found under mountains under valleys and even under lakes ,

I estimate that Lake anomolies in general make up less than 8% of known kimberlites world wide.
as far as lakes , there has been a number of these lakes anomolies discovered in canada in recent years ,Some of these lakes are now world class Diamond Mines , and these lakes had very rich kimberlite but is burried under 50- 100 meters of unmine-able kimberlite, some examples of these lakes that are recieving a bunch of attention in canada are ; SnapLake ,KirklandLakes ,PellattLakes ,Wekusko Lakes ,Contwoyto Lakes ,small lake ,Smile Lake ,Mud Lake ,Whitefish Lake , and others , based of some of the field reports reguarding these Canadian lakes , I have a neutral opinion on the colorado lake anomolies, some cases were destinctly simmilar to Canada some werent.
These Colorado anomolies 10 miles South Of The State-Line District Could Be Great Sites , the likleyhood a collector would find anything is near impossible, and most if not all of these Lakes are claimed and off limits in that capacity , Diamonds when mined are found by bulk loads by the metric tons or tonnes and ore grades are calculated by the 100 metric tons or 100 tonnes , ore grades for commerrcial mining vary anywhere 35.CPHT's-300+CPHT's (carats per hundred tonnes) . Hausel wrote "even the richest deposits , diamond is less than 1 part per million"

as a personal request to anyone reading , please dont vandalize claims , or act on anything im posting , this is soley for educational purposes to those who want to learn a little about kimberlites and how to identify them ,

Im writing a great How To Book ; on how to find and identify kimberlites and even help you prove out an kimberlite or unconventional host rock in the field !!! .
should make for some interesting reading to say the least , when completed I hope to get her published iin the future
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
amethystguy
post Dec 22 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #35

Shovel Buster!

Do you guys have a specific book or reference material to check out regarding finding, identifying, and mining diamond deposits? I thought about getting Elrich & Hausel's book. I already have 2 or 3 books about diamonds but I want something more specific, more atuned to what I said. Any suggestiuons?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bennie
post Dec 22 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #36

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (amethystguy @ Dec 22 2008, 12:14 PM) *
Do you guys have a specific book or reference material to check out regarding finding, identifying, and mining diamond deposits?

the world of diamond deposits is a very secerative world , there is little spoken of the techniques and ways they find deposits and even less information on mining Feasability and Evaluation techniques reguarding Kimberlite , Most of which can and are done out in the field .

heres some of the Best Books ive found on the subject >>>>(see attached photos)<<<<

Hausel has a new book to be Released 2009 and will be readily available on amazon.com (see attached photos) that ones suppose to have a bunch of diamond info and other gem occurances , should be a good one
theres also a title I need to get called "Barren Lands" I hear its a Good Find too
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
russau
post Dec 23 2008, 05:09 AM
Post #37

russau

Member No.: 43

id like to read/aquire your book when its done! please let us know.

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 27 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #38

Rock Bar!

Hello Everyone:

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

The State Line Mining District where I have the diamond claims staked is related to an impact crater-like formation called the Virginia Dale Ring Dike Structure. The remnant ring dike rims that are still visible create a crater like expression at least 12 miles across. This structure has similar characteristics to the larger Vredefort Ring in South Africa. Several diamond mines had been developed around the Vredefort Ring long before it was confirmed as an impact crater. As yet, I have been unable to find firm evidence of impact at Virginia Dale but interestingly, the old Kelsey Lake diamond mine sits squarely in one of the rings!

It was amazing to me to see the kimberlite pipes emplaced into the deep granite crust west of Fort Collins and I was curious as to why it occurred there and not everywhere else that there was an ancient thick granite crust. I've developed a theory that diamonds were being brought up by the ancient impacts of large meteorites/comets and I have mapped many diamond areas around the globe that were located within or near impact craters. My thinking is that the over-pressure put upon the crust during an asteroid or comet impact has allowed for kimberlite magma to be ejected through the crater ring "cracks" generated as a result from a reflex shock wave generated during the hyper-velocity impact. I would say it is kind of like putting your finger tightly to an orange peel and watching the juice "erupt" from the skin. Kimberlite emplacement is always from deep sources and it is fast and quick...not prolonged like normal volcanism. As it turns out, the Russians had also observed this phenomenon and have made diamond discoveries near craters within the past few decades. The Virginia Dale Precambrian Ring-Dike Complex was first recognized by W. A. Braddock in 1962. In 1968, D. H. Eggler researched the structure and wrote his thesis on his findings. In 1970, R. S. Wing and L. F. Dellwig thought the structure may have had an influence on the Ferris-Aultman and other known Paleozoic age diatremes in the State Line vicinity.

