ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
CP Forums, Basics for rules.
CP
post Jun 17 2005, 10:59 AM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Guess it's time we cover this again...... We don't really like to push rules onto folks
We don't edit or delete or even lock topics here very often....... we keep the topics informative, fun, friendly, and RESPECTFUL!!!

In addition to the forum agreement we REQUIRE!

MAIN RULE AT CP FORUM-RESPECT ALL OTHER MEMBERS!

Respectful - members who participate here WILL BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS!
Good rule of thumb.....If you wouldn't want someone else talking to you that way.....DON'T DO IT HERE!!

Personal conflicts can and should stay private......There is never a clear definition it seems but basically if it doesn't affect anyone other than you and the person you're in conflict with....then the rest of us probably don't need to hear it!

We welcome everyone to use the forums...post photos, post club events, post for sale items, have fun and learn with us all!
Photo size best used is 640 x 480 or smaller, but if you don't know how to resize Mrs.CP is willing to help when she gets a moment or two.

We do reserve the right to edit, move and/or delete ANY POSTINGS as we see fit.

We also may add too or change these rules as we see fit over time.

We are not responsible for the information in any posts made by any other forum members.....If you see information that is wrong as you know it....you are welcome to post a correction reply, as long as you follow the main rule (mentioned above) and can be respectful to other forum members.....We all want to know the correct information.
We are very lucky to have an excellent member group in this forum and the information is there for the asking. If you have questions feel free to ask ..... someone will either know the answer and post it or they will know where to find the answer and a link is usually posted.

As far as posting links to other sites...yes, please do...that is what the internet is for.

The whole point of having the forum is so we can all learn as a collective......Learning as a group we all gain a much better perspective on the real deal! What ever topic may be discussed.

Have a great day everyone!

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CP
post Oct 10 2010, 11:15 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Hello Colorado Prospector forum members. smileywaving.gif

It's time we bring this thread back and give a one time general warning to those who are abusing this website/club resources through the forum board messages.

It's been brought to our attention (more than once) that there are those who are trying to lead people away from this site/club via unsolicited personal messages and emails. signs019.gif Yes we have been notified and yes we know who you are!
THIS IS YOUR 1 AND ONLY WARNING!! stop.gif mad.gif
Anyone who partakes in this activity from this website will be banned from the website and the club if they are club members.
We've never banned a club member yet but we will not stand for this behavior, if you don't like the site or club then why are you here? Just click on and find a site you like.

We are very fortunate to have a great group in our community, signs021.gif 99% of whom are very helpful, friendly and want to learn about the truth/reality of prospecting and our rights to do so on NF or BLM land. Mrs.CP and myself also work very very hard (since 2003) and have made many personal sacrifices to keep the Colorado Prospector community a great family orientated resource of information for all prospectors whether they join the club or not, the information available to everyone here for free is invaluable and most of us are very glad to have it!

For those of you who are happy to be here and participate, we are very glad to have you here and very much appreciate all your input/participation and THANK YOU ALL!

The Colorado Prospector club/website is one of kind and we'll be keeping things steaming ahead for you all in the future as well. Although this is a great disappointment and really sadens Mrs.CP and myself, we know it's not most of you who'll be reading this that the warning applies to and our appologies for even having to post it.
Unfortunately just like land research and field prospecting as a bonafide prospector, some think they can just do things how they want to without any regard/respect for anyone elses property, businesses, and/or mining claims.

For those of you who this message pertains to.......Your lack of willingness to learn the proper ways of researching land, prospecting as a bonafide prospector in the field (not recreational areas only). Your actions are telling the truth about who you are and your lack of knowledge on these topics and related or any willingness to attempt to learn them. You look quite foolish to those you've written your unsolicited messages too.

If anyone has questions about the club, website etc. please feel free to contact us anytime, we'll be happy to answer your questions and dispell any rumors that might have been offered as our informatin. We hide nothing here and in fact will actually point out when someone or something isn't correct so that we may all learn collectively and properly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and stay safe out there prospecting everyone. We'll see you on the digs and around the website often. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Very Sincerely,
Dan & Denise
Colorado Prospector club founders & forum administrators

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
russau
post Oct 11 2010, 06:33 AM
Post #3

russau

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

and thankyou for all youve done!

