ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Prospectors" TV Show Back!
Goldman
post Feb 6 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #71

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 119,732

Hmmmm.... I'm done flabergasted [ I know I spelled that wrong, m-kay?] over all drama surrounding this woman. http://gazette.com/actress-fountain-police...article/1500817 Wasn't this her mining partner in the first season or 2? It sure nuff looks like him. I think more than claim jumping is going on! Maybe if her and Travis don't work out she can hire me as her new "mining partner." Just kiddin folks. I have never had one problem wit the law, and it seems like she stays in the courts. But Can I just say HOLY SMOKES on Rich's finds last episode. That MAN never cease to impress and amaze me! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Feb 7 2015, 07:17 AM
Post #72

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Goldman @ Feb 6 2015, 02:40 PM) *
Hmmmm.... I'm done flabergasted [ I know I spelled that wrong, m-kay?] over all drama surrounding this woman. [website removed] Wasn't this her mining partner in the first season or 2? It sure nuff looks like him. I think more than claim jumping is going on! Maybe if her and Travis don't work out she can hire me as her new "mining partner." Just kiddin folks. I have never had one problem wit the law, and it seems like she stays in the courts. But Can I just say HOLY SMOKES on Rich's finds last episode. That MAN never cease to impress and amaze me! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yep. Confirmed. I've done seen a lot better. I think Hillary Clinton's better looking than that girl. Bleech!

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
Gene Kooper
post May 27 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #73

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 120,476

With regard to the patented claims discussed in Marine's January 19, 2015 post, I would like to add a caution to not solely rely upon the record information for the location of patented mining claims. Mineral survey No. 19925 includes three lode claims. The approved plat and field notes show that each lode claim is tied to a nearby rectangular survey corner (i.e. section corner). I have some familiarity with the survey work and record information for Sur. No. 19926 as shown on the BLM's Land Status Records. The problem is that the positions of the claims WRT to the section corner is in error by approx. 300 feet. The BLM Land Status Records (Master and/or Supplemental Title Plats) do not always accurately show the position of patented mineral lands. After a claimant registers their claim with the BLM, the BLM usually conducts a cursory check to see that the claim's discovery (as best as they can determine from the claimant's location certificate) is located on ground open for mineral entry.

That does not excuse the "prospector's" trespass onto private land in any way!!

Being a recent member of the forum, I've taken the opportunity to peruse some of the topics on this forum. I am pleased that folks stress the importance of research before wandering out and digging holes. While researching the record information available at the BLM Public Room is important, having a familiarity with the area is also important. I am new here and don't wish for folks to think that a land surveyor must or should be involved in the research and location of mining claims. However, if you are hauling out tens of thousands of dollars in aquamarine on national TV all the while cursing those damned claim jumpers stealing money from your kids' mouths, you might want to spend a bit more time proving up the validity of your claim.

[edited the first paragraph for clarity]

+Quote Post
Denise
post May 28 2015, 06:52 AM
Post #74

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Thanks for the great information Gene and welcome to the CP forums. sign0016.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Gene Kooper
post May 28 2015, 10:07 AM
Post #75

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 120,476

Oops, I should have looked more closely at the map prepared by SouthWest Land Surveying that Marine posted on page 2 before posting late at night from memory (do you have an old geezer smilie?). The surveyor's map shows that the SE Cor. of Sec. 23, T51N, R6E is approx. 600 feet west and 200 feet north of where the topo map shows the corner to be. The surveyors' map shows that he found Cors. Nos. 1 and 2 of the California Lode (south side line), Cor. No. 2 of the White Rock Extension (SE Cor.) and the SE Cor. of Sec. 23. The error wasn't in the tie to the section corner but rather the erroneous depiction of the section lines on the topo quad.

When I was told about the survey, I thought the error lied with where the BLM showed MS 19925 to be, not with the erroneous position of the section lines on the topo quad. I've run into that problem several times.

I uploaded the official mineral survey plat. It shows the mining improvements on the lodes and the aliquot lines of the SW-1/4 of Sec. 23 that match those shown on the SouthWest Land Surveying map. The mining improvements shown on the topo quad match the locations on the MS plat.

[attachment=8120:MS19925_Plat.pdf]

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Jun 25 2015, 07:48 AM
Post #76

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

Welcome to the forum! I think you'll fit in well here!

+Quote Post
Marine
post Aug 15 2015, 05:33 PM
Post #77

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 118,209

QUOTE (Gene Kooper @ May 28 2015, 11:07 AM) *
Oops, I should have looked more closely at the map prepared by SouthWest Land Surveying that Marine posted on page 2 before posting late at night from memory (do you have an old geezer smilie?). The surveyor's map shows that the SE Cor. of Sec. 23, T51N, R6E is approx. 600 feet west and 200 feet north of where the topo map shows the corner to be. The surveyors' map shows that he found Cors. Nos. 1 and 2 of the California Lode (south side line), Cor. No. 2 of the White Rock Extension (SE Cor.) and the SE Cor. of Sec. 23. The error wasn't in the tie to the section corner but rather the erroneous depiction of the section lines on the topo quad.

