ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

POINT BAR gold placer claim for sale, Location...location...location...
ASTROBLEME
post Mar 31 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

Hello members and visitors;

My family is selling our gold mining claims that are on the Arkansas River in an effort to direct more time to working our diamond mines west of Fort Collins. This offer is for the POINT BAR PLACER mining claim. It surrounds the public "Point Barr" recreational area that is a very popular recreational prospecting site being published in GPAA, BLM and many other prospecting venues.

I was born downstream of this deposit and grew up prospecting the Arkansas River between Salida and Canon City, Colorado. There is a very rich history of this area and my family shares my passion for mining. I remember a couple of guys that worked the open public lands when gold was $35 per troy ounce. They spent their summers fishing and mining and said they paid for their college tuition. Even to this day, LOTS of people still work the gravels near our POINT BAR in the public mining areas.

As a teen, I was interested in what created the swirling whirlpool holes that were bored into bedrock in that area. The holes are numerous and those that were very deep and had some filling from trash by the visiting public along with a sampling of the area's wildlife that got trapped. The pop bottles down hole had a good deposit value but the snakes freaked me out! But now I know how those holes can trap gold and I've tried to get to the bottom of my first target, but I still haven't cleared that pothole. There are many other potholes that haven't even been started to be worked on.

We are asking $20,000.00 US funds. This sales offer is valid through midnight May 1st, 2017.

Please direct your inquiries to;

johnny.tonko@tonkomining.com

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

[attachment=10663:Point_Ba...laim_Map.jpg]

[attachment=10665:Hole__1_Closeup.jpg]

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ASTROBLEME
post Aug 28 2017, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

This claim has sold.

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:12 PM