ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Forrest Fenn Treasure Hunting, STONE CIRCLE gives us the thrill of the chase...
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 16 2020, 09:04 PM
Post #31

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

From this spot we're looking up into the canyon, right where we found a spring that forms a pool of warm water about 200 feet to the west. The spring is surrounded by trees and vegetation and the mineral deposits that formed a distinct cone shaped water feature. I dipped my toe into the standing water pool and it was warm!

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

[attachment=11775:Warm_Water_Spring.jpg]

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 21 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #32

Rock Bar!

Forrest Fenn has given clues that the treasure was located above 5,000 feet and below 10,200 feet. After many searches in the woods, we found a blaze that was carved into a boulder at an elevation of 10,060 feet. We were feeling the thrill of the chase! From then on, all our efforts went downhill...

Here's a photo of that "BLAZE" we found about 140 feet below Fenn's upper elevation limit.

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

[attachment=11777:BLAZE_On_Boulder.jpg]

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 31 2020, 07:39 PM
Post #33

Rock Bar!

If you want to understand how excited we were when we found this monument, then you need to study Forrest Fenn's MY WAR FOR ME in his memoir. It was less than 200 feet away when we put-one-foot-in-front-of-the-other while going downhill from that boulder with the blaze.

We felt peace before we got the 7734 out of there.

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

[attachment=11778:Monument.jpg]

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jun 8 2020, 06:32 AM
Post #34

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

One can only hope that it was you and your wife that found the treasure. happy112.gif

signs026.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jun 18 2020, 11:11 AM
Post #35

Rock Bar!

We've been searching for Indulgence for several years and have many great memories. Here's a link to an example from last summer that was posted in MOST IMPORTANT INFO by Forrest Fenn;

FGM-23

Our efforts turned more serious when we discovered a hidden map in the book with the treasure poem. Forrest Fenn is a genius!

[attachment=11854:TTOTC_page_33_Map.jpg]

We put an X on that map and searched the area as often as possible.

[attachment=11855:View_Towards_WWWH.jpg]

Eventually, we were able to "marry the clues to a good map". That placed us within 200 feet of the location of our solve on June 26, 2018!

[attachment=11856:A_Good_M..._26_2018.jpg]

Sincerely,

Johnny & Donna

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jun 22 2020, 08:53 PM
Post #36

Rock Bar!

Folks,

We are pleased to offer our solution to the location of Forrest Fenn's hiding spot for the treasure.

Sincerely,

Johnny & Donna Tonko

[attachment=11858:Tonko_So...n_Signed.pdf]

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jun 26 2020, 08:23 AM
Post #37

Rock Bar!

We spent all winter waiting to get back to Warm Spring Creek, Wyoming. Last October, after reviewing the pics we took of the historical site in 2018, the solution became quite apparent. We had been “looking down” too close to the site. The chest was most likely in the trees downhill a short distance outside the fence. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our travel plans this spring a couple of times due to snow blocking the Union Pass road. Just as we were ready to leave, Forrest ended the search. Glad he notified the searchers the treasure had been found in a timely manner.

Here is a map of the course that follows our clue solutions;

[attachment=11859:Union_Pa...p_Signed.jpg]

Sincerely,

Johnny

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jun 26 2020, 08:29 AM
Post #38

Rock Bar!

CONFIRMATION OPINION #1

The book that Forrest wrote after TTOTC had a “hint”, in our opinion, on the back cover. After we noticed it, we took more interest in his pics taken in interviews over the years. Forrest always seemed to have a much bigger and more pronounced smile as he posed next to his wagon on the Santa Fe Trail passing through his homesite. We think it is because of the influence early wagon trails had on our history. The wagon ruts over Union Pass are still visible only a few hundred feet away from our BLAZE at the top of the Continental Divide. Surprisingly, Johnny discovered a Medicine Wheel at the downstream reach of Warm Spring Creek Canyon. There was a single pine tree at that sacred site and it had a rusty old horseshoe hanging from a low branch! Forrest used horseshoes as colophon markings in his books and at least one of his scrapbooks as well.

