ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Looking for a local prospecting buddy in Colorado Springs for Weekday Expeditions!
Kejick
post Apr 10 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 127,975

I’ve discovered a couple of great unclaimed (I am considering staking claims in the Fall after exploratory digging) sites in the greater Colorado Springs area, and while my friends have fun tagging along when they can, I’m looking for a local, reliable & honest mining buddy, Preferably with a 4x4 vehicle and can pick me up in Colorado Springs, and drive us to the trailhead or we can check out some cool more remote places in the future. (I have a truck, but it needs some work before I can drive it). Also preferably available on week days as I usually have plans on weekends, but weekdays free

So far what I have been finding is Quartz, Smoky Quartz, Microcline & Amethyst, hope to soon find Topaz & Amazonite among other specimens. I have only done a few hikes to site A, where I have found the above minerals in matrix single and double terminations, some with interesting re-healing of the crystals, and I believe I found a double termination (however I cracked a termination tip in excavation) smoky with a phantom inside. (their currently cleaning)

Anyhow, I’m hoping to spend most of the spring/summer/fall mining in the Rockies and am looking for someone that can semi-frequently join me on semi-local (under 2hrs from Colorado Springs; Several within 45min drive) mining expeditions. It will usually involve hiking 4-8 miles in a day, and involve working at higher altitudes. Someone up for camping for several days would be great, especially on weekdays. Need to have your own gear & tools.

Also anyone interested needs to be honest & trustworthy, not only will we be working together in the back country and will need to trust each other & rely on each other in an emergency, but also I have not claimed several of these locations yet, but either intend to or am considering staking a claim, so I need folks that will not stake a claim on my find, or tell anyone where the area is, and keep it secret to themselves. In exchange you keep any minerals you find and haul back with you.

So yeah! If your interested, live in the Colorado Springs area, have a vehicle and are up for an adventure, drop me a line!

(Will post some pictures after specimens are clean) :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Apr 11 2017, 07:51 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Sounds like you're in to an interesting spot! I'm available on week days and always down for digging, but having just staked a gold claim, can't guarantee being available all the time.

Is that 4-8 miles IN or round trip?!? Lol

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Kejick
post Apr 12 2017, 12:15 PM
Post #3

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Crusty @ Apr 11 2017, 08:51 AM) *
Sounds like you're in to an interesting spot! I'm available on week days and always down for digging, but having just staked a gold claim, can't guarantee being available all the time.

Is that 4-8 miles IN or round trip?!? Lol

Lol RT

Well I've got a couple of spots I want to explore not too far away if your up for some exploring. I have found some nice smokies in this area before aswell, but I haven't explored this route yet by foot. It's not too far away in Pike NF on unclaimed open land. Are you up for a day trip Thursday or Friday? Probably between 5-8 miles round trip depending on how far we want to explore & how far we go before we find some cool crystals. Target of this trip would be Smokies, Quartz, Amazonite and any other cool mineral specimens. If you have gold fever and a suction device we can use, i've got a couple bedrock cracks on a gold bearing creek nearby where i've found a few flakes on exploratory pans, just don't have a suction device at the moment.

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Apr 12 2017, 01:27 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Supposed to be in the 70s Friday! I'm getting 4 hours of ink on my arm onThursday but I'm down to get out!

Ive got a crevice suckernel so I can bring it too.

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Kejick
post Apr 12 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Crusty @ Apr 12 2017, 02:27 PM) *
Supposed to be in the 70s Friday! I'm getting 4 hours of ink on my arm onThursday but I'm down to get out!

Ive got a crevice suckernel so I can bring it too.

Awesome, yea Friday will work. Little surprised no other bites. Isn't anyone else up for a prospecting adventure?

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Apr 12 2017, 08:01 PM
Post #6

Master Mucker!

Not many folks available during the week or in the springs

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
EchoBravo
post Apr 13 2017, 08:28 AM
Post #7

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 129,116

Damn.. wished I lived in Colorado as I would be all over that. happy088.gif

--------------------
1/15 FA 2nd ID, Camp Casey Korea
1/5 FA 1st ID, Ft Riley KS
Recall-ODS Veteran
RC: EB725

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Apr 13 2017, 10:51 AM
Post #8

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

QUOTE (Kejick @ Apr 12 2017, 08:46 PM) *
Awesome, yea Friday will work. Little surprised no other bites. Isn't anyone else up for a prospecting adventure?

