ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Snow
Dypheron
post Feb 21 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,528

Anyone getting any decent snow off of this so called storm? Apparently the 4 inches we have here is enough to close the fort, so looks like I'm staying home tomorrow! Which I think is pretty funny, I remember when I was younger getting a foot overnight and still having to walk to school the next day...

--------------------
Life goes by so fast/You only wanna do what you think is right/Close your eyes and it's past/Story of my life - Mike Ness
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
russau
post Feb 21 2013, 05:23 AM
Post #2

russau

Member No.: 43

Here in St.Louis,Mo. we are waiting for it to hit us. snow sleet. freezing rain to accumalate from 1 inch to 6 inchs of snow for various parts of the area. snow doesent bother me, but adding a 1/4 inch of ice does. my generator is ready and i have fuel ready! they keep moveing the arrival of the storm back. now its supposed to get here between 12/1 PM today!most schools are already closed.

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 21 2013, 06:56 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (Dypheron @ Feb 20 2013, 11:37 PM) *
Apparently the 4 inches we have here is enough to close the fort, so looks like I'm staying home tomorrow! Which I think is pretty funny, I remember when I was younger getting a foot overnight and still having to walk to school the next day...

It's comical how the news channels have mobile reporters scattered everywhere all bundled-up and it is dominating the news this morning. Hell, we often get a foot up here and nobody flinches. Front range gets 4" and it's dang near "storm of the century" you would think.... if the TV is on.
dang tenderfoots smiley-laughing021.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Dypheron
post Feb 21 2013, 08:28 AM
Post #4

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (swizz @ Feb 21 2013, 05:56 AM) *
It's comical how the news channels have mobile reporters scattered everywhere all bundled-up and it is dominating the news this morning. Hell, we often get a foot up here and nobody flinches. Front range gets 4" and it's dang near "storm of the century" you would think.... if the TV is on.
dang tenderfoots smiley-laughing021.gif

I think a big part of it is there's so many people in the area that are not native to a region that gets snow, so they see a flurry and freak out. Nice thing about it is since I'm off today I can go out and get stuff done without any crowds. They might freeze in the blistering cold 18 degree weather! smiley-laughing021.gif

--------------------
Life goes by so fast/You only wanna do what you think is right/Close your eyes and it's past/Story of my life - Mike Ness

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 21 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #5

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Storm Of The Century, good movie! happy112.gif
Just a scuff of snow here, but I was able to get some sweet pictures because of the ice in the sky. Here is a "cool" sundog!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 21 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #6

Sundog of the century! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Feb 21 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #7

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 41,357

I couldn't believe how bad the traffic was this morning - at 5am! Yeah, the rod conditions were bad, but not so bad that it called for idleing along..... at 3 to 5 mph! slaphead.gif Darn warm weather drivers should stay where it's warm! greensmilies-025.gif Ok, at least it was better than dealing with Californians in 4x4's thinking they can do 75, jus' cuz they're in 4x4's. smiley-shocked003.gif

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
World Traveler, 7 Continent Walker
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER
Referral Code: SE2104

+Quote Post
russau
post Feb 21 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #8

russau

Member No.: 43

i remember back in 1967 when i just got out of boot camp in El Paso Texas at Christmass time. we got 1 inch of dry snow. they cloesed the base and ALL transportation! i asked if i could get off base to rent a car to drive home and they said NO! everything was closed.nobody was allowed on the streets because it was so dangerious!!!! sooooooooo we got put into a holdover barracks and had a party! it went into the night and most everyone was drunk untill the officer of the day with 2 armed gaurds came into that barracks and saw what we were doing. well atleast nobody went to prison for it and 2 days later the airport was opened back up and we went home for Christmass. man that was a great party! ALMOST as good as what Leonard has!:)

+Quote Post
Dypheron
post Feb 21 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #9

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (russau @ Feb 21 2013, 11:42 AM) *
i remember back in 1967 when i just got out of boot camp in El Paso Texas at Christmass time. we got 1 inch of dry snow. they cloesed the base and ALL transportation! i asked if i could get off base to rent a car to drive home and they said NO! everything was closed.nobody was allowed on the streets because it was so dangerious!!!! sooooooooo we got put into a holdover barracks and had a party! it went into the night and most everyone was drunk untill the officer of the day with 2 armed gaurds came into that barracks and saw what we were doing. well atleast nobody went to prison for it and 2 days later the airport was opened back up and we went home for Christmass. man that was a great party! ALMOST as good as what Leonard has!:)

Sounds like when I was at Jackson in 2002, out doing a roadmarch in a "blizzard", got an inch or two halfway through and had to stop because they closed post. We waited longer in the cold for a bus than it would have taken us to march back to the barracks...Spent two years working just down the road from you at FLW, they'd cancel training for the most mundane crap, can only imagine it's worse now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 10 2014, 10:49 AM
Post #10

Anyone getting it today? emoticon-object-024.gif
Blowing hard here and it just started snowing sideways. We've had almost summer-like weather until now, which is unusual. Gave me extra time to button everything up this year.
I'm not sure if this is the one that will make snow stick or not. The ski area could use something because I think they were scheduled to open this weekend, they're bare.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Nov 10 2014, 05:37 PM
Post #11

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

Starting to stick to the roads here in Denver. Overpasses are already getting icy. Be careful!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Nov 10 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #12

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

Tires being mounted today :)

+Quote Post
Dypheron
post Nov 11 2014, 07:17 PM
Post #13

Rock Bar!

We got about 4-5 inches of fluff, nothing significant.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Nov 12 2014, 11:14 AM
Post #14

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

No snow here yet, it's been mostly sunny but has been VERY windy! desert.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 12 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #15

Up to about 6" here now. emoticon-object-024.gif
Nice fluffy stuff, no wind, and temp in the 20s. The front range looks to be colder with a little more snow, maybe a bit of an upslope to this storm.
I did my first plow run today with the boss, went well!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:57 AM