Many scientists had dismissed the potential for meteorite/comet creation of the Vredefort Ring. The same thing has happened with Virginia Dale, in my opinion. Please consider my advice here...if you are prospecting an area near a known impact crater, I'd suggest that you also look for diamonds that may be associated with the crater. If the initial impact didn't bring diamonds to the surface, the resulting fractures in the granite may have allowed for later intrusive events to find a way up to the surface. In fact, many kimberlite pipes have shown multiple emplacements within the same diatreme. This makes sampling even more important since some parts of the pipe are too lean yet other intrusions have plenty of diamonds. Here's a USGS photo that I touched up with the ring dikes as related to the Kelsey Lake diamond mine.

Attached Image

I recently recommended a book to a poster that isn’t so much a prospecting guide but rather it is a scientific monograph devoted to diamond bearing rocks. The book is titled Kimberlites, Orangeites, and Related Rocks by Roger Howard Mitchell of Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada. It was published by Plenum Press and I think it is a great resource. The book summarizes much of what has been held “secret” for so long and it is a must have for anyone serious about finding diamonds. My copy ran about $200 US a few years ago so if you can find a good condition used copy, that may be the way to go. I hope that the information I've provided here is of some value to you.

Sincerely,

Johnny Tonko

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
amethystguy
post Dec 27 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #39

Shovel Buster!

Can you look for shocked quartz to determine if there was an impact? Well, I guess it would have been so long ago that most of the sign would have eroded away. good read Mr. tonko

--------------------

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 28 2008, 12:56 PM
Post #40

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (amethystguy @ Dec 27 2008, 08:42 PM) *
Can you look for shocked quartz to determine if there was an impact? Well, I guess it would have been so long ago that most of the sign would have eroded away. good read Mr. tonko

So much erosion has occured in the publicly accessible locations that I haven't been able to collect any shocked quartz specimens. Perhaps there are some remaining on the private lands but I don't have access into those areas.

JT

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
Bennie
post Dec 29 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #41

Shovel Buster!

thats some interesting concepts there JT ,

In the Kelsey Lake Area, "there are atleast 5 major Faults which help controll the location of the pipes" (Eggler and others) .
many other pipes throughout the district are ON or near major faults,
An excellent Documented Example Are the sloan 1&2 Kimberlites in colorado, where these pipes are situated ON the "copper king fault" and ON the "prairie divide fault "

throughout the district a good portion of all Anomolys are Fault controlled pipes , when looking for kimberlites, "im looking for kimberlite" lol , im looking for where it escaped. and where it came out the ground and can be found , im looking for all or any clues to help find them , I tend to stay looking around favorable precambrian basemented areas , Faults In Precambrian Basements are favorable terraines to host kimberlites , and are good places to look...
theres Millions's of faults to be investigated in these precambrian areas ,,,

Also some areas of these precambrian outcrops are host to hot springs and gold and platinum group mineralization and other anomolys and or subductions, which make portions unfavorable to host a kimberlite , like southern colorado the (AKA the gold rush ,Southern Colorado!!!),
But its all about the Kimberlite Intrusive , where did it pop out at , then Diamond Feasability and the possibility commercial mining is definatley another can of worms so to speak

most people wouldnt be able to identify a kimberlite , even Chronic and Ferris in 1960 when they discovered Both the ferris and aultman kimberlites in wyoming (which are private and owned) they didnt know it was a kimberlite ,they did notice lower paleozoic carbonates surrounded by precambrian the granite , discovered by chronic and Ferris in 1960 and identified as a kimberlite by McCallum in 1964
these anomolys apear to be partially fault controlled aswell as many kimberlites worldwide .

I found an interesting youtube video along with this picture which will kind of explain favorable terraines for diamonds this video is GREAT 1!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDqskltCixA now find the stablest and Oldest portions of the craton and look for an destinctly different intrusion there LOL

colorado can have kimberlites simmiliar to Africa and Australia and geochemmically tested some do ...

thanks for letting me contribute , if you wanna read anything else I authored youll have to wait til I complete my project - But I will let you all know

Thanks for reading and watching

Bennie

(photo courtesy of Dan Hausel)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
amethystguy
post Dec 29 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #42

Shovel Buster!

