ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mt. Antero
fenixsmom
post Oct 5 2014, 09:26 AM
Post #76

Master Mucker!

Group: Members
Member No.: 116,305

Thanks Swizzle-stick!!! You're such a smart cookie!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CP
post Oct 5 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #77

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Good input and questions everyone, in reality though claim owners do have "exclusive rights" to all the surface within the boundries of their claim. That being said, the general "polite understanding" is that if the location claim is not active, then other activities can take place without prospecting as Swizz said. Literally speaking though, claim ownership is just that "ownership" no matter if patented (private) or newer location (unpatented) claims and exclusive rights to all surface is exactly what it says.

A good thread to reference for starters on the topic of avoiding claim jumping would be pinned in this same section titled "How do I avoid claim jumping" happy112.gif as well as the laws and regulations sections in general like the thread about how USC, CFR's and FSH/FSM work or should be used.

Clearly I think Marine posted the pics with intent to find identity of tresspassers in some fashion whether it is private patented claims or location claims. There were no actual accusation of such made by Marine. Hopefully the situation works out fine/best for everyone without incident.
Welcome to the Colorado Prospector forums by the way Marine, good luck with your claim situation, hope it all works out ok.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Marine
post Oct 6 2014, 09:29 AM
Post #78

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 118,209

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Oct 5 2014, 07:24 PM) *
Good input and questions everyone, in reality though claim owners do have "exclusive rights" to all the surface within the boundries of their claim. That being said, the general "polite understanding" is that if the location claim is not active, then other activities can take place without prospecting as Swizz said. Literally speaking though, claim ownership is just that "ownership" no matter if patented (private) or newer location (unpatented) claims and exclusive rights to all surface is exactly what it says.

A good thread to reference for starters on the topic of avoiding claim jumping would be pinned in this same section titled "How do I avoid claim jumping" happy112.gif as well as the laws and regulations sections in general like the thread about how USC, CFR's and FSH/FSM work or should be used.

Clearly I think Marine posted the pics with intent to find identity of tresspassers in some fashion whether it is private patented claims or location claims. There were no actual accusation of such made by Marine. Hopefully the situation works out fine/best for everyone without incident.
Welcome to the Colorado Prospector forums by the way Marine, good luck with your claim situation, hope it all works out ok.

The Property is marked: Private Property No Trespassing. This is on a very clearly marked Patented land location = Private property. In fact there are over 10 Private Property Signs, No Trespassing on the property at the time the photos were taken.

For those captured in the photo - we have over 50+ photos of them, carrying 5 gallon bucket, shovel and other potential digging equipment.

This is on Patented land = Private property. In order to get to the location they set down the bucket and were at, they - the four individuals had to pass by no less then 6 No Trespassing Signs and a locked cable gate also with Private Property, No Trespassing sign.

They arrived at approx. 10:10 and left at approx: 13:56 according to the time stamps taken of the photos.

Photos have been turned over to Chaffee Country Sheriff's Office, of course the photos are all date/time stamped.

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Oct 6 2014, 09:42 AM
Post #79

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 41,357

Fantastic! I hope that you do catch up with them, recover any stolen property, and are able to prosecute. This does need to be done more often, with prosecution and convictions. These persons have no excuse. Good luck, and please keep us updated as you are able (legally).

Take care!

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
World Traveler, 7 Continent Walker
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER
Referral Code: SE2104

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Oct 11 2014, 11:09 PM
Post #80

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

I wish you the best of luck. I also wish I could see those pics, but I guess Dan took them down. :(
I knew folks on both sides- fellas that had claims that folks were trying to jump, and then folks, unrelated to the matter, bragging about jumping other's claims.

I don't know if Undersheriff Speezee is still there or not. He seemed interested in taking a stand on mineral trespass issues when Sheriff Tim Walker lost the election.

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
Palle
post Sep 20 2015, 04:15 AM
Post #81

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 117,173

Hi, again!

It´s been a while since I wrote something in this thread. In spring 2014 I planned to at least give Mt Antero a try. I got a lot of good advice on this forum, and also got more information than I could handle from BLM (Very service minded guys over there). As it turned out, 11 days of one a clock showers prevented med from doing more than just pass by on the highway, while Mt Antero laughed at me! I also ran down quite a few other mountains shortly after having lunch next to a mine during that period (Zuni mine for instance), but those are other stories.

I´ve just booked flights for next summers geology road trip, and I want to try again. I´ve read reports on the whole mountain of Mt Antero being claimed (Is that even possible, in a Natl. forest?), and that there aren´t much of Mt White left either. So, I´m looking for a plan B and C, if it turns out I can´t even climb the foot of either mountain with a hammer. My question therefore is, how about Mt Princeton? I´ve also read reports mentioning Mt Baldwin, which should be close to Baldwin lakes, but I can´t find any peak with that name.

