ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

where to prospect around Grand Junction, Where to prospect around Grand Junction
BETCHAMAN
post Jan 2 2007, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 820

I'm new to the Grand Junction area (and Colorado) and would like to get some ideas of where to prospect for gold in the Grand Junction/North Western part of Colorado. Pan/Sluice/MD.
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
goldfinger
post Jan 16 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 876

i also live in Grand Junction, there is a place just outside of Delta about 10 miles west towards Grand Junction. If you take Highway 50 East of the Grand Junction you will be looking for road sign called Rattlesnake Gulch you want to turn right there. If you're trying to go while the road is wet you will need a 4 Wheel Drive. Follow the road to the bottom of the hill and continue on the road through the big mud pit after that you will see where the road crosses the rare road tracks as soon as you cross the tracks go to the left follow that about half of a mile till the road ends and you will see where everyone has been digging. The gold there is fine but I've heard of some small match head sized nuggets coming from their. The other place you can go as close to Grand Junction is about 12 miles south of Gateway on the river. GPS coordinates are 33.32 North and 54.06 West that is dead center of the claim you will need to be a GPA a member to go to that one. I hope this helps. If you ever need anyone to go with you can e-mail me at lwillow@bresnan.net

wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:55 AM