When I was told about the survey, I thought the error lied with where the BLM showed MS 19925 to be, not with the erroneous position of the section lines on the topo quad. I've run into that problem several times.

I uploaded the official mineral survey plat. It shows the mining improvements on the lodes and the aliquot lines of the SW-1/4 of Sec. 23 that match those shown on the SouthWest Land Surveying map. The mining improvements shown on the topo quad match the locations on the MS plat.

[attachment=8120:MS19925_Plat.pdf]

** Update **

Actually the error was BLM's error in their mapping data, having never located the actual section corners of the 7.5 St Elmo Topo area - if you look at the 7.5 minute of St Elmo, you will notice there are no "RED" "+" signs in the corners of the sections. Since USFS maps use the BLM mapping data, well - their maps will also be updated to reflect, not just for MS19925 but most likely for the many other Patented Lands in that area as well.

That is until the BLM Cadastral Surveyor Mr. Wayne Hancock traveled up to the area on 07/16/2015 and properly located the Section 23 Corner as well as expected the California Lode Corners #1 and #2 - exactly where the Sourthwest Land Survey map indicated....

Attached is the GPS CORNER RECOVERY\LOCATION CARD from BLM for Section 23 as of 07/16/2015 - which BLM will now be updating all of their mapping data.

What is very important - is the Corner of Section 23 can now be utilized as reference for any and all Claims up there and the section corner is finally found/located and documented (GPS, Photo, etc) by BLM Cadastral Surveyor.

Of course what is very interesting - the location of all the documented mineral deposits, and the underground tunnel and the mine Adit - never physically moved over into the Baldwin Gulch as BLM and USFS maps have erroneously showed for years, those are all in the exact location as shown on the Southwest Land Survey just the same as on the original survey from 1918 or so.

Yep, the BLM had the wrong mapping data, and now that will get adjusted appropriately to where the actual section 23 corner is truly located as documented on 07/16/2015.

Also MS19925 has been sold and is no longer available.

Happy Days to all.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  600300t51nr6egpscard.pdf ( 482.11K ) Number of downloads: 114

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Dec 7 2015, 07:32 AM
Post #78

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Season 4 has begun! Glad to see the Dorris family find some awesome Topaz!

Looks like they're still going to use Amanda to add "drama" to the show, with a silly segment on her getting "buried" and being "saved" by her mining partner. confused0082[1].gif

Jonesing to dig now... think Nate and I are going to go up to Gold Camp again today!!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Dec 7 2015, 07:39 AM
Post #79

Member No.: 6,983

Had to work into the evening hours last night so I missed out... will have to pull it from On Demand and get caught up. happy088.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
OklaPony
post Dec 7 2015, 10:12 AM
Post #80

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,289

QUOTE (Crusty @ Dec 7 2015, 07:32 AM) *
Season 4 has begun! Glad to see the Dorris family find some awesome Topaz!

Looks like they're still going to use Amanda to add "drama" to the show, with a silly segment on her getting "buried" and being "saved" by her mining partner. confused0082[1].gif

Jonesing to dig now... think Nate and I are going to go up to Gold Camp again today!!

And.... no Travis?

+Quote Post
Goldman
post Dec 7 2015, 10:21 AM
Post #81

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 119,732

From what i heard around town at at the gem show, that claimjumper has jumped at least 3 different of her peers from the show. One of them there has been an actual lawsuit where she lost that anyone can find online. One of the new cast members [a man] this season was even claimjumped by her. He caught her red handed on his property!!! Go check her friend list and ask yourself why 90% of the peers on the show are not facebook friends with her . NOT even her new mining partner! By the way; any comments that imply that she claimjumped are being LIKED by her new mining partner this season. So if that don't spell it out for yall, then just keep on enjoying the boobie show. Cause apparently sex sells. Can't believe she is still on this show. And her new partner is a hottie and has a much more soothing voice. She should just be replaced with her dagnabbit. Rant over. Have a magnificent weekend folks. Dig on and dig with integrity! emoticon-misc-004.gif

+Quote Post
swizz
post Dec 7 2015, 05:47 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 6,983

Dude.... we've ripped her a new one to no end on this site... she gets no sympathy from the CP Club. Everyone here knows the story about Amanda, nothing new. It does piss me off that she's still on the show despite her relentless and blatant disregard for mining laws.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
All Things Old
post Dec 7 2015, 06:55 PM
Post #83

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 121,597

I like to follow the Dorris family. Rich is a machine. Dwayne is just fun to watch. The rest go just go away. I was surprised there was no Travis. There is a story there.

The show was pulled from TWC. Hopefully nobody picks it up and it can go back to the old quite days. I have a few claims in Park County and I look forward to collecting in peace and quite this summer. No drama needed.

Enjoyed the read.

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Dec 9 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #84

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,659

My wife has some art at a shop in Salida where yolanda has her aqua jewelry. She and her hub have a few sons that help them. We've run into her a few times and she seems very sweet.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Dec 14 2015, 08:48 AM
Post #85

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Just turned on last night's show, so I haven't watched it yet, but it looks like there will be more developing between everyone's "not so favorite" cast member and her new partner. Sorry to see someone who seems so positive get sucked in to the BS.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:19 AM