ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Looking For Some Advice?, Planning this trip for 15 years
acelungger
post Jul 20 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,314

Hi Everyone,
My name is Greg and I am 56 years old and I have been planning this trip for 15 years. I am a born and raised farm boy, when I was just a young boy my family allways went to colorado for 2 weeks or so, when the crops were to tall to cultivate dad would hook up the camping trailer and we would take off to the mountains. I allways looked forward to that. I got married and started a family early in life and took my family to colorado a couple of times but it never was like when I was kid. Fifteen years ago I bought a old travel trailer that needed lots of repair. When I was in high school I work a place that repaired damaged campers so I new how to do any repaired needed, I spent the whole summer the year I bought the trailer fixing it up. As life throws a person curves we all have to deal with what we can. Seemed like every time we planned to go on our trip something would come up. In 2003 I damaged my back, not having the finances to take time off from work and try and let my back heal I worked every day untill DEc. 18th 2007 on that day another curve ball came my way! My back had just played out and I could no longer stand or walk much. Every year since that I have had the plan of going to colorado just like before. My back isn't getting any better it is getting worse, so again I would like to make the trip.
Here is my problem, I am not sure that if we made to Colorado I would be able to un hook and set up the camper. So I am researching were we might find a location to prospect that I either wouldn't have to walk very far or a place were I might be able to ride my atv close to were we would be able to pan. If I don't bring the camper I would like to rent a cabin if possible. For me, If I could just find a little color I would be able to come home knowing I had completed a 15 year long dream.
I would be very great full if any one could give me advice and maybe point me in the right direction to look. I didn't post this with the intent of anyone feeling sorry for me, I do not want that! I just want to do a little propecting.
Thanks
Greg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:15 AM