+Quote Post
CP
post Sep 22 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #82

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

Hi Palle, sorry you didn't get up to Mt. Antero while visiting but maybe next time you can get up there weather permitting. Very glad you found helpful information from the Colorado Prospector forums. happy088.gif
The "blanket claim" of the entire mountain is not valid as one claim period and I highly doubt that the blanket claimant even knows anything about claims and their limits on sizes or associations etc.....best to do your own diligent research on facts and actual mining claims filed as such.

I do not know of a Mt. Baldwin either in that area, but doesn't mean there isn't one, I just haven't heard of it. Good luck on your next adventure, hope it turns out very well for you.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Sep 22 2015, 05:42 PM
Post #83

Master Mucker!

I'm wondering if he means Mt Baldy.... if so, it's got the wrong geology for aquas. Mt Baldwin is in CA.

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Sep 22 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #84

Master Mucker!

Sorry - I was thinking of Colony Baldy Peak in the Sangre de Cristo range. The Sangre's have the wrong geology for aquamarins... I have no idea about Mt Baldy in Teller County. Interesting fact - the Sangre's have the most 14ers of any range in CO.

Major peaks of the Sangre de Cristo
Named peaks over 13,500 feet (4,100 m)
Peak name Elevation Prominence
Blanca Peak [1] 14,351 ft (4,374 m) 5,326 ft (1,623 m)
Crestone Peak [2] 14,300 ft (4,400 m) 4,534 ft (1,382 m)
Crestone Needle [3] 14,197 ft (4,327 m) 437 ft (133 m)
Kit Carson Peak [4] 14,165 ft (4,317 m) 1,005 ft (306 m)
Challenger Point [5] 14,080 ft (4,290 m) 281 ft (86 m)
Humboldt Peak [6] 14,064 ft (4,287 m) 1,164 ft (355 m)
Ellingwood Point [7] 14,042 ft (4,280 m) 322 ft (98 m)
Mount Lindsey [8] 14,042 ft (4,280 m) 1,522 ft (464 m)
Little Bear Peak [9] 14,037 ft (4,278 m) 357 ft (109 m)

Columbia Point [10] 13,960 ft (4,260 m) 320 ft (98 m)
Mount Adams [11] 13,937 ft (4,248 m) 851 ft (259 m)
California Peak [12] 13,855 ft (4,223 m) 609 ft (186 m)
Rito Alto Peak [13] 13,800 ft (4,200 m) 1,114 ft (340 m)
Colony Baldy [14] 13,711 ft (4,179 m) 905 ft (276 m)
Pico Aislado [15] 13,612 ft (4,149 m) 837 ft (255 m)
Tijeras Peak [16] 13,610 ft (4,150 m) 724 ft (221 m)
Electric Peak [17] 13,601 ft (4,146 m) 915 ft (279 m)
Cottonwood Peak [18] 13,504 ft (4,116 m) 1,108 ft (338 m)
Twin Peaks [19] 13,560 ft (4,130 m) 600 ft (180 m)
Broken Hand Peak [20] 13,579 ft (4,139 m) 653 ft (199 m)
Fluted Peak [21] 13,560 ft (4,130 m) 714 ft (218 m)
Milwaukee Peak [22] 13,528 ft (4,123 m) 282 ft (86 m)

Neat, huh?

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER

+Quote Post
Denise
post Sep 24 2015, 01:18 PM
Post #85

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 4

Very neat little peak layout you added Caveman! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Palle
post Sep 25 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #86

Diggin' In!

Hi!Thanks for the replies. I´m just as confused as you about this Mt Baldwin, thinking it probably is a ridge or a lower top close to the Baldwin lakes.

I´m glad to hear about that claim. Not so much for my plans, as for the whole area. I´ll see what happens with my next road trip to Colorado. It´s looking like three days in that area, before I move north.

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Sep 25 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #87

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (Palle @ Sep 25 2015, 01:50 PM) *
Hi!Thanks for the replies. I´m just as confused as you about this Mt Baldwin, thinking it probably is a ridge or a lower top close to the Baldwin lakes.

I´m glad to hear about that claim. Not so much for my plans, as for the whole area. I´ll see what happens with my next road trip to Colorado. It´s looking like three days in that area, before I move north.

I believe it is Boulder Mountain near Baldwin Lakes. That would be my best guess.

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER

+Quote Post
Palle
post Dec 5 2016, 01:50 PM
Post #88

Diggin' In!

I forgot to tell you, I actually got up to Mt. Antero this time. Finally! I parked some 100 yards after the creek, as the road went from worst to unbelievable. I´d got a Jeep Renegade, and thought I´d gone too far already.

It could have been the thin air, or me being too eager, but I got exhausted before I got to the timberline. As you experienced guys now, it gets a lot better once the serpentine road takes over.

This happened to be on the 4th of July, and I guess professional prospectors were elsewhere celebrating. What amazed me, as I got up to the 'parking lot' by the Bluestar load sign, is that no one seemed to care about the claims. Some teen to twelve guys picked around on the claim. My guess is, these were normal tourists, only looking around for souvenirs, and not knowing much about clams and mining. But, they couldn´t have missed that sign or its message.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:52 PM