ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
first ring with detector
golden_journey
post May 1 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,411

found this ring in my backyard in boulder colorado, near marshall, while getting the hang of my whites mxt. needless to say i was happy. i expected to find silver coins before ever finding a gold ring but there it was... smileywaving.gif
about 3 inches down among a bit of trash. i had been over my yard a few times quickly when i first got the detector. i found lots of clad coins copper pennies and one wheat penny but nothing too special and loads of trash. i decided to go over it again slower this time and really pay attention to what the machine was trying to say on each target. it worked.
what do i clean it with?
definitely wondering what its worth and how old it might be though i dont think i want to sell it. it doesnt show a karat stamp anywhere that i can see with a loupe.
i figure it might not have been there too long since it was only 3" down. but that doesnt say how old it may be. any guesses on age or purity? hard to say from a bad photo i know.
happy huntin!
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
"the desire for gold can be so great that it motivates men to endure unbelievable hardships including dehydration,starvation and death."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stan in colo
post May 1 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,267

Way to go Nice find, go to a jeweler and have them test it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:39 AM