ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
News from the EverGREEN State
Quilomene John
post Nov 29 2003, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 24

Hey Everybody, After getting beaten like a bad dog, the prospectors of Washington are finally getting some respect. Some State Senators were dismayed at the heavy handed tactics of the Wa. Dept. of Natural Resources, directed at small scale gold miners, and scheduled a hearing in Olympia to hear concerns from miners. This thread from the GoldDredger.com forum tells how the DNR tried to shut down our rally and in the process made us martyrs (tax paying, voting ones at that) http://golddredger.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/644.html
I'm sorry the thread is so long but it really united and energized the miners in Wa. Hopefully my Colorado brothers and sisters won't need to get harrassed to build some political clout!
I strongly encourage the individuals and clubs in the central Rockies to consider putting on a mining rally at a centralized location.We all need to gain recognition and forge alliances between clubs! QJ ;)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johnny
post Nov 30 2003, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2

Howdy All,
I checked out the story from last August about how the Aquatics Assistant Regional Manager shut down the entire state of Washinton to small scale mining and prospecting. But what's happened since seems conspicuously absent... once the outrage is over then what really happened is hard to find out.
It would seem to me that the actions taken by both sides could be very instructional for groups in other states to head off things like this...
So what's the "rest of the story"? blink.gif
Happy Trails,
Johnny

+Quote Post
Redpaw
post Nov 30 2003, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 16

From what I know about behind the scenes....
Currently Officials are meeting with prospecting groups to have meetings bent on straightening out the State of Washington and their Gold and Fish Book.

On this issue, not alot is being posted due to the fact that we do not want the other groups to hamper the efforts of individuals involved. If you go back to the sites you visited and click on those members names they will more than likely inform you privately.

You will meet some very involved people by doing so and they may ask you for a letter or phone call to help out....

Redpaw

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quilomene John
post Nov 30 2003, 08:05 PM
Post #4

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 24

Johnny, This story is long, confusing, and not over, but this thread from the GoldDredger.com forum tells it to its current status. http://golddredger.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/663.html There are meetings with the State Senate this coming week to discuss small and large scale mining in Wa. There are plans to open a large mine ie Eastern Wa. by Kinross Gold Corp. So the small scale mining hearing one day before the large scale hearing is great for us! Time will tell how we will do but the prevailing thought is we've already bottomed out and things are looking up! QJ :)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johnny
post Dec 4 2003, 04:52 PM
Post #5

Shovel Buster!

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2

Howdy All,
Looks like there are a few responsive legislators that you can re-elect out there in Washington! I think it's great that folks take the time and go to the trouble to inform our government agencies about what's going on.... Government is so big and usually self involved they don't know who's doing what to whom! :o
This is a great forum for informing the recreational mining world and bringing together enough of us to make a difference!
Perhaps together we can make enough noise to keep the wolves away! laugh.gif
Happy Trails,
Johnny

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:32 PM