[attachment=11860:Wagon_Wh...s_Page_1.jpg]

[attachment=11861:Wagon_Wh...s_Page_2.jpg]

[attachment=11862:Wagon_Wh...s_Page_3.jpg]

Sincerely,

Johnny

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jun 26 2020, 08:47 AM
Post #39

Rock Bar!

CONFIRMATION OPINION #2

Ned Christopher Frost played an important part in the establishment of Wyoming Place No. 26 of the National Register of Historic Places on Union Pass (our BLAZE). While Mr. Frost was the director and curator of the Buffalo Bill Museum, Forrest Fenn acquired the original buffalo skull that had hung above the door to Buffalo Bill's mountain cabin. This documentation proves that Fenn and Frost were well acquainted.

[attachment=11864:Page_fro...cal_Site.jpg]

[attachment=11863:Ned_Fros...lo_Skull.jpg]

Sincerely,

Johnny

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jun 28 2020, 05:16 PM
Post #40

Rock Bar!

CONFIRMATION OPINION #3

Like untold numbers of other searchers, we have sent many emails to Forrest over the years and he has responded back to us a few times. It was our effort to keep him apprised of BOTG discoveries and our progress towards the correct poem solution. Interestingly, we sent Forrest the following email at 8:04 pm June 5, 2020:

Dear Forrest,

We seek Indulgence much like you do.
All the chasing and chasing in the cold,
Makes our skin turn to shades of blue.
It has been 10 years without a trinket sold.

We’re trying and trying…you get the drift.
Every year we push the limits of snow,
When the sun melts it away our sprits lift.
We have to wait while winds still blow.

This isn’t much of a poem but it will suffice,
BOTG will get us over the rise.
Toe go we passing over that ice,
Going to the bank will be very nice!

Sincerely,

Johnny & Donna

Just 24 hours later, Forrest ended the search! We had waited all winter for the snow drifted Union Pass Road to clear and COVID-19 restrictions by Wyoming be lifted so we could retrieve the chest from our site. The travel reservations had us going BOTG June 7, 2020 but we canceled our trip when learning of the search being called off. We are appreciative that Forrest called off the search as soon as he had confirmed the treasure was "found".

Last year, Forrest asked for our permission to publish one of the emails we had sent to him. Here’s a link to that correspondence with Forrest's response and comments by other searchers just as it was posted in the thread MOST IMPORTANT INFO:

FORREST GETS MAIL #23

Sincerely,

Johnny & Donna

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Jun 28 2020, 08:24 PM
Post #41

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,659

That's pretty cool about the wolverine thing and to see one is rare.
One time we had a dead baby lamb at home and it was a snack for our wolfdog.
One night my daughter and I were outside and we thought we heard the dogs fighting so we walked around the hill and two of my dogs passed us heading back home and I thought what the heck?
Once we saw our wolfdog squaring off with that thing I already knew he was in trouble. It was getting dark and at first sight I thought it was a cougar.
I've never seen an animal move the way that wolverine moved and the way he schooled my wolfdog in fighting skills was rediculous!
I fired off a couple of shots to break them up before my dog got too hurt or his self esteem crushed but it was pretty amazing to see that.
He came away with a few scratches and nothing serious but he wasnt going to give up that lamb that easy.
I'm pretty sure that wolverine smelled the lamb carcass from miles away.

It was kind of funny but as my wolfdog would jump and bluff at the wolverine, it would simply grab his face and clamp on making him scream like a little girl. There wasnt any bluffing in this animal.

Also when I pulled out my pistol to fire off shots into the hill my daughter looked at me and said, "dont shoot it!" Haha
I think Wolverines are protected but he was giving my dog plenty of chances to back down anyway. He was just picking on my poor dog is all haha.
That was a memorable night for sure!

