ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Colorado Prospectors Uniting, Justice Needed
The Kid
post Dec 15 2003, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 52

:D Hello everyone. I found out about this forum from the owners of ColoradoProspector.com. I own a mining claim in Colorado in the Crystal Peak area. I have supported myself from this claim for the past five years, despite the Forest Service's best attempts to run me out of business and of my claim. Though I am a responsible miner who comes with endorsements from the Colorado School of Mines, numerous teachers and professors, numerous other claim holders in the Crystal Peak area and other parts of Colorado, Idaho, and New Mexico, and numerous residents in the Crystal Peak area. Despite my numerous endorsements and my obviously environmentally responsible manner of prospecting on my claim, the Forest Service insists that I am a menace and has attempted to drive me off my claim and out of business for the past five years. Every attempt becomes more and more harmful to my operations, and to all of our abilities to carry out the intent of the 1872 mining law. In the course of the last five years I've had the Forest Service illegally modify my plan of operations without my participation (in order to deny me my right to occupy my claim in accordance of the 1872 mining law, as amended), put me in handcuffs during inspections of my claim (the first time I was quoting the Shumway opinion from the 9th circuit, and they told me that they would not release me until I shut up, denying me my right to free speech, and the second time I asked an officer to accompany me to my travel trailer to get my camera so that I could document those present for the inspection. When they refused to accompany me to get the camera, I started walking in the direction of my trailer, at which point three officers came after me, tackled me, pulled my thumb and shoulder out of joint, pepper sprayed my dog, and put me in handcuffs. Once again they told me to shut up, because I was of course being quite vocal about my rights. Present for this transgression was Dr. Douglas Abraham, Professor of Theoretical Physics at Oxford universities in England. When Dr. Abraham also became vocal and indignant, they demanded his ID. When they found out who he was, they promptly released me and went away. Neither time was I arrested or ticketed, though I insisted, angrily, that they do one or the other.), denied me the ability to use mechanized equipment on my claim by making it impossible to comply with unreasonable amendments, forced me to remove my workshop and storage facility without proper due process (FSM 2818), forced me to fill in currently active digs without proper due process (as prescribed at 36 CFR 228), produced a Surface Use Determination Report which denied me rights which are currently being excercised by others in the area (one such individual's SUD was prepared 3 months before mine, and is directly contradictory to mine, though it is for a very similar operation), and released an Environmental Assessment to the public which declares me to be out of compliance with State law (the Forest Service contends that I need to have a mining permit from the State. This is preposterous, as my Notice of Intent to Conduct Prospecting, and concurrent reclamation bond-$2000-was deemed adequate by the Colorado Division of Minerals and Geology on October 1st, 2003. Nothing about my operation has changed since then, except that I was forced to remove my storage and processing facility. If I wasn't in compliance with the state, I'm quite sure they would have let me know following the inspection on October 1st.) and declared that I had refused to place a bond with the Forest Service (at the supposed time that I refused to place the bond the Forest Service had not even asked for one!). This is an obvious illegal attempt to build public sentiment against me. Also, in the EA, the Forest Service declares that my bond amount would be over $20,000 for an operation which would only allow me to have necessary equipment and storage facilities on site for 60 days out of the year, would not allow me to use the spring located on my claim for preliminary rinsing of minerals (rinsing of these pematite specimen minerals does not release anything toxic into the environment, and the FS agrees, yet they still don't want me to use the spring), and includes the use of a backhoe or excavator to cause less than 1 acre of disturbance at any given time (again, such excavation does not release anything toxic into the environment, and the FS states that, even without mitigation, the operation will have negligible affects on surface resources and water quality).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- The Kid   Colorado Prospectors Uniting   Dec 15 2003, 02:04 PM
- - The Kid   ;) Whoops, I'm not all that good with computer...   Dec 15 2003, 03:29 PM
- - Redpaw   The Kid, Man what a mess, you had me laughing on t...   Dec 15 2003, 06:41 PM
- - Jesse   B) Greetings to all, I am delighted to see this si...   Dec 16 2003, 03:16 AM
- - Redpaw   The KID & Jesse, Give us an Idea of just what...   Dec 17 2003, 11:39 AM
- - Quilomene John   Hey all, Matt in Oregon and the Kid in Colorado pr...   Dec 18 2003, 09:45 PM
- - ColoradoProspector   Okay, Got The Kids story, EA and his response on ...   Dec 20 2003, 02:03 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   This plan included every aspect of Quentin’s opera...   Dec 20 2003, 02:17 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   FSM 2817.3(5)(b)(2) “Criminal Action. In cases whe...   Dec 20 2003, 02:23 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   Okay now the Enviromental Assessment in it's e...   Dec 20 2003, 02:32 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   page #2 of the intro letter.   Dec 20 2003, 02:38 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   DREAMTIME MINE ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT (EA) CHAP...   Dec 20 2003, 02:50 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   Issues Issues are defined as concerns about the ...   Dec 20 2003, 02:58 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   page 12   Dec 20 2003, 03:05 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   page 13   Dec 20 2003, 03:11 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   Management Requirements Management requirements h...   Dec 20 2003, 03:20 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   Wildlife Affected Environment: Wildlife is an impo...   Dec 20 2003, 03:27 AM
- - ColoradoProspector   Okay, that was all the EA. Now the following is hi...   Dec 20 2003, 01:40 PM
- - ColoradoProspector   After about 8 hours of pure computer torture I thi...   Mar 13 2004, 05:30 PM
- - ColoradoProspector   Here is Quentin's initial response to the deci...   Mar 13 2004, 05:52 PM
- - ColoradoProspector   And now Anita's "POWER" appeal lette...   Mar 13 2004, 06:20 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:16 PM