Hi Kejick,
I am almost always up for an adventure, however I work in Denver on weekdays so my schedule conflicts with yours. I would love to see some pics of your finds and wish you luck on your prospects. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Apr 14 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #9

Master Mucker!

Had a great day digging today. I only found one small termination but Kejick found a nice pocket and pulled out 10 or so small plates! Looks like the crystals are covered in hematite
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
James and Cyndi
post Apr 15 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #10

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,144

QUOTE (Kejick @ Apr 12 2017, 08:46 PM) *

Last year i would have been all over your invite but took a weekday job this year so limited to weekends. Plus right now nursing a heel fracture for a couple more weeks.

James

--------------------
CP Lifetime Members

+Quote Post
Kejick
post Apr 18 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #11

Diggin' In!

Sorry for the late reply, it's been a busy week to say the least. But yea some cool finds & had a great time with Crusty up in the hills! I'm planning on spending most of the summer exploring and searching for specimens, so if anyone is up for an adventure, shoot me a message. Always looking for mining buddies, especially if your up for exploring off trail & possibly up for a couple day trip, but day trips are great too!

Have a couple of other cool spots worth exploring, just need some buddies to explore with. So weekend or weekday, if your up for an adventure around COS send me a message & let's go on an adventure!

BTW If anyone knows of a mechanic in Colorado Springs that might do trade or work out a deal with a guy tight on cash, I really need to get the rear bearings on my Prospecting truck fixed so I can head up into the mountains & take y'all up with me!

Will post pictures soon, again just tight on cash but once I can afford to get some oxallic acid I'll get pictures up. About 8 terminated smokies, 10lbs or so of fractured of large smokies and quartz crystals, and a half dozen slabs of smokies, quartz and feldspar crystals, plus lots of other cool specimens.

Totally random but anyone have experience laser engraving on quartz or smoky quartz or a laser engraving machine?

+Quote Post
Kejick
post Apr 18 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #12

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (MikeS @ Apr 13 2017, 11:51 AM) *
Hi Kejick,
I am almost always up for an adventure, however I work in Denver on weekdays so my schedule conflicts with yours. I would love to see some pics of your finds and wish you luck on your prospects. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well anytime your going to be free, weekends included, drop me a line & we'll work something out :)

+Quote Post
Kejick
post Apr 18 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #13

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (James and Cyndi @ Apr 15 2017, 11:48 AM) *
Last year i would have been all over your invite but took a weekday job this year so limited to weekends. Plus right now nursing a heel fracture for a couple more weeks.

James

Hi James, hope you heal up and can make it back into the dirt soon! Well weekends work too! Once you're healed up to make it back into the field let's meet up on a weekend & go on a prospecting adventure! I know of a couple places not too far away where we can probably find something cool without too crazy of terrain.

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Apr 19 2017, 05:21 PM
Post #14

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

QUOTE (Kejick @ Apr 18 2017, 11:13 PM) *
Well anytime your going to be free, weekends included, drop me a line & we'll work something out :)

I would recommend looking at a club membership. We like to meet up in the field and on our claims as often as possible. I already have an invite to my claim(crystals) in May for club members. Club members met up last weekend at my brother's gold claim. Other prospecting adventures are in the works also. smiley-cool14.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kejick
post Apr 19 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #15

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (MikeS @ Apr 19 2017, 06:21 PM) *
I would recommend looking at a club membership. We like to meet up in the field and on our claims as often as possible. I already have an invite to my claim(crystals) in May for club members. Club members met up last weekend at my brother's gold claim. Other prospecting adventures are in the works also. smiley-cool14.gif

Right on, sounds cool but not exactly what i'm looking for; I'm just looking for prospecting buddies (Safety First) already have my own spots to explore :) May join the club eventually when I can afford to but for now im interested in exploring & staking my own claims :)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:09 AM