ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Prospectors dream mat
Crusty
post Aug 25 2017, 07:38 AM
Post #16

Master Mucker!

Group: Members
Member No.: 82,915

Damn, looks like Dream Mat is trying to steal my money again lol

He's come out with a new setup for beach sand and fine gold. Gotta think with all those small vortexes, it would be killer on the Arkansas or Clear Creek.

He also has sizes to fit the gold cube.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Nov 4 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #17

Master Mucker!

Finally pulling the trigger on this mini mat. I think with all the small cells, it'll kill it on the Clear Creek micron. Going with the 8" x 36" in a custom adaptable Sluice with both a power head (for reducing cons or even use on battery at A-Bar) and a stream Sluice or long Tom extension attachments.

Here's one he just made for someone else
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 5 2017, 08:21 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,983

Very nice! Where did you score the sweet box and headers?
We need to run side by side again at CC for a good test! That matting is intriguing. Work should slow down for me a little toward the end of November. I still have 4 small jobs on the books. This has been a work season like no other. whew.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Nov 5 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #19

Master Mucker!

There's a guy on Facebook who makes sluices for the dream mat. He's in Canada, so shipping will probably suck, but not a bad deal for a multi-tool Sluice. Probably won't get it for a few weeks; he's headed out hunting this week.

Ready to roll when you are! Still gotta find a good winter spot. Need to go do a recon to see if the new section of trail on the other side opens up any options.

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Nov 5 2017, 09:58 AM
Post #20

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

It will be interesting to see a little version of the dream mat in action. If I ever get another sluice I will be looking at the dream mat for sure. I may get one sized for the sluice I have now. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 5 2017, 10:03 AM
Post #21

If I might ask... what is the total cost for that setup?

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 5 2017, 10:20 AM
Post #22

Is this the right site? From Montana prospectors dream
I also noticed that an outfit from Australia sells it, or a version of it.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 5 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #23

Since there are multiple entities selling it... I'm super curious as to where it is sourced. I'm guessing some type of conveyor material for the agriculture, farming, or food industry. Possibly for mechanically moving hay or processing animals? I don't want to undercut these guys but I find myself wanting to know the origin of this stuff.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Nov 5 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #24

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (swizz @ Nov 5 2017, 10:02 AM) *
Since there are multiple entities selling it... I'm super curious as to where it is sourced. I'm guessing some type of conveyor material for the agriculture, farming, or food industry. Possibly for mechanically moving hay or processing animals? I don't want to undercut these guys but I find myself wanting to know the origin of this stuff.

It is all made by a guy in Montana, David Peterson. As far as I know he is the sole source and they are all distributors. It is designed to catch gold; not an adapted use.

The custom sluice will be $200 CANADIAN, plus shipping, WITHOUT the mat (I'll be buying it from David, hopefully with a "three time buyer" discount. lol

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 5 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #25

Ah, roger that. If I purchase I'll go through his site as well.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Nov 5 2017, 12:07 PM
Post #26

Master Mucker!

Really interested to see how longtomming my keene 10" (with 2.5" dredge) going down to 8". Should definitely speed things up and clear black sand. Can't wait to see how it performs at our claim, which has a LOT of black sand. We're still debating if using a 4" dredge will be effective without having to do a cleanout once an hour to keep the black sands from overwhelming the sluice. We'd end up with a large amount of cons, which will make the con reducing sluice capability invaluable. Or we just both use 2.5"s, longtommed to catch more gold.

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 11 2018, 12:12 PM
Post #27

Master Mucker!

Finally got a chance to test out the Prospector Dream Mats 8" mini mat in a Paul Jarvis (Adventures in Gold Prospecting) Triple Threat Sluice. The mini mat was designed to catch fine gold and for con reduction. Paul's sluice gives you the option of swapping between a stream sluice flare or power head for recirc or at home con reduction. It is well built and Paul continues to seek feedback from his customers to improve his already awesome product!

One of the common questions on the mini mat is to what size should you classify, so I made this video to show it running 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2". I was please to learn it runs great at 1/2", which is what most folks classify to. Even in the slightly low flow I had it running at.

I bought both the 8" mini to be able to reduce dredge cons in the field, as well as run as a recirc away from the water source, as well as the 6", to run cons at home.

I can definitely recommend the mini dream mat as a winner for catching the Colorado (and everywhere else) small stuff!

Mike S did also use it for a bit, as well as my 12" full sized dream mat, so maybe he'll weigh in with his thoughts.

https://www.facebook.com/bobbittm/videos/10211598594507522/

https://www.facebook.com/bobbittm/videos/10211598766111812/

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Evg
post Mar 9 2018, 11:38 PM
Post #28

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 142,334

QUOTE (Crusty @ Aug 25 2017, 07:38 AM) *
Damn, looks like Dream Mat is trying to steal my money again lol

He's come out with a new setup for beach sand and fine gold. Gotta think with all those small vortexes, it would be killer on the Arkansas or Clear Creek.

He also has sizes to fit the gold cube.

You think it worth ordering at least one mat for the gold cube and say place at the lower level to make sure there is no gold lost? Or maybe stick it on the top one that has no riffles?

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Mar 10 2018, 10:55 AM
Post #29

Master Mucker!

I've never used a Cube, but no doubt adding a sheet of Dream Mat would lock in any gold that might sneak through.

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Evg
post Mar 16 2018, 10:04 PM
Post #30

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 142,334

I got the mat and now debating either to reap one old mat from the gold cube and replace it with dream mat or just install the dream mat on the fist slick plate right under the trommel.

From one side if I replace the mat it's going to be on the final section to catch fine gold that other 2 mats missed. From another side, if I place it on the first tray I'll have 4 trays with matting instead of 3. There is no option for me to just add another tray because the setup will become too tall for the field, it's already pushing the comfort zone, and I don't want to raise shovel over my head in order to feed the trommel.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
12 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:17 PM