+Quote Post
swizz
post Oct 12 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,983

2c.gif
Not exactly sure what happened, but
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...
There are a lot of larks out there.
Take time to learn the proper ways to become a bonafide prospector and learn the laws, regardless of which clubs you're in. This club just happens to the best facilitator in terms of providing legal information with essential archives and links. No giddy-up cop-out shortcuts, no spoon-feeding you "workable claims" that you know little or nothing about. Instead, a wealth of information and (for club members) some very nice painstakingly researched public land area suggestions that have historically been productive and continue to be... for Gold, Gems, and other cool stuff. Almost like having your own public land mineral consultant for crikey sake! And remember, you can't just go frolicking around club areas (any prospecting club, not just CP) without knowing what you can and can't do on public OR claimed land, that's just asking for it. You're a big kid now, do it right.
If you're gonna prospect and mine take time to learn your rights, land use laws, and everything else that goes with it.
For example: Did you know that Mineral Trespassing is a Class C Felony and very easy to do accidentally? If you don't know how to research something as simple as mineral trespass, public land definitions, or claim boundaries, beware. That's just one example of how you can fall in over your head by taking shortcuts and not bothering to do your homework. This site puts an emphasis on providing EVERYTHING you need to know, from basic panning to filing your own claim, and beyond.... and these activities all are subject to essential laws, regulations, and etiquette.
If you're a lazy person, you may not like this site... but truly, what REAL miner is "lazy"? Ask yourself that.
Research is essential for small scale and recreation mining, period.
Don't get caught mining with your pants down, it can be costly at some point. Ignorance to the law is never a valid excuse, especially Federal law which REAL prospectors, miners, and claim owners take very seriously.
Thanks D&D and fellow members for providing all the information that this site contains. Without it, I'd still be at the freakin' library.
continuing to learn.......

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
dickb
post Oct 12 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 7,312

Well said by all of you and I hope more people take this hobby seriously. Just like hunting or fishing, you gotta know the rules and make darn sure that your not stepping into a big mess.

If we don't police our own ranks and leave the sites in better condition than we found them, then we will lose our rights to prospect and hunt rocks for sure.

Just too many out there that want to see us loose the rights to prospect, for all the wrong reasons!

Just accept your responsibility as a miner.

Lots of luck to you and be safe! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dickb

+Quote Post
russau
post Oct 13 2010, 05:11 AM
Post #6

russau

very good comment Swizz!

+Quote Post
CP
post Oct 13 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #7

Master Mucker!

Thank you everyone and great post Swizz!
One thing I'd like to make clear though in this thread.......Hobbies/recreational activities do not fall into a "rights" catagory like accessing OUR LANDS or prospecting/mining OUR LANDS which are both rights.......OUR RIGHTS!
Don't step into a big mess as Dickb said, take the time to learn about your activities and where, how, and when the "RIGHTS WE ALL HAVE" come into play or not.

That's why this site is so important to us in the community and we'll continue the compilations of the laws, truth and reality going!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif emoticon-object-009.gif emoticon-object-018.gif

DIG IN YA'LL!! research.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Oct 21 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #8

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

Well, until I acquire a mining claim, I'll have to remain "hobby". Then, when all the paper work is in, I'll mine it outside the recreational realm.

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
leonard
post Feb 1 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #9

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 84

Dan and Denise are one of a kind. They sponsered and put on a great Miners Rally in Idaho Springs in 2004. You can see a short video of it at http://golddredgervideo.com/menu.htm If you look closely, you will see Denise several times. I don't think Dan is on any of the video but I'd rather see Denise than Dan any time that I have a choice.
Leonard

+Quote Post
CP
post Feb 4 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #10

Master Mucker!

Thanks Leonard, that sure brings back some fun & funny memories.

But wait............. I think you're saying I'm not sexy on camera?! smiley-shocked003.gif smiley-laughing021.gif dancing_smiley.gif

Everyone sure had a great time at that rally and hopefully we can do something similar again someday.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 10 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #11

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (leonard @ Feb 1 2011, 03:56 PM) *
Dan and Denise are one of a kind. They sponsered and put on a great Miners Rally in Idaho Springs in 2004. You can see a short video of it at http://golddredgervideo.com/menu.htm If you look closely, you will see Denise several times. I don't think Dan is on any of the video but I'd rather see Denise than Dan any time that I have a choice.
Leonard

Thanks Leonard, the 04' rally was definately a good time. Dan is actually in that video several times also.
(I think your sexy on cam CP! happy112.gif )
Plus, nothing attractive about a woman duck chucking on film like I was anyway. smiley-shocked003.gif giggle.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
russau
post Feb 11 2011, 08:40 AM
Post #12

russau

yep, that was a realy good time! after the rally,at Vics, was great also

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 12 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #13

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (russau @ Feb 11 2011, 07:40 AM) *
yep, that was a realy good time! after the rally,at Vics, was great also

I agree Russ. I want to also add that the help that you gave for the rally was above and beyond! happy088.gif
Having the DEF, MRT and the CCC as part helped make it the best in my opinion.
Here is a link to a thread you started of the after the rally gathering at Vic's gold Panning.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Feb 14 2011, 03:55 AM
Post #14

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

Maybe we should do another shin dig at Vic's. What do you guys think?

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 14 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Feb 14 2011, 02:55 AM) *
Maybe we should do another shin dig at Vic's. What do you guys think?

count me IN
I've never been to Vic's nor prospected in that area and think it would be really fun!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:34 AM