Did any of you guys ever sluice "down stream" or in the drainage basin of these kimberlite areas? Didn't I read somewhere that 1000's of feet of overlay in that area had eroded away which would include the kimberlite pipes. That would make for areas of high concentrations of loose diamonds in gravels and stream beds. Another question why is there an absence of "yellow ground"? Is the kimberlite not decayed enough? thanks
jason
amguy

--------------------

+Quote Post
CP
post Dec 29 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #43

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Sure seems like a good idea Jason! happy088.gif

The impact theroy has me just fascinated! Thanks for the input Johnny. I can see how many folks in the public would have a real hard time with the whole scale of the theroy......an impact so severe that life on the planet probably changed dramatically and may well have caused the earths crust to crack (shock waves) possibly setting off dormant or un-erupted volcanos for hundreds of miles around the impact and then of course causing magmatic eruptions through the created faults. WHAT A SHOW THAT MUST HAVE BEEN!
atomic.gif
Then try to imagine on top of all this that when the impact occured, Colorado was, more than likely, completely underwater as well as not having the Rocky mountains evolution at that time, or at least not as they stand today or even close. WHEW!
I find the theroy not only fascinating but very fesable and I bet in a short time there will be some histroy re-written from the new impact studies recently undertaken by several researchers. TOO COOL! cool.gif

I smell smoke and me ears are hot!! wacko.gif chin.gif laugh.gif

Good stuff!

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Bennie
post Dec 29 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #44

Shovel Buster!

as far as diamond bearing kimberlites in the stateline district go ,
lets go off facts ok

fact is all these kimberlites are found in an Archean portion of the Craton , Like everywhere else in the world that diamondifferious kimberlites are found . and these are a intrusions in this solid basement.

a volcanoe would burn a diamond up , a kimberlite freezez and isnt Molten hot , the second a diamond was Forged its frozen and preserved and within seconds kimberlite is transported to the surphase a frozen mass that thaws and then erodes , full of mantle rocks and misc specimens preserved in the kimberlite its undeniable the heat it takes to make a diamond but its undesputable at that temperature that shortly after the crystal is created it can be graphitized (burnt) .

as i posted before , when kimberlite erodes it releases acids and it disolves everything in it except diamond leaving a clay with other colored clays in it

WATCH THAT VIDEO 2 POSTS UP , you can see the kimberlites bieng made, CARBON DATING PROVES these pipes in colorado and wyoming to be between 200 and 800 million years old in age Coincidentally created at the same time these cratons were bouncing around which did infact happen, this is the best example i can give you as far as the creation and formation of diamond and kimberlites =Watch the videoArchean CRATONS

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 29 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #45

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (Bennie @ Dec 29 2008, 05:26 PM) *
"a volcanoe would burn a diamond up , a kimberlite freezez and isnt Molten hot , the second a diamond was Forged its frozen and preserved and within seconds kimberlite is transported to the surphase a frozen mass that thaws and then erodes , full of mantle rocks and misc specimens preserved in the kimberlite its undeniable the heat it takes to make a diamond but its undesputable at that temperature that shortly after the crystal is created it can be graphitized (burnt) ."

Dear Bennie:

I am totally in agreement on the kimberlite "freeze" process. The currently accepted theory is that the large content of carbon dioxide gas trapped within the kimberlite starts acting as a cooling agent when the pressure is released. Some of the diatreme walls I've seen at State Line don't show an alteration from heat like is found in volcanic activity.

My thinking is that once the pipe gets shot up from an impact over-pressure event on the crust, the fast moving kimberlite magma looses pressure as it breaks the surface and the carbon dioxide turns to gas. This pressure drop "freezes" the pipe. Super fast emplacement and if conditions were right, diamonds can be carried up and preserved in the process.

Impacts have been responsible for some kimberlite emplacement around the globe, but not all. At State Line, I am just saying that it sure looks to me like an ancient impact kicked off the process. There have been at least two major intrusive events in some selected pipes. Perhaps the initial ring-dike creation was from impact and the other intrusions were from subduction melting or other gaseous events.

Johnny T.

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
11 User(s) are reading this topic (11 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:00 PM