ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gold panning or rock hounding, which is a faster return, Both have great adventures
dbdweller
post Jun 18 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 132,197

I am new to Colorado hunting but have been all over the state since 1984. I am planning on taking the Summer off and going on a adventure.
The flooding in California has really done wonders for panning since 97 so something in me is tugging to head that way. I have done a lot of research for gems and nuggets over the years for Colorado and thinking I might as well do something i can spend while having fun.

My understanding with gems will be knowledge and luck i think. I only hear about 10% of gems that really make any money? I know panning is the same thing but at least you know what you have when you find it and it is the same price pretty much for everyone.

I also have 2 dogs going and one is 13 so she does not run the mountain any more so that kind of hurts for the gems a little i think.

Any help and info would be greatly appreciated and sorry if this is crude, this is my first post.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MikeS
post Jun 19 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 116,265

Welcome to the forums dbdweller! sign0016.gif

It has been much easier for me to find crystals in Colorado that are worth putting a price tag on as opposed to gold. They both are challenging.
I have put much more footwork into finding crystals but the gold work can tough also.
Becoming a Club Member helps a lot when looking for places to start. Club Members are meeting up this weekend at a gold claim. Learning to research the lands you wish to prospect is key to finding your own spots that are open for prospecting.

Be sure to have a look around. There is lots of good info on these forums. happy112.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:29 AM