ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
A nice day out, Took some newbies.. and a cat.
NewRockHounder
post Aug 1 2019, 09:07 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 117,890

We met some friends of ours up at my second claim, Triple B, they all had experience aside from Mark's daughter. But, that was a just the termination of the crystal.. hehe.. I've been talking bout mining for so long at and around work, that a Bailey local - Squatch, and my co-worker Dylan wanted to see what it was all about. First time prospectors, had to explain quite a bit and I didn't really get in a whole lot of digging myself, but it's all good. Squatch found a few smokeys, but Dylan found a surface find (his first crystal mind you) just so happend to be a small sherry topaz... lucky something n other. Good on him for spotting it after I told him what to look for. We also brought our adventure cat, Smokey Q, Q for short.. she loved it, she was very content all day, going in and out of peoples digs and just being outdoors with mama n papa - and some new friends (for her) Anywho, I did find was some pretty gemmy Smokey Quartz terminations, G (my wife) found some also and maybe a little fluorite. Not sure what our friends found as they had left while I was on a #2 hike down the hill..

All n all tho, it was a great day to be out mining/prospecting. And now fer a few pics - (INSIDIUS, Dylan is your doppleganger)
Attached Image
Mark in yellow, his daughter, father, and mum
Attached Image
Squatch, G and Q, Dylan

Attached Image
Adventure is out there! And so is Q!

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Aug 1 2019, 04:43 PM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,659

Looks like an awesome time out!
We have two cats that hike with us and like to be in the woods, never have taken them camping or prospecting.

I havent been out all summer but I think about it everyday. Too many things to get done around here and winter is coming fast. I'm working myself to the bone even on the weekends.
I need to make a point to at least go check a few creeks on my list or I will regret it this winter.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Aug 2 2019, 11:06 AM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,890

It was just great to be out there! Been far to long. (that was an understatement) Unfort.. same difference. Johnny. This was our second trip out this season....!!!!!!..... .....sigh... First trip was my Bday in May what was supposed to last a week, was 3 shitty days.. ended up snowing on us all week, got over 10" the first night, all our effort/time went to collecting firewood to keep the fire going all day, just didn't have the energy to go prospecting/mining. Then I picked up more hours at work and my summer is going by faster than ever. No happy medium for prospecting this season, me thinks. My wife n I want to get up to Antero this year too, but I honestly don't see that happening..

We just got lucky... that's all it is. That my wife and I had the same day off together and had some new prospectors from town that wanted to come and could go. Dylan had to ask for the day off.

You will regret not doing anything... Do just a day venture, at them small creeks you mentioned.

GO GO GO! Make a "you day." N don't ferget yer kitties. biggrin.gif
Side notery; Awesome to meet another cat adventurer, I'm trying to teach Q to go backpacking with me/long day hikes, any tips?

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Jan 14 2020, 01:05 PM
Post #4

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,659

Mine do ok on long days out as long as we are willing to carry them from time to time. One of our cats will climb up a tree ahead of me and jump onto my backpack for a ride when she wants, the other will lay under a bush and meow until we pick her up. It's an adventure with them but they like to go so we let them come with us.

I ended up getting out a couple of times to two different creeks and found gold both times so it was good and found the source at one of them. It might be my best chance at a nugget so far but I wont know until the snow melts.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:24 AM