ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
why is every public location 4 or more hours away?
rubinscube
post Jun 13 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,265

just wondering why the public locations available with membership are so far away from my location, it seems that gold would be right up in them thar hills west of colorado spings area. this is not meant to be a sniveling post cry.gif , I was just surprised at the "grouping" of locations givin, are public gold placer locations very rare in CO?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OkieJon
post Jun 13 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 5,617

I am just a member here so I can only guess. Most of the researched areas are where they are because the owners feel they give us the best chanch on finding a flake or two. Also,most are in the heart of Colorado's mineral belt.

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 14 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #3

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

Let's see here....
it's two of them.

TWO.

Of them.

You tell me why they havn't covered every square inch of Colorado yet.

There are public locations much closer than four hours. You just have to find them.

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
russau
post Jun 14 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #4

russau

Member No.: 43

i only wish that the locationswere ONLY 4 hours away from me! more like 10 to 16 or more!

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 14 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #5

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (rubinscube @ Jun 13 2010, 09:21 PM) *
just wondering why the public locations available with membership are so far away from my location, it seems that gold would be right up in them thar hills west of colorado spings area. this is not meant to be a sniveling post cry.gif , I was just surprised at the "grouping" of locations givin, are public gold placer locations very rare in CO?

Thank you guys for your input. smile.gif
Actually rubinscube, from Colorado Springs there are quite a few areas researched within 2 hours drive. Those would be the ones in Park, Summit and Chaffee counties. As Coalbunny said, there are only Mrs.CP and myself who deal with things for the club and website, and some of the research is compiled over extended periods depending on how much research can be finished with the resources on hand at that time.
That's also why we list the counties researched areas are in on the club membership details page as well, so folks have a general idea where the researched areas will be in relation to their home base and or travels through the state.

The best thing about membership in the Colorado Prospector club is, we want to help you learn how to apply this information and techniques to any places you'd personally like to check out. There is alot more open land in Colorado and it's spread all over the state. Yep some even will be found really close to Colorado Springs and can be intertwined within private, state, or county, city or town properties. Learning how to determine not only where those lands are, but how to find out if they are open or claimed......that is the name of the game when prospecting.

Placer gold deposits are not uncommon in Colorado as history has shown us, but the fact is, when near or in a well known area that has produced, the research becomes alot more intensive.

Being that this is only the clubs 7th year since it's conception in 2003, I think the areas researched are building up nicely and we will add more areas in other counties around Colorado as we can and resources allow.

Hope this helps clarify and feel free to post up any more questions if needed too.
Stay safe out there and good luck prospecting everyone.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
rubinscube
post Jun 14 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #6

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 7,265

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jun 14 2010, 11:02 AM) *
Thank you guys for your input. smile.gif
Actually rubinscube, from Colorado Springs there are quite a few areas researched within 2 hours drive. Those would be the ones in Park, Summit and Chaffee counties. As Coalbunny said, there are only Mrs.CP and myself who deal with things for the club and website, and some of the research is compiled over extended periods depending on how much research can be finished with the resources on hand at that time.
That's also why we list the counties researched areas are in on the club membership details page as well, so folks have a general idea where the researched areas will be in relation to their home base and or travels through the state.

The best thing about membership in the Colorado Prospector club is, we want to help you learn how to apply this information and techniques to any places you'd personally like to check out. There is alot more open land in Colorado and it's spread all over the state. Yep some even will be found really close to Colorado Springs and can be intertwined within private, state, or county, city or town properties. Learning how to determine not only where those lands are, but how to find out if they are open or claimed......that is the name of the game when prospecting.

Placer gold deposits are not uncommon in Colorado as history has shown us, but the fact is, when near or in a well known area that has produced, the research becomes alot more intensive.

Being that this is only the clubs 7th year since it's conception in 2003, I think the areas researched are building up nicely and we will add more areas in other counties around Colorado as we can and resources allow.

Hope this helps clarify and feel free to post up any more questions if needed too.
Stay safe out there and good luck prospecting everyone.

CP

I will be sure to post new areas I find west of Colorado Springs, unless that is poor etiquette, still new so not sure. I have found some old books here in the collectors library in Colorado Springs that suggest panning areas less than 10 minutes away (#1 & #2 arrow) , so here it is:

Attached Image

sorry for the quality, I was only allowed to photograph the book with my cellphone. ph34r.gif

ps: any tips for a desert fox?

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 14 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #7

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi rubinscube,

Not a problem posting the map up here, but remember, old maps only show where you may wish to begin looking, they will not help you with current land status or claims active now to steer clear of.
Thank you for offering to post up areas you find too, contact me in the future if you have some you think are open that you'd like to share.

Once you've found a spot you'd like to check out, then you must get further into the details of what is there currently....ie withdrawls, ownership sale/trades with BLM or FS since then, claims now active or not if FS or BLM land is the status.
Good job digging into this research too, you'll not only learn alot about our national lands and history, but you might be very suprised as to what you find that is in fact open to prospect when you've completed the research. happy088.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 15 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #8

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

FYI- there's also a few places in downtown CS one can pan at. Well, COULD, back when I was younger. Not hard to find out.

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
nebraskadad
post Jun 16 2010, 12:36 PM
Post #9

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 269

QUOTE (russau @ Jun 14 2010, 10:00 AM) *
i only wish that the locationswere ONLY 4 hours away from me! more like 10 to 16 or more!

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Amen on that Russ and I am about 8 hours closer than you!!

+Quote Post
russau
post Jun 17 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #10

russau

Rex ill see you about the 29/30 of June on da creek! i think i saw where Andys coming up aswell???

+Quote Post
leonard
post Feb 1 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #11

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (russau @ Jun 17 2010, 09:14 AM) *
Rex ill see you about the 29/30 of June on da creek! i think i saw where Andys coming up aswell???

Russ, don't be so secretive. I have a claim at Douglas Creek Wyoming that we usually open to anyone for about a week. We will be there again in 2011. Gold Prospector members are welcome to join us on the Flats at Douglas Creek. As time gets closer, email me at dredger@golddredgervideo.com and I'll give you the details.

2011 will be a memorial to Geno Wiley as we will place his ashes on a highpoint overlooking the claim. All will be invited.
Leonard

+Quote Post
YellowFever
post Feb 1 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #12

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,212

QUOTE (leonard @ Feb 1 2011, 04:05 PM) *
Russ, don't be so secretive. I have a claim at Douglas Creek Wyoming that we usually open to anyone for about a week. We will be there again in 2011. Gold Prospector members are welcome to join us on the Flats at Douglas Creek. As time gets closer, email me at dredger@golddredgervideo.com and I'll give you the details.

2011 will be a memorial to Geno Wiley as we will place his ashes on a highpoint overlooking the claim. All will be invited.
Leonard
I really feel bad that I couldn't make it last year, I will not be able to make it this year as I will have to be in the phillipenes at that time:( I hope that I can come to some other outings with you if posable.

+Quote Post
russau
post Feb 2 2011, 06:55 AM
Post #13

russau

last year turned out tobe a large gathering of friends. this year (2011) should be a larger gathering of friends for Genos Memorial up on the point! ill be there again for 2 weeks for sure!

+Quote Post
leonard
post Feb 2 2011, 08:57 AM
Post #14

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (YellowFever @ Feb 1 2011, 07:09 PM) *
I really feel bad that I couldn't make it last year, I will not be able to make it this year as I will have to be in the phillipenes at that time:( I hope that I can come to some other outings with you if posable.

We usually have an open outting over Labor Day on the Arkansas River near Buena Vista.
Leonard

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:10 AM