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jul 14 2020, 03:36 PM
Post #42

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jun 28 2020, 06:16 PM) *
CONFIRMATION OPINION #3

Like untold numbers of other searchers, we have sent many emails to Forrest over the years and he has responded back to us a few times. It was our effort to keep him apprised of BOTG discoveries and our progress towards the correct poem solution. Interestingly, we sent Forrest the following email at 8:04 pm June 5, 2020:

Dear Forrest,

We seek Indulgence much like you do.
All the chasing and chasing in the cold,
Makes our skin turn to shades of blue.
It has been 10 years without a trinket sold.

We’re trying and trying…you get the drift.
Every year we push the limits of snow,
When the sun melts it away our sprits lift.
We have to wait while winds still blow.

This isn’t much of a poem but it will suffice,
BOTG will get us over the rise.
Toe go we passing over that ice,
Going to the bank will be very nice!

Sincerely,

Johnny & Donna

Just 24 hours later, Forrest ended the search! We had waited all winter for the snow drifted Union Pass Road to clear and COVID-19 restrictions by Wyoming be lifted so we could retrieve the chest from our site. The travel reservations had us going BOTG June 7, 2020 but we canceled our trip when learning of the search being called off. We are appreciative that Forrest called off the search as soon as he had confirmed the treasure was "found".

Last year, Forrest asked for our permission to publish one of the emails we had sent to him. Here’s a link to that correspondence with Forrest's response and comments by other searchers just as it was posted in the thread MOST IMPORTANT INFO:

FORREST GETS MAIL #23

Sincerely,

Johnny & Donna

It appears that the link is no longer working. Perhaps the website is now offline.

Here's an image of FORREST GETS MAIL 23

[attachment=11880:Forrest_..._Mail_23.jpg]

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jul 23 2020, 02:27 AM
Post #43

Rock Bar!

CONFIRMATION OPINION #4

This just in from Forrest Fenn;

Many of the searchers for my treasure had solves that seemed to neatly fit the clues in my poem. Then when the finder found and retrieved the treasure, other searchers wondered how close they had been to the right spot. Because I promised the finder I would not reveal who found it or where, I have remained mostly silent.

However, the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers, so today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming. Until he found the treasure, the treasure had not moved in the 10 years since I left it there on the ground, and walked away.

Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana.

To all of those who did not find the treasure, we hope that you got some enjoyment from the chase. f

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jul 25 2020, 03:53 PM
Post #44

Rock Bar!

CONFIRMATION OPINION #5

Here are anagrams that support the Tonko Solution;

[attachment=11886:ANAGRAMS...E_Page_1.jpg]

[attachment=11887:ANAGRAMS...E_Page_2.jpg]

[attachment=11888:ANAGRAMS...E_Page_3.jpg]

[attachment=11889:Map_of_Area.jpg]

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Aug 9 2020, 05:33 PM
Post #45

Rock Bar!

THE TONKO SOLUTION

[attachment=11897:Tonko_So..._Page_01.jpg]

[attachment=11899:Tonko_So..._Page_02.jpg]

[attachment=11900:Tonko_So..._Page_03.jpg]

[attachment=11901:Tonko_So..._Page_04.jpg]

[attachment=11902:Tonko_So..._Page_05.jpg]

[attachment=11903:Tonko_So..._Page_06.jpg]

[attachment=11904:Tonko_So..._Page_07.jpg]

[attachment=11905:Tonko_So..._Page_08.jpg]

[attachment=11906:Tonko_So..._Page_09.jpg]

[attachment=11907:Tonko_So..._Page_10.jpg]

[attachment=11908:Tonko_So..._Page_11.jpg]

[attachment=11909:Tonko_So..._Page_12.jpg]

[attachment=11910:Tonko_So..._Page_13.jpg]

[attachment=11911:Tonko_So..._Page_14.jpg]

[attachment=11912:Tonko_So..._Page_15.jpg]

[attachment=11913:Map_of_Search_Site.jpg]

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
112 User(s) are reading this topic (